Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Magical Item/spell

O.O mistery.........

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Odium Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]from a playable view it is the best one out there, confirmed by many. And involves the most "skill" less random based (if we dont count in "lag")

And from a spectators view i have never found it more boring than to watch someone using for example posion.(wish still CAN be used on weapons for example) (this system look managable)
[/COLOR]

I agree its the best system for balance, I never said it wasnt. Evidence of that is that the same skilled players win like 99% of the time. Also, I never mentioned poison so I dunno how to really respond to that, I've seen the shards your talking about where its chain poison spam cause you cant heal unless you cure poison first, its just dumb imo. I was talking about alternative attack spells to give more variety than just fs and lightning. Even making 2 alternative spells with the exact same functionality, just different names/graphics/power words. That therefor CANNOT effect balance because nothing has changed. You just have more variety to chose from when casting your spells. Meteor swarm is worthless, fireball is worthless, fix them up and there you go.

Odium Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
(if you think it looks boring and so on because everyone look the same and use the same weaps and not posion on weapons etc, i think maybe we should host more NON autosupplied tornys... fells like it could be time to start that.)
[/COLOR]

Definitely. Even making tournies where the supplied gear is only normal stuff, regular plate armor, regular weap etc. Then new players can still join auto-sup but the people bringing their own gear and scrolls/pots have an obvious advantage, so its preferred to do that.

Also it is what old player know and like as this is how sphere pvp did work.
I do not want to make this topic about the pvp system tough, but im pretty sure it would damage us if we changed it.[/COLOR]

Meh, I played old *****, I played xuo a bit, alphanine, and several others. So I know what to expect from sphere pvp. All I am saying is that we have a few unused spells which could be added for more variety in pvp without messing anything up, I think most pvp'ers here would agree this certainly wouldnt hurt the INX pvp. I'd like to hear your arguments about how it would damage anything to do that?

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]if we would add another spell to "compensate" for the flamestrike spam it would have to be alittle diffrent (more damage,casttime,mana or less damage/casstime,mana) Theres no point to change one "unused" spell to work exactly like flamestrike. So this new spell would replace flamestrike or still be there unused.

As for other spells that remove stam/str/mana i do not think thats the correct way to go eather. but maybe there is another aspec that could be added that would add more skill in some how but not removing ex. flamestrike from the game.

Altough i already think there are a few spells that people should use more often (reflect scroll for example) is really nice and have killed the best pvpers by surprise lots of times Wink

What i meant is that alot of people would get angry.

and now see it turned in to what i did not want it to be about Sad and im sorry i cant explain why I personally feel like i do. Remeber what i haev said about this is my personal toughts. And might not reflect how the admins of IN-X look at it[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

Odium Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]if we would add another spell to "compensate" for the flamestrike spam it would have to be alittle diffrent (more damage,casttime,mana or less damage/casstime,mana) Theres no point to change one "unused" spell to work exactly like flamestrike. So this new spell would replace flamestrike or still be there unused.
[/COLOR]

Actually I think there is a lot of point to it, if someones looking for kal vas flam in the wop spam, they may miss that you already cast MS. Also if they are looking for the FS graphic same thing applies. Besides everyone always complains about sphere pvp that its just kal vas flam over and over and over. This solves that without even doing anything to mess up the system maka spent so long balancing. I could go into the benefits more, but I dont see a point, you mention anything about pvp and everyone just shuts off. The pvp here will never change in any way at all unless maka himself does the change.

As for other spells that remove stam/str/mana i do not think thats the correct way to go eather. but maybe there is another aspec that could be added that would add more skill in some how but not removing ex. flamestrike from the game.

Altough i already think there are a few spells that people should use more often (reflect scroll for example) is really nice and have killed the best pvpers by surprise lots of times Wink
[/COLOR]

Er, adding any of those sort of spells effects balance in a big way, that should definitely be left for maka and hate to work out if its doable or not. I'm pretty sure most duelists use reflect scrolls btw, anyone I've dueled has used them.

What i meant is that alot of people would get angry.

and now see it turned in to what i did not want it to be about Sad and im sorry i cant explain why I personally feel like i do. Remeber what i haev said about this is my personal toughts. And might not reflect how the admins of IN-X look at it[/COLOR]

People get angry over dumb shit every day, I wouldnt lose sleep over it. Sorry for pushing the issue but the name of the thread is new magical item/spell so I'm just adding my opinion. Its difficult to add any sort of spell at all without mucking with balance, so I offered my opinion on how to do it for a benefit without touching balance.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]stop separating my posts into pieces as i made it as one. All pices should be read togheter in order to get what i mean. qoute slicing is a bad thing evented by some kid long ago. - and it feels like u didnt even understand the pices u sliced - as for example slice two "er, adding willa ffect blabla" is exactly what i tried to say and i also wrote in that spesific slice i dont think thats an option

and ye i see the spelling grammar and typing errors i dont care to fix em Smile

and this is as much information ull get of me in this topic regarding this as i dont really got more to add, and neather do you it seem this could be looped back n forth forever.[/COLOR]

holding hands <3

dont[/COLOR]
Quote:stop separating my posts into pieces

Quote:i
Quote:slice
Quote:you
Quote:bad
Quote:kid

Quote:i dont care

Quote:i
Quote:feels
Quote:you
Quote:thing
Quote:in
Quote:me

Quote:and ye
Quote:it
Quote:long
Quote:Smile

I dont see how anyone could find wrong in quote slicing Rolleyes

shade Wrote:i dont see
shade Wrote:how
shade Wrote:could
shade Wrote:i
shade Wrote:find
shade Wrote:anyone
shade Wrote:in
shade Wrote:wrong
shade Wrote:Rolleyes

holding hands <3

Odium Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]stop separating my posts into pieces as i made it as one. All pices should be read togheter in order to get what i mean. qoute slicing is a bad thing evented by some kid long ago. - and it feels like u didnt even understand the pices u sliced - as for example slice two "er, adding willa ffect blabla" is exactly what i tried to say and i also wrote in that spesific slice i dont think thats an option
[/COLOR]

