Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

*RESOLVED* Moving Items too Fast=Crash

Hey all, Taran asked me to post something about the looting issues, so I figured I would do as I'm told :whipping:

I'm sure everyone is familiar with what happens when you loot a corpse too fast: you get the "you must wait to perform another action" que and then crash. There is a "cooldown" on looting, I believe it's set to 500ms, to keep auto looters at bay. In reality, this whole 500ms cooldown for looting is MESSED UP. I personally am a really fast looter, been playing this game forever and it's second nature for me to dry loot a corpse in seconds flat. The only problem is, because I loot so fast, I crash almost every time I'm looting anything; whether it be a player, monster, treasure, moving items in my bank... You name it.

I could *maybe* understand having the cooldown, but definitely not if it crashes you. If it were to just make it so you could only loot so fast, that is one thing. The crashing though, has got to go. In my opinion I'd say just take the whole damned item-moving-cooldown right out. It causes more problems than it prevents.

-Bibi

I'll take a look at it.

The crashing issue is client based though, if you try to drag something in a container which you can't move, then your client will crash. The script just prevents you from looting, which means your client will crash.
But maybe we could get rid of that check.

Yes I've noticed that when you try to move something in a corpse that you can't "see" (no los) you will crash, but there is also some sort of cooldown to prevent auto-looting or looting too fast. Keep us posted cause I miss being GM looter Big Grin

I disabled the code, unless there's another check somewhere you shouldn't crash anymore.

Let me know if it worked after next server restart.

I noticed that I'm still crashing from looting too fast with the message "you must wait to perform another action"

I'm pretty sure I was able to fix the crashing issue when dragging non-movable stuff in a container this time.
I also lowered the delay between dragging object from 500ms to 400ms. I don't think I want to have it lower due to auto-looters.

Server will be restarted in about an hour (12pm server time)

sorry i didn't check here before i posted earlier, glad you fixed it! tried my best to crash myself and couldn't.