Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

*RESOLVED* Dagger bug.

Shade, daggers are bugged, I bought 10 daggers and they all stacked in my backpack. It doesn't work to split them and when I try to equip it it says that I can only equip one weapon at a time.

- Ziggy

Is this when double-clicking to equip or drag/dropping onto your paperdoll? You could try selling all but one to a vendor.

What we really should do is increase dagger materials to 4 ingots, then add a less commonly used item as the new 3-ingot item.

Eru Wrote:Is this when double-clicking to equip or drag/dropping onto your paperdoll?
I think it did it when I did both those alternatives.

Eru Wrote:You could try selling all but one to a vendor.
I did that and it worked, but I still figured I'd let you know so that you could fix it instead Smile

Taran mentioned before that it was suppose to be this way tho, to fix another bug with daggers, but he still said that they shouldn't stack when you buy them from vendors tho, so there's at least something that needs fixing Smile

Well, daggers were originally made stackable because people would make 10,000 daggers overnight and just let them fall. We put in some decay stuff to make them not stack above X amount in a single spot, but then people started using organizer agents, so you'd have bags of 255 bags of 255 daggers each sitting around. That by itself is 65K items that the shard would have to save. Making them stackable takes 60K daggers down to 1 item.

Since then though, there have been lots of problems with daggers stacking and causing problems, losing their exceptional mark, etc. I like my idea I mentioned above where we change the main craftable item to something unused that stacks normally.

I rather just make them not stack Tongue

Using a decent macro you can just sell or smelt as you craft and I really see no reason to stack them.

Shade Wrote:I rather just make them not stack Tongue
Using a decent macro you can just sell or smelt as you craft and I really see no reason to stack them.
>Implying that *ANYONE* will use that macro. Maybe one person will. If we put bankers and blacksmiths at every anvil, maybe half will.

They never stacked by default though so I don't see why they need to.

Out of the few that have worked on smithy, only one person has banked them in large quantities. On inx nobody really ever banked them either or the original issue would have been brought up there. It is just more efficient to sell or smelt while you craft instead of having a macro that moves even more stuff around.

Why do you need a blacksmith npc to smelt Tongue