Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Could not Connect

When I leave my computer on overnight (from about 11pm to 6am EST/GMT-5) to macro a skill every morning when I check on UO there's a text box in UO saying "Could not Connect" so from whatever point this happens until I wake up, I lose this time macroing. It's happened EVERY night this week.

I also left UO going for 2 days (6am to 5pm EST/GMT-5) and didn't get this problem. Is the server restarting at some point at night making me log out?

I thought it might be my antivirus killing UO at night, but scan times are set for once a week (Monday at 5pm) and I'm never home at that time so really it never happens. And it's not Windows Updates because this is set to ask me before downloading or installing anything.

It can't be any power saving options on my computer otherwise it would happen during the day too.

Tonight I was macroing blacksmithy and I got this box around 12:30am EST/GMT-5 (just after midnight, not middle of the day).

Any thoughts guys?

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]your sure your internet dont go down for xx seconds/minutes every now and then during the night? =)

Ask your provider if they have seen any failures[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

I don't think it's something on their end since nothing else connected to the net crashes, like MSN which should lose the connection. Also, my internet connection is at 2+ days, so if I lost the connection that would get reset, like when you turn the computer on and off.

I'm also using the largest internet provider in Quebec (and maybe the largest in all of Canada) so I doubt they have a problem Smile

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]msn is no prof tough as it reconnects Smile
I have not had this issue, And the message you are talking about is the lost connection message.
Even good stable connections could loose the connection to your base station or from the base station to your home for a while (during upgrades) or balancing issues, at that station. I myself am using the second biggest in sweden. Eventough friends with the same provider have no issues i had lots of issues as the base station (that provided "my" community) had issues. i noticed this by staying up one night and bam crashed from WOW and then i tried to access a webpage and ping google nothing worked - then a few seconds later everything was back to normal.

If you are behind a router your net-uptime will always show 100% as it counts the uptime from your computer to your own router. What you then need to see is your routers logs if it have lost connection.

Anyone else here who are having the same issue as eighty?[/COLOR]

holding hands <3

Yes MSN does reconnect, but it takes like 30 seconds and I was talking with someone at that time and it never closed or told me I was offline.

So I take it then that there is no daily restart of the server? I know 2 XUO's ago (under Strife and not Maka) there was one everyday at midnight server time.

No, we have one restart a week, for bugfixes and implementing new stuff. That take place on Sundays around 9 PM servertime. 21:00 CET

holding hands <3

Its most likely when your PC goes into standby mate. Thats what it was for me. Do a test, go to your screensaver settings, set it to turn on after 1 minute and check the box that says "On resume password protect". Then start your uo macro and see if it breaks the connection after a few mins. If its not that, it could possibly have to do with the item drag bug thingy, since your doing bs I'm assuming there are some item moves in your script. Sometimes if you try to drag items too quickly it causes a disconnect. Go to advanced options tab in razor and set item delay to 700.

Thanks for the suggestions Jiraiya, but it's not power saving or standby options since it only happens if I leave the PC on over night. If I go to work and leave it on during the day the same thing doesn't happen.

By the way, standby and hibernate modes are disabled on my PC. The only power saving option is to turn my monitor off after 20 minutes.

I also disabled auto queue in Razor so I don't think it has to do with this delay but I just changed it now anyways.

I'll be up past midnight tonight so I'll see if it happens again tonight around the same time as last night.

Thanks to Odium too!

Wow what do you know... tonight around 12:25 I got that could not connect window again! MSN also disconnected and another online game I had open as a test also disconnected! Looks like I'll be calling my ISP soon...

Thanks guys

looks like i was correct Smile

holding hands <3

depends on your macro delay if it goes to fast it will crash you, or if it's doing too much of something in a certain ammount of time it will crash you. i had to fix my macro and it worked i didn't crash anymore

Smoke if it was macro related it would happen more then only at 12:30 at night.