Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alright so e-drama

I'm suggesting that we should have one set of rules that every gm should follow for tournies/events/pvm events because gms who make up there own rules can change there mind at any time which is really ridiculous. Also it's pretty unfair how some gms use some different rules and they one gm uses a whole set of other rules.. imo we should get the rules straight and the gms should just all follow one set of common rules so there is no trouble.

we have one rule that sets this straight already: Staff have the final say.

If one staff member likes picking captains and another likes picking random teams or one does something to keep things fair while another does it how they learned to, it doesn't matter. It is up to us how we run our events that we host as individuals.

I still don't see why you are complaining, I did things my way to keep things fair. May not have been the best solution but who cares. I made the extra effort to try and keep things balanced and for that I have to listen to this? lol

Thanks a lot for the event shade, your time and effort is much appreciated. And seeing an effort from the staff to even randomly made teams was great, especially for the losing side since we had no hope once MCL left. Made it more fun for some of us once the teams were balanced some, even if we still lost Big Grin

Shade Wrote:we have one rule that sets this straight already: Staff have the final say.

If one staff member likes picking captains and another likes picking random teams or one does something to keep things fair while another does it how they learned to, it doesn't matter. It is up to us how we run our events that we host as individuals.

I still don't see why you are complaining, I did things my way to keep things fair. May not have been the best solution but who cares. I made the extra effort to try and keep things balanced and for that I have to listen to this? lol

I'm sorry but that's completly wrong in my opinion, GM's should have the final say but that doesn't go for tournies, it goes for other things like problem solving and paging changing the tours around is just wrong when 3 other gms do it a different way. that's why i asked if we can come up with some rules so everyone can follow them. I know you tryed to keep it balanced but how is it my fault that the player left your tour and you had to take my player half way through the event..? especially when we were talking on vent even he said wtf.. Not to mention I've asked several GM's if i can switch and they alway tell me no sorry it's not allowed.. so why do most gms not allow it and some do? I know I might be complaning but having you're own rules in your own tour can mean different rules every tourny which is ridiculous because there can be 3 different types of the same event.. i just want to get it straight instead of GM's chaning there minds like they cange there socks this way there will be no arguments or nothing wrong..

One thing I forgot to mention; smoke you're only mad because it was scarecrow that was moved. If it was me or somebody who's playing on INX for the first day that got moved you probably wouldn't complain or have even noticed. When RANDOM teams are evened up it's going to be a good player that moves, not a noob. Not to mention Scare was the last joiner and could have been on the other team from the start. Be happy he was on your team long enough for your side to get a big lead and win the tour in the end.

But yes, I agree that all staff should work the same way. If a player wants to change teams, like towards the end of the rep when one team is really losing, let the captains decide if the player can change teams. Sometimes captains will say yes because they don't like easy wins and want the event to be a challenge, or they wanted to fight someone that ended up on their team. I've seen this happen before.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]hmphf..
We have one ruleset exactly like shade says and they are pretty basic, but how a replacment in this case work is up to each and every staff and the mood they are in.

i have hosted plenty of pure random teams rep and plenty of captain replacments.

If its not alot of people there is no need for captains.

If the staff got little time theres no need for captains (yes it takes more time).

If there is a big risk the teams will be very unfair its no fun and thus a pure random team setup works out best.

Altough you and a few others might say "I WANT CAPTAINS" its becasue only you and 3 others actually type something to be captain. While the others dont (because they dont understand or arnt fast enough dosnt matter really).

This was a lame topic for real and i so wish i could lock it.
Be glad he hosted maybe next time ull be able to pick as captain. But dont count on it everytime >.< it was like this back on XUO aswell (eventough it means nothing how we did on xuo or in now). [/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

Its threads like this that make some staff not feel like hosting at all.
GG

Well I will just leave you with this final note: I will run events how I choose with my time and that will never change. If anyone doesn't find that acceptable, well you are not forced to join my events. I don't have to host anything and yet I did to give you guys something to do and a chance to have fun.