Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

This CTF area is great, decorations really make it look cooler then the plain one we had on XUO. 3 things I want to comment on about it...

1) The hallway before the room with the flag is too short. People can run around it too fast to block the line of sight and can't be attacked. The hallway on XUO was much longer so people couldn't cast teleport, run around the corner so they aren't attacked, then run back just before the spell casts. This makes it REALLY hard to defend. I liked it much more how it was on XUO because this also made it harder for the attackers.

2) From what I can see when you die there's a long delay before you are automatically ressed so people have a chance to revive you. This is great and something we really wanted back on XUO, but I find the timer is too long. I think it should be reduced to like 10 seconds so you can get back in the fight faster. Or, once you leave the enemy's half you are automatically ressed and start back on your half.

3) Hiding. Why can't we hide? This was an awesome part of the CTF on XUO that I really miss. Was great for defending and also sneaking into the other base if people don't think to use detect hidden. Brings another challenge to the game too!

And don't anyone come and tell me this is INX now and not XUO so it doesn't have to be the same. I'm trying to make this event more fun, faster, and more challenging for those of us who like it and I want to see what other people think.

1. Meh, I dunno, I think its fine.
2. Agree.
3. Agree.
4. lol

I agree actually we should be able to use hiding, and persoanlly i like the ctf on xuo better than this one. I mean don't get me wrong it's nice but more decoration just creates more lag and it's harder to play when there are tons of people. (decos prolly not causing lag and delay to res people but i've noticed it also)

Thats correct the deco is all static so its not causing any lag. Why hiding enabled? i really dont see the point in it but i might be wrong in my mind its hard to kill as it is right now so i dont think we need hiding anyway. Yes maybe the ress time is alittle bit to long i can agree on that. And hall way is fine and static so no change need Big Grin

Ginz Wrote:Thats correct the deco is all static so its not causing any lag. Why hiding enabled? i really dont see the point in it but i might be wrong in my mind its hard to kill as it is right now so i dont think we need hiding anyway. Yes maybe the ress time is alittle bit to long i can agree on that. And hall way is fine and static so no change need Big Grin

I dunno I like the hiding idea a lot. I think it would open up some good possibilities midfield for ambush tactics. When going for the flag it could be interesting, a very good stealther might be able to make it into the flag room unnoticed if the defense were lax in detecting. Although the flag carrier shouldn't be able to hide, it might be a good tactic to hide a few defenders so the attacking force was unaware of real number of defenders etc.

Jiraiya Wrote:I dunno I like the hiding idea a lot. I think it would open up some good possibilities midfield for ambush tactics. When going for the flag it could be interesting, a very good stealther might be able to make it into the flag room unnoticed if the defense were lax in detecting. Although the flag carrier shouldn't be able to hide, it might be a good tactic to hide a few defenders so the attacking force was unaware of real number of defenders etc.

Those are exactly some of the reasons why I think it should be there.

-Defenders have to pay attention to people who might be using stealth.
-Defenders can hide in different areas for an ambush.
-Attackers can sneak through areas where there might be unhidden defenders.
-It gives a reason to macro these skills because I don't see where else they can be used if not in events like this.

I do however think the flag holder should be able to hide, since he might be waiting for his buddies to get his flag back. So the blue guy with the red flag can stay hidden at his blue flag incase red people are in his base looking for the guy with their flag. Makes it more challenging!!

Ginz Wrote:And hall way is fine and static so no change need

Defenders should naturally have an advantage over attackers and thats why I don't like the short hallway. Plus all the little pillars in the base area, really hard to have line of sight on someone for 2 seconds. And it's not 'no change needed' it's 'no change possible' :confused:

we would need to have defenders in order to use that because my team just goes with the flow usually o.o

Your team's fault for not planning then. And the last CTF I tried getting some people to defend and others to attack but that obviously didn't work

Ginz Wrote:Thats correct the deco is all static so its not causing any lag. Why hiding enabled? i really dont see the point in it but i might be wrong in my mind its hard to kill as it is right now so i dont think we need hiding anyway. Yes maybe the ress time is alittle bit to long i can agree on that. And hall way is fine and static so no change need Big Grin

I wouldnt mind if hiding was enabled.. people culd be hiding in middle and wait to ambush the flag carrier as an example but as for the res timer dont make it too short.. What if ppl are killing you at your own base but u just get ressed with full mana etc too fast.. would be unfair for the other team.. I think its good the way it is.

MadMan Wrote:...as for the res timer dont make it too short.. What if ppl are killing you at your own base but u just get ressed with full mana etc too fast.. would be unfair for the other team.. I think its good the way it is.

That's the thing, it would be nice to see it reduced but not too low or set to instant. I love the fact we have some time to ress our team mates, but I hate when you make it all the way to the enemy base, get killed and you have no team mates around to res you so you're stuck doing nothing for what feels like 30 seconds. I'd much prefer like a 10 second timer so I can get back to fighting sooner, but people still have a chance to res me.

I think the respawn timer is perfect honestly. It allows for the people who just dropped you to get full mana to drop you again:p The fact is when you die, thats a loss and you take a penalty for that. If you almost instantly respawn then it kind of makes you less cautious about staying alive. On top of that, it takes more then 10 seconds to get from one side to another, so a player who is on one side and is needed on another could just kill themselves and in 10 seconds they would be there to help... that kind of makes it unfair for the team about to score. At least this is what I think.

As for hiding/stealth... well I do agree a bit with this. However, when you are talking about 5v5 or so I think it would be way too easy to score. Well unless having the flag disables hiding for the person holding it. Of course if we were talking like 15v15 then hiding would be a great tactic but I haven't seen a CTF that big in like 6 months. If the CTFs get bigger then I agree that this should be added but right now I think it would just make games end faster.

When you're the dead guy waiting 30 seconds to come back to life, you're pissed, you want to come back to life right away, and you want that timer to speed up, especially when you're far away from someone who would res you.

A fast respawn makes me less cautious about staying alive? Are you kidding me? It's hard to be cautious when you're going for the flag and get fsed by 4 people at the same time. And besides, we're already being careful cause we want to get that flag. We have enough motivation to stay alive.

I have no idea who would suicide to get back to their base faster. I've never seen someone do that in all the years we played CTF on XUO.

It's hard enough telling people you 3 attack and others defend. You think you'll be able to tell someone to suicide to come back and help? Besides, if you're away from base there's probably a reason: you're going for the flag so you don't want to suicide and go back to yours without out!

5v5 or 15v15 it adds an extra (good) challenge to the game unlike being on the sidelines for 30 seconds doing nothing other then getting frustrated. I don't see a GOOD reason that the flag bearer shouldn't be allowed to hide. Again, if you know that someone can hide you use detecting hidden. If you don't then that's your fault.