Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Let's put our heads together!

(No you sickos you know what I mean)

We need to think of a way to attract more players to the shard besides UO Top 100 and other voting sites. Is there other places to advertise? We need to get this bad boy growing!

It's funny you posted this I was thinking about posting something similar. I'm not sure what forms of advertising is available for a UO shard now days other than the voting sites, but I would love to get some kind of ideas going. I would love nothing more than to see the playerbase grow in numbers. If anyone has any ideas I would be willing to help see it through.

Here's an idea:

Taran most likely has all the IN-X players email from the IN-X days, that forum is still up so the emails must be registered. What about sending out an email to everybody? Even if it only hits 40% of the players we'd still be able to reach a lot of players who may not know we're back.

I agree to the above..

I have to say though.. When I use to scroll through shards on the voting sites looking for a new place to try.. The website always sold me.. And the Imagine nation website is average (To put it the nicest words)..

Take a look at our competition in the market.. (e.g. The Abyss, or The forgotten world).. there website is spectacular.. people want to feel secure joining a shard.. and a nice website and time dedicated into making it shows that you have dedicated owners.. - This is only my personal opinion.. everyones looks at things differently but I thought It would be worthwhile throwing it out there..

Let me know your thoughts.

Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Wrote:I agree to the above..

I have to say though.. When I use to scroll through shards on the voting sites looking for a new place to try.. The website always sold me.. And the Imagine nation website is average (To put it the nicest words)..

Take a look at our competition in the market.. (e.g. The Abyss, or The forgotten world).. there website is spectacular.. people want to feel secure joining a shard.. and a nice website and time dedicated into making it shows that you have dedicated owners.. - This is only my personal opinion.. everyones looks at things differently but I thought It would be worthwhile throwing it out there...

I agree, I have a friend (if I can get in touch with him again) who used to make really really really nice websites, I could ask him if I see him, but if not then I agree that we need to find somebody who can make a really nice website, because it matters A LOT.

These are the five first things that matters the most for a first impression if you ask me:

1. The votes on the top-sites.
  2. The website
  3. The client count.
  4. The "type of shard" it is (OSI replica, Sphere replica, etc etc..)
  5. How easy it is to "get on the shard", meaning how easy they can download the files needed and how good the explanation is on how to do it.

After they have seen those five things they will test the server if they like it, and it is not until NOW that we need to impress them with the great shard we have, and all the good scripts, so we need to get those five things going before we can get new players to join our shard.

You also need to do things so once people get on the shard they stay.

you need to have people running around, some players have already come and gone because everyone was in there house. People used to macro at the bank untill some retards came and killed them with stupid characters. players like to see people doing things otherwise it looks dead.

You have to be at the brit bank more often thats where people start and hang out. Come on order and chaos MORE ACTION seems like your all scared of the bank.

(Possibly easier to find the spell book quest and noobie training area) It took me a bit to find those things.

People who are gm crafting skills need to have there vendors non stop stocked, otherwise everyone has to do it for them selves and we spend another 2 months of everyone in there house.---> Hording stuff and not selling it isn't a good thing. (Greedy)

Players need to accually attend events even if you don't have the skills. (I entered a tournament 1st day with no skills and killed someone) It's supplied why not go and play ? Death match starts why don't you go practice or help others practice ITS SUPPLIED.
You see an event start, go play it only takes a half hour out of your macro time even if you dont like it, it's called helping the shard by being there.

* Post more of upcoming events like this saturday monster bash at this time or vote for the time untill things pick up and people are just on. That way they might stop there macro cuz they know at this time something is happening.

It's not just up to the gm's to help the community its us the players, be nice to new people as they are here longer sure then pk them. Im all for pillage and plunder but being nice when they got nothing and killing them later when they are able to get better things Smile makes more sense don't you think ? I dont want regular plate I wanna loot aqua armor or something. Im not saying give them tons of stuff, just enough to start out. Maybe show them a cool hunting spot not a prime one but a decent place to make money.

Lastly VOTE VOTE VOTE, and talk more on the forums Tongue who cares if it's about your pokemon collection.

Idea * Gm booth somewhere around the bank where he can sit in a booth and anwser questions NOT to do things for you but hes just there to anwser questions and talk. OR if a gm see's a new name log on pop up say hi welcome.

Idea * Free websites like Kijiji, Post free UO shard Coolest MMO from the ages or somthing and post the our url.

These are my ideas and the things that I have noticed while playing.
Captain Blackbeard

I'll put up flyers around my neighborhood/town advertising http://www.in-uo.net... I guarantee ppl will atleast go to the site wondering wtf is happening lol...I advise you guys do the same hehehe.

Perfect Wrote:I'll put up flyers around my neighborhood/town advertising http://www.in-uo.net... I guarantee ppl will atleast go to the site wondering wtf is happening lol...I advise you guys do the same hehehe.

lol, yeah but if those people didn't play UO 10 years ago their reaction will most likely be "WTF? What kind of a stone age game is this!? Hell no!" Wink

^^ maybe lol worth a shot

What Blackbeard said... Run around Britain more often, go naked with regs... Who cares? Start a fight! PvP is what will make this shard grow. It's scripted and spawned well, but we all know why we're here -_-

I feel like if there were duel arenas somewhere in Britain where you could bet gold or duel for loot, it'd be poppin'... Cool