Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Provocation

Provocation has about a 12 second interval on how often you can use it, just like how you can only use hiding every 1-2 seconds (I'm not sure of the exact time). Thing is, if you use provocation you can't do anything else in the mean time, like make a bandanna with tailoring. The 12 second interval is stopping you from not only using provocation again but other skills as well.

I think you should be able to do other actions in the mean time, maybe like 3 seconds after you use provocation (time to play the music to provoke your targets).

Provocation is very long to GM because of this 12 second delay and it would be nice if we could do something else at the same time. We don't really see the problem with some other skills like hiding because the time interval is so small.

Thoughts anyone?

Incase it wasn't too clear when you read this, I'm not saying to reduce the time interval on how often you can use provocation, I'm suggesting it shouldn't block other actions.

I think theres no problem with it. Lets say we put 3 seconds delay, in graveyards i would just go provocating everything and it would make everything to easy.. And it would make it super mega easy to GM.. Thats why it takes long, its a good skill to GM.
I think its perfect just how it is.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Say what? lol

Accidently hit enter. Its edited now Wink!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Right I thought about that, so that's why I said you should be able to do other actions during that 12 second period, but only use provocation every 12 seconds.

provocation is the most rewarding skill on the shard, makes you hunt for free it only takes 8 days to gm peacemaking/disordiance/provokation and musicman ship. so no it should not be made easier or delay should not be cut short, i need to start gming these skills again

8 days 24 hours a day is a long time, especially when you can only put in a few hours a day.

I can't say how long musicianship, discordance and peacemaking all take since I think I had them transferred from XUO where I GMed them. I also had provocation transferred between 40-60 (I forgot exactly how much since I've been working on this for so long), and in roughly 2 weeks, a few hours a day and almost all day on the weekend I still don't have it GMed.

While provocation does help with hunting, it doesn't help when you're going 1 on 1 with say an extreme wyrm with no other monsters around to help you or just tiny monsters who will die in 1 hit from they wyrm.

And again, I just want to be able to do something else in that 12 second interval. If this can be changed, doing all the bardic skills won't take less time, I'll just be able to do something else at the same time. If anything, this helps players get out of their houses where they're doing afk macroing 24/7 and they can actually do something.

Eighty Swords Wrote:8 days 24 hours a day is a long time, especially when you can only put in a few hours a day.

I can't say how long musicianship, discordance and peacemaking all take since I think I had them transferred from XUO where I GMed them. I also had provocation transferred between 40-60 (I forgot exactly how much since I've been working on this for so long), and in roughly 2 weeks, a few hours a day and almost all day on the weekend I still don't have it GMed.

While provocation does help with hunting, it doesn't help when you're going 1 on 1 with say an extreme wyrm with no other monsters around to help you or just tiny monsters who will die in 1 hit from they wyrm.

And again, I just want to be able to do something else in that 12 second interval. If this can be changed, doing all the bardic skills won't take less time, I'll just be able to do something else at the same time. If anything, this helps players get out of their houses where they're doing afk macroing 24/7 and they can actually do something.

for free hunting you can just go afk for 8 days you don't even need to be there, there are much harder skills to gm like inscirption or blacksmithy provokation is one of the most rewarding skills in the game and the gain/delay of the skill won't change believe me i know becuase i paged about it when i had my smoke character and they told me the same thing. "This skill is one of the most rewarded skills in the game so I do not think it will be made easier"

Yes I could leave the PC on 8 days straight but there are other people that live in my house who use the computer so I can't leave UO going 24 hours a day. This makes 8 days of non stop macroing a lot longer; weeks and maybe even months. Even if nobody else was using my computer, because of something quirky going on with my ISP I can't leave UO on for hours on end without monitoring it because I get disconnected at random times and sometimes my computer plays a joke on me and just locks up or restarts. This happened to me last night at 4am so I lost macro time from 4am to whenever I woke up. I'm not saying the whole shard has to change to fit my weird ISP/PC problems but this change on provocation is still something that I'd like to have feedback on from other players and staff.

Sorry to repeat myself here but you seem to have skipped over one of my points; provocation will only help you when in an area with multiple monsters that are about the same strength. It won't help you when you're in an area with 1 really strong monster and a few weak monsters. For example; if you're fighting an xtreme wyrm and provoke it to attack a regular skeleton the skeleton will probably die in 1 hit without even hurting the wyrm and you can't use provocation any more so there goes the most valuable skill on the shard that supposedly lets me hunt for free.

smoke it sounds like you don't even have these skills GMed on your current character so I'm not sure how you can justify saying that it lets you hunt for free. I don't know how much you did hunt when you had your smoke character with these skills, so I won't say you never did. But what I can say is that hunting has changed since then. For starters Xtreme monsters weren't around then.