Are you actually being serious? You really know exactly who EVENTED taking a quote? And it was a bad kid a long time ago? Wow. Excellent detective work odium. Also maybe its you who misunderstood my reply. Though it wouldnt be hard to see how someone could interpret your posts the wrong way.
Also, I'll continue to take quotes from wherever I like, if you have a problem with people doing that maybe look at making it disabled on forums (LOL).

and this is as much information ull get of me in this topic regarding this as i dont really got more to add, and neather do you it seem this could be looped back n forth forever.[/COLOR]

Well, you've certainly shown me. Were you drunk when writing this or what? None of your other posts contain this level of idiocy. You made arguments, I responded to them, thats a debate. With this post you addressed none of the points I made, and instead hurled around insults and untruths in a bucket of terrible grammar and misspelling. Then say you have nothing left to add, and then tell me I dont either. Well I do have more to add, if your arguments are falling apart maybe they arent good ones?

:3some:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]let me start off by saying, i did answer your questions in my previous post, altough you like to repeat your questions again in a diffrent way dont mean i have to answer or reply or debate them .. sure i could have copy pasted my previous answer.. but i didnt. and yes separate quoting is a bad habbit, qouting a comple post isnt. and no take a look at your 3 previous posts they have the same arguments about the same 'issue' and i will continue to reply i dont think its an issue personally

separeate quote slicing could be accepted IF the quoted person did state diffrent things or make diffrent arguments in the post. And this wasnt the case. I made one complete post that had one argument and one statement

and i agree with you when you say.[/COLOR]

Jiraiya Wrote:i
Jiraiya Wrote:certainly
Jiraiya Wrote:like
Jiraiya Wrote:making
Jiraiya Wrote:bad
Jiraiya Wrote:arguments

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
Now dont take this post in the wrong way i do like you and all others here but what i dont like is arguing about a 'issue' that will lead nowhere and most or all posts will be equal and or the same, simply diffrent phrasing no more added arguments or pros cons.

And im pretty sure i stated in multiple posts i wont bother about this discussion as it wont lead anywhere.

If u want it to be brough up again (the pvp design) make a new topic or find the old one. But i will not go anywhere near it because i feel like i do in this discussion and i stick to my first reply, cant simply add other spells that are no diffrent from flamestrike or lightning (more than the effect and name). and i know how that discussion/topic would end.[/COLOR]

holding hands <3

Odium Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]let me start off by saying, i did answer your questions in my previous post, altough you like to repeat your questions again in a diffrent way dont mean i have to answer or reply or debate them
[/COLOR]

Let me start out by saying, no, you havn't addressed my original reply to your statements. You instead went off on a tangent about taking quotes and have from then on attempted to derail the thread. Explaining a point in a different way can help illustrate a better picture of what someone is speaking about, and therefor make it easier for someone reading to understand. You are correct, you did not need to answer, reply, or debate, but you did answer, and your answer I'm sorry to said was a load of garbage.

.. sure i could have copy pasted my previous answer.. but i didnt. and yes separate quoting is a bad habbit, qouting a comple post isnt. and no take a look at your 3 previous posts they have the same arguments about the same 'issue' and i will continue to reply i dont think its an issue personally
[/COLOR]

The method of quoting a block of text to which you are specifically replying to with your following remarks is something I do often. I'm dyslexic and it helps me to have it there for reference while I'm typing out my reply. So cheers again on turning an otherwise intelligent discussion into a petty flame fest.

separeate quote slicing could be accepted IF the quoted person did state diffrent things or make diffrent arguments in the post. And this wasnt the case. I made one complete post that had one argument and one statement
[/COLOR]

What you are referring to is called taking a quote out of context. Which I have never intentionally done, and never at all in this thread.

Now dont take this post in the wrong way i do like you and all others here but what i dont like is arguing about a 'issue' that will lead nowhere and most or all posts will be equal and or the same, simply diffrent phrasing no more added arguments or pros cons.

And im pretty sure i stated in multiple posts i wont bother about this discussion as it wont lead anywhere.

If u want it to be brough up again (the pvp design) make a new topic or find the old one. But i will not go anywhere near it as i feel like i do. and i know how it will end.[/COLOR]

Well don't take this the wrong way Odium, but I feel like you've acted a complete idiot on this topic. I still think you're a good GM though.
/shrug

Edit: Oh and about your "I like making bad arguments" cut and paste fun. That made me lose most of the respect I had for you, just really dumb and immature.

everytime i see quote slicing i die alittle inside - feels like u do it to make me annoyed Big Grin

holding hands <3