Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to GM Tailoring

Explanation of skill gain:
INX skill gain is repetition based and not difficulty based, which means you can make the easiest item over and over and gain skill whether you have 40 or 90 points in that skill. As you gain skill it gets progressively longer to gain each .1 skill. You will probably get lucky sometimes and gain .1 in only a few attempts and other times you might get stuck for a while. Don't worry too much about getting stuck, it will average out.

Suggestion on what to make:
The most commonly crafted items for tailoring are bandanas and skullcaps since they only take 2 cloth each and sell to vendors for 3gp (1.5 gp per cloth). You could calculate it out and figure out if there's an item that yields more gp per piece of cloth used, but I wanted to GM it using as little cloth as possible.

Why would I GM Tailoring?
1. You need tailoring to make some of the armors available on INX. Open your sewing kit to find out which ones Wink.
2. If you pick the cotton and make it into cloth yourself this is an easy way to make some money while AFK. It's less profitable then mining but again you can do this while AFK.

Bonus: You get a dye tub you choose the color of (unlike the ones on the PVP reward stone which are random) and you can give it your own name! Here is a link to some hues on INX. Make sure you have the right hues file from the download section or they might appear differently. Here is a link to the download section. You can find the hues file in the required files section.

My results:
Here's a table of how much cloth I used for every 10-15 points. It starts at 45 because I didn't keep track from the start and because you can buy up to about 40-45 skill from a vendor.

Starting Skill Level.....Ending Skill Level.....Cloth Used

Total Cloth Used: 156366

What does this information do for you? Unfortunately it doesn't tell you that with exactly 156366 cloth you can GM Tailoring. But it does serve as a reference on how big of a stockpile you need if you want to GM Tailoring in 1 very long run.

The Macro:

Here's the Razor macro I used to GM Tailoring from the safety and comfort of my own home.

Quote:!Loop
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|21|0|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|2002155655|False|300
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you put the bandana in your pack.
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-4
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|0|80
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.1000000
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1081519064|1725|996|11|3650
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.7500000
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

Notes:
  1. Before starting the macro double click your sewing kit, target some cloth in your pack and make one bandanna.
  2. Add 1 bandanna to organize agent 4 and set the hot bag to a container on the ground or in your bank.
  3. Add folded cloth to restock agent 1 and set the amount to whatever you want. I put 300 cloth in the macro in case you do this at a bank and not your house and someone comes and suicide-kills you when you aren't looking. This way you won't lose too much cloth and you don't have to restock on cloth after every other bandanna you make.
  4. In Razor, right-click the "absolute target" line after restock agent 1, select re-target and target the container with your cloth.
  5. If you want you can use this same macro to GM Tailoring at a bank. Just add a line in somewhere where you say 'bank guards' to keep opening it in case it closes because your character turns or moves for whatever reason. This happened to me when someone trained anatomy on me and my character turned to look at them making my bank close.

Let me know if you have any trouble with the macro or suggestions.

Go to the Macros folder in the Razor folder (a common place for Razor is C:\Program Files\Razor), make a New Text Document and change the extension to ".macro" instead of ".txt". Copy the macro above in the quote into the new file and save and close the file. Restart Razor and your new macro should be there.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Explanation of skill gain:
Since INX is repetition based and not difficulty based, this means you can make the easiest item over and over and gain skill whether you have 40 or 90 points in that skill. As you gain skill it gets progressively harder.

Suggestion on what to make:
The most commonly crafted items for tailoring are bandanas and skullcaps since they only take 2 cloth each and sell to vendors for 3gp (1.5 gp per cloth). You could calculate it out and figure out if there's an item that yields more gp per piece of cloth used, but I wanted to GM it using as little skill as possible.

Why would I GM Tailoring?
1. You get a dye tub you choose the color of (unlike the ones on the PVP reward stone which are random) and you give it your own name.
2. You need tailoring to make some of the armors available on INX. Open your sewing kit to find out which ones Wink.
3. If you pick the cotton and make it into cloth yourself this is an easy way to make some money while AFK. It's less profitable then mining but again you can do this while AFK.

My results:
Here's a table of how much cloth I used for every 10-15 points. It starts at 45 because I didn't keep track from the start and because you can buy up to about 40-45 skill from a vendor.

Starting Skill Level.....Ending Skill Level.....Cloth Used

Total Cloth Used: 156366

What does this information do for you? Unfortunately it doesn't tell you that with exactly 156366 cloth you can GM Tailoring. But it does serve as a reference on how big of a stockpile you need if you want to GM Tailoring in 1 very long run.

The Macro:

Here's the Razor macro I used to GM Tailoring from the safety and comfort of my own home.

Notes:
  1. Before starting the macro simply double click your sewing kit, target some cloth in your pack and make one bandanna.
  2. The Organize Agent puts the finished bandanna in a chest on the floor.
  3. The Restock Agent takes cloth from the same chest on the floor.
  4. If you want you can use this same macro to GM Tailoring at a bank. Just add a line in somewhere where you say 'bank guards' to keep opening it incase it closes because your character turns or moves for whatever reason.

Let me know if you have any trouble with the macro or suggestions.

Go to the Macros folder in the Razor folder (a common place for Razor is C:\Program Files\Razor), make 2 New Text Documents and change the extension to ".macro" instead of ".txt". Copy the macros above in the quotes into the new files and save and close the file. Restart Razor and your new macros should be there.

