Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fences

Lederoil Wrote:The whole idea about fences sucks, period!

Once again thank you for your valuable contribution to my thread attempting to improve something and add content to our server. All your points are very valid and have wholly convinced me to abandon my suggestion.

Sincerely,
Eighty Swords

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Eighty now i have seen 3 nearly identical posts from you, and those are not contributing eather. Now its you trying to light hes fire instead of he trying to light your.

Please on the behalf of everyone who do not want to listen to you two argue.
Stop.[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

trolls trolling trolls.

Odium Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Eighty now i have seen 3 nearly identical posts from you, and those are not contributing eather. Now its you trying to light hes fire instead of he trying to light your.

Please on the behalf of everyone who do not want to listen to you two argue.
Stop.[/COLOR]

Sorry Odium, I've run out of sarcastic ways to show my appreciation for his flaming. Until I'm flamed I'm contributing to the discussion at hand in each thread thread and I don't see the harm in that Sad

Eighty Swords Wrote:Sorry Odium, I've run out of sarcastic ways to show my appreciation for his flaming. Until I'm flamed I'm contributing to the discussion at hand in each thread thread and I don't see the harm in that Sad

There's plenty harm in that! How dare you remind players they have the freedom to express their ideas! How dare you...

Back on topic, can anyone think of anymore pros and/or cons to keep this topic productive. Well here's one: Sounds like a ton of work for the poor overworked and underpaid staffCry

I actually had an idea related to this though... it might be kind of dumb but here goes...

What if you could buy houses that already had a fence around them? On sphere I recall it being pretty easy to create custom houses... so I thought, maybe we could make a few of the classic houses also purchasable with fenced property. When you go to the vendor that sells houses you would see something like Brick house x gold, Brick house with property x + y gold

Just a thought.

My objective with this thread was to try and get fences implemented. If this is what it takes to make it easier for the devs then lets do that if everyone is ok with how we worked it out. I think most people agreed with my last details. Anyone have problems with these details again: I guess the last 2 don't really apply if they come as made.

Only reason I wanted to be able to do it myself was so people could get fancy and have alternating heights every other tile... low, high, low, high, etc so it adds some more difference from house to house

Quote:-You can buy up to a certain amount land around or infront of your house (hopefully it can be decorated and deco's not robbed)
-You can fence the whole area in.
-In the fenced in area you can't mark a rune, and existing runes already marked within that area become blank.
-Fences can be locked but you have to do it.
-Each piece (corner, gate, or side piece) is 250 iron or lumber.
-Have a few designs for iron and a few for lumber: short, medium, and tall iron fence, and short, medium, and tall wood fences; light or dark.

Shade Wrote:Back on topic, can anyone think of anymore pros and/or cons to keep this topic productive. Well here's one: Sounds like a ton of work for the poor overworked and underpaid staffCry

you actually get paid?
if you do, you deserve a raise.

Theo Wrote:you actually get paid?
if you do, you deserve a raise.

I think he meant appreciation wise. I doubt the staff are paid unless we have a secret millionaire on the shard!

-edit- because I misread something.