Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eighty Swords Wrote:I have no idea who would suicide to get back to their base faster. I've never seen someone do that in all the years we played CTF on XUO.

Well its an easy way to get to the other side quickly and the timer prevents this. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen you know:p I mean why wouldn't you do that with a short timer? It practically begs you to... 40 second run vs 10 seconds of death. I won't even believe I am the first person to see the flaw in that.

If hiding/stealth was added it would be even more reason to abuse the timer like that as someone could easily sneak by you while you go to attack their side and/or get their flag. Once you get to their side and you see your flag in danger but your team is trying to fight them off, it would be much easier and faster to drop yourself and respawn next to the fight.

Anyways, stealth could add something new to the fights but the death timer is appropriate as is.

You're right, just because I didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. But I was defending most of the time and never had someone magically appear next to me. Normally they would come running down the hall chasing after the person who just came to our base.

Shade Wrote:Once you get to their side and you see your flag in danger but your team is trying to fight them off, it would be much easier and faster to drop yourself and respawn next to the fight.

On the other hand you still want to get the other teams flag, or you might not be able to see your flag in danger and kill yourself (like if you're in the middle of the area). What you could also do is that when you come back to life it's with very little health so you have to heal yourself before entering or you might just die quickly. At least you're alive and doing something though! And this way if nobody is at your base, you can heal as you run through the hallways going to get the other teams flag again!

Just a FYI, I've used it before, in the last CTF actually when I believe we were on the same team? I had low health and no mana left at the opposing teams flag room. There wasnt enough people to get the flag, and our base was under attack, so I suicided to get full health and mana and be back at my flag room to help defend. If the timer was shorter, 10-15 seconds I'd do it a lot more easily, basically whenever I ran out of mana I'd do it at 10 seconds.

I think shades right, the reasons to keep the timer where it is are good ones. Yeah it sucks when I'm sitting there dead waiting to spawn, and I die a lot, I'm not a good pvper Big Grin But shortening the timer just opens up too many possibilities for exploit/zerg tactics.

I'm still all for hiding and invis in ctf, as long as the flag carrier cant do it.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Your team's fault for not planning then. And the last CTF I tried getting some people to defend and others to attack but that obviously didn't work

you were on my team so i guess it's your fault Tongue i said i would flag and you guys should all defend yet nobody listened to me Sad

Eighty Swords Wrote:And the last CTF I tried getting some people to defend and others to attack but that obviously didn't work

Dude... why would anyone ever listen to you?

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Lol

Lederoil Wrote:Dude... why would anyone ever listen to you?

Thank you for your valuable contribution to my thread attempting to improve an event I very much enjoy.

Sincerely,
Eighty Swords

Shade Wrote:Hiding in CTF: This is just like summons and can be turned on or off in a second. You could always try requesting it during the next ctf and see what happens Smile

In my opinion it should be permanent since it adds another dimension and challenge to the CTF. But if GMs are willing to enable it that's close enough Smile

Eighty Swords Wrote:it adds another dimension and challenge to the CTF.

Is that a good argument? You could say that to any change...

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

wouldn't make a difference to me id just reveal lol

Lederoil Wrote:Is that a good argument? You could say that to any change...

Sure you could, but would it make any sense? ex: I suggest 'add more mineable ores'. You say 'yea it adds another dimension and challenge to mining'. It doesn't make any sense because there's no real difference in what you do while mining. If I said 'make monsters appear while mining certain ores' and you said 'yea it adds another dimension and challenge to mining' then it would make sense.

smoke Wrote:wouldn't make a difference to me id just reveal lol

The difference is not everybody would think of it or has the detect hidden skill trained. And since the bases are back to back in this ctf, if you're sitting in your base you can see your flag on someone in the other base so you know you have to go get it. If the guy can hide you won't necessarily know he's there and you would have to run around and reveal. Makes it a little more like back on XUO where you had to run all over the place to find the guy, and he might have been hidden anywhere.

meh i usually alawys spam detect hidden everywhere when im not macroing or doing nothing even in ctf while im running Tongue ah well woudn't make a difference for me at all Big Grin