And like you said, there are other skills out there like blacksmithy and inscription that I need to GM so it really sucks to be spending my little bit of time to play UO on GMing a skill that I can only use a portion of the time when hunting.

I think this is long enough of an answer for now. If I keep going people won't read it haha Wink. Time to play some 360.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Yes I could leave the PC on 8 days straight but there are other people that live in my house who use the computer so I can't leave UO going 24 hours a day. This makes 8 days of non stop macroing a lot longer; weeks and maybe even months. Even if nobody else was using my computer, because of something quirky going on with my ISP I can't leave UO on for hours on end without monitoring it because I get disconnected at random times and sometimes my computer plays a joke on me and just locks up or restarts. This happened to me last night at 4am so I lost macro time from 4am to whenever I woke up. I'm not saying the whole shard has to change to fit my weird ISP/PC problems but this change on provocation is still something that I'd like to have feedback on from other players and staff.

Sorry to repeat myself here but you seem to have skipped over one of my points; provocation will only help you when in an area with multiple monsters that are about the same strength. It won't help you when you're in an area with 1 really strong monster and a few weak monsters. For example; if you're fighting an xtreme wyrm and provoke it to attack a regular skeleton the skeleton will probably die in 1 hit without even hurting the wyrm and you can't use provocation any more so there goes the most valuable skill on the shard that supposedly lets me hunt for free.

smoke it sounds like you don't even have these skills GMed on your current character so I'm not sure how you can justify saying that it lets you hunt for free. I don't know how much you did hunt when you had your smoke character with these skills, so I won't say you never did. But what I can say is that hunting has changed since then. For starters Xtreme monsters weren't around then.

And like you said, there are other skills out there like blacksmithy and inscription that I need to GM so it really sucks to be spending my little bit of time to play UO on GMing a skill that I can only use a portion of the time when hunting.

I think this is long enough of an answer for now. If I keep going people won't read it haha Wink. Time to play some 360.

I use provocation mainly to distract monsters. Not to get money by killing it.

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Yes I could leave the PC on 8 days straight but there are other people that live in my house who use the computer so I can't leave UO going 24 hours a day. This makes 8 days of non stop macroing a lot longer; weeks and maybe even months. Even if nobody else was using my computer, because of something quirky going on with my ISP I can't leave UO on for hours on end without monitoring it because I get disconnected at random times and sometimes my computer plays a joke on me and just locks up or restarts. This happened to me last night at 4am so I lost macro time from 4am to whenever I woke up. I'm not saying the whole shard has to change to fit my weird ISP/PC problems but this change on provocation is still something that I'd like to have feedback on from other players and staff.

yeah i dont have it on my current character but did you forget i had a character called smoke that was deleted? 8 days of macroing is nothing, do it overnight it's not hard to macro it and it doesn't take long and it doesn't even cost anything. Wait until you get to inscirption oh joy it will be fun to see the post the day you train that.

Come on man, if you're gonna take the time to respond to my post at least read my whole post...

Eighty Swords Wrote:I don't know how much you did hunt when you had your smoke character with these skills, so I won't say you never did. But what I can say is that hunting has changed since then. For starters Xtreme monsters weren't around then.

Like I said, you had them at one point and since then hunting has changed so provocation probably isn't as useful now as when you did have it and used it between two of the same regular strength monsters.

Now inscription on the other hand is one of the most useful skills so I can understand that being long, unlike a skill that I can't always use when hunting.

Let's work with numbers this time since you don't understand my last posts regarding the time it takes. 8 days * 24 hours is 192 hours! If you can't macro 24 hours a day and only say 4 hours a day, that means you will spend all your UO time for 48 days macroing these skills!

After a few hours a day and more on weekends I'm at two weeks for JUST provocation so far and I started with it somewhere around 40-60. Someone has to be nuts to try and do them all!

Provocation is the most useful pvm skill we have. Honestly it outranks using evs in some cases. If anything it should take longer to GM considering how useful it is.

It seems like you are suggesting this so you can macro other things at once but it would ultimately effect pvm. Imagine being able to provoke and then 3 seconds later you could peace something or hide... In most cases that would reduce the level of danger by half.

Provoke is so godly in some places that I have thought about disabling it in certain hunting spots and actually have in others. As smoke said, it is well worth the time invested if you know how to use it and I am completely against any changes to it unless it involves making it more difficult. You guys have it too easy as it is.:p