This is really good for begginers, thank you for sharing.
I could have done something similar with blacksmith but I am finishing already Sad!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Awesome 80! Good job!

Glad you guys like it. As I do other skills I'll add guides for them too. I'm doing a bit of everything at once so it might be a while before I write the next one.

If anyone has a better method to do tailoring feel free to share! Smile

Hey guys if you get stuck on a wait for gump line, follow these instructions:

1. Right click on the line above the one where you get stuck
  2. Select Special Constructs>Insert Pause/Wait...
  3. Choose Wait for gump
  4. Click the Insert button.
  5. You should now have 2 wait for gump lines in a row.
  6. Delete the second wait for gump line.

The macro should work now! If it doesn't, message me on msn and I'll try to help you out.

Nice macro! I would surelly use it if i had a house Tongue
As i don't have money to afford one yet, i created my own macro, i'll share it if someone else would like to use =]

Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|99
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|PTB|2|16|7|Guards
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:02
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|2|Cloth
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3997|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1079861128|85|105|0|5981
Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|949095101|False|300
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|9|0|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|949095101|False|300
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|0|0|0
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|100|Bandana
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|PTB|2|17|119|Burton Sell

I'll try to follow your line of notes =]

Notes:
1. Go to a tailoring shop.
2. Before you start the macro do the following:
-Double click your sewing and click on a cloth, then select in the menu
the hats section.
-Create a selling agent for bandanas.
-In the 8th line click re-target and then target on the cloth(if you choo
se to put target by type it may crash because there are clothes in the
shop.)
-Change the Burton Sell line for the name of the vendor you want to sell
your bandanas.
-Create 2 counters for bandanas and clothes on razor and be sure to
enable it!
3. It will call guards if you are atacked.
4. It won't automatically restock, so you need to time by time pay
attention, if it runs out of cloth the macro will just make sure no one
attacks you and run away safely ;D
5. It will automatically sell if you have 100 bandanas in your pack.

This is it, i actually train tailoring in the british tailor shop and never had problems there.
I hope you enjoy it ;D

[EDIT]
BTW, what item you said we should make while afk do get some money with tailoring?

I suggested people make bandannas or skullcaps. If I remember right they both take 2 cloth, sell for the highest gp's/pieces of cloth ratio, and have about an equal success rate. Of course the success rate only really makes a difference at the beginning if it's not 100 right away, after a little while you don't have to worry about that.

Some suggestions for your macro (beware of added spaces);

-The line where you say guards and a few other lines got a space added in, you should add a note telling people to take out the spaces. I don't know why the forums does this for macros, it's really weird.
-The 2 second pause after calling guards isn't really needed, but I guess it doesn't do any harm.
-You can take out the part where you double click the sewing kit and target the cloth. Basically you are just wasting a few seconds doing this every time you make a bandanna and a few seconds for thousands of repetitions adds up. After you craft an item the craft menu reappears, so you can also remove the close gump line.

That leaves you with the following macro;

Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|99
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|PTB|2|16|7|Guards
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|2|Cloth
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|9|0|0
Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|949095101|False |300
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|50|1|100|Bandana
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|52|3|PTB|2|17|119| Burton Sell

General suggestion for macros you make yourself;

-Try to use the make last button instead of clicking the button for the specific item you want to make. This way if you want to mass produce any other item then what you originally set up the macro for you don't have to edit the macro each time, just make 1 item of whatever you want to mass produce first then run the macro. This might not make a big difference for something like tailoring, but it's helpful for other things like inscription and alchemy where you actually want to mass produce several different items.

Eighty Swords Wrote:I suggested people make bandannas or skullcaps. If I remember right they both take 2 cloth, sell for the highest gp's/pieces of cloth ratio, and have about an equal success rate. Of course the success rate only really makes a difference at the beginning if it's not 100 right away, after a little while you don't have to worry about that.

Some suggestions for your macro (beware of added spaces);

-The line where you say guards and a few other lines got a space added in, you should add a note telling people to take out the spaces. I don't know why the forums does this for macros, it's really weird.
-The 2 second pause after calling guards isn't really needed, but I guess it doesn't do any harm.
-You can take out the part where you double click the sewing kit and target the cloth. Basically you are just wasting a few seconds doing this every time you make a bandanna and a few seconds for thousands of repetitions adds up. After you craft an item the craft menu reappears, so you can also remove the close gump line.

That leaves you with the following macro;

General suggestion for macros you make yourself;

-Try to use the make last button instead of clicking the button for the specific item you want to make. This way if you want to mass produce any other item then what you originally set up the macro for you don't have to edit the macro each time, just make 1 item of whatever you want to mass produce first then run the macro. This might not make a big difference for something like tailoring, but it's helpful for other things like inscription and alchemy where you actually want to mass produce several different items.

Thx for the suggestions, you're right, but the 2 sec pause after calling guards is because theres a sign post at brit bank which says: dont spam more than once per a second.. soh i added it to avoid this kind of problem, all the other suggestions are pretty fine ;D

Ahh true that Wink You still shouldn't say it too often though since you only say it before making an item and that takes a few seconds.

i renew eigthy macros becouse its not working for me
i put pause besouse waitgump not working for me

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Organizer Agent-4
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|21|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|5|0|80
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|0|Restock Agent-1
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.1000000
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1077050157|3798|2267|20|2474
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.7500000