Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Brain Storm - Get More People Playing

Post all your ideas here that you think will get people on INX because it's fun to do or will make that annoying part of INX more fun! This can be quest ideas, features you want to see ingame, changes, etc. Anything that you think will get more people on INX!

=========================================

-Make a "for fun" pvp area where you can't be looted. Limit the time in this area to x hours so people don't abuse, or under x skills like the training grounds. This will also serve as a good place for people who want to try out pvp but are scarred to lose their stuff.

-Make a giant quest that's a war between two countries or factions and you have to choose a side. Players work with each other to fight the mobs and players on the other side. Killing a mob is say 2 pts, a player on the other side is 10 pts. Killing the general is 50 pts, a lieutenant is 20. Some thoughts for this: Each side has a 'general' who can direct monsters where to go, or promote a few lieutenants and they can control 1 monster each. Each player has a certain role, like if there are 10 people per team only 2 can heal, only 2 can cast offensive spells, only 2 can cast defensive spells, others can only use combats, etc.

This quest can be revisited, and the team that wins the fastest earns a trophy in pits with their names on it and every player on the winning side gets a smaller version of the trophy to put on display in their house. The smaller trophies would only have a 1 line message like "War veteran" or "Evil triumphed in the great war" If your time gets beat you lose your trophy and the one in pits gets renamed. This will encourage people to keep coming back so they can keep their trophy.

-Set up a hunter lounge where you can go and talk with other PVMers or find someone else to PVM with if you don't want to go on your own. Before leaving you agree to an alliance with the person and can't kill or loot each other.

In this lounge there could also be a score board keeping track of the kill count for every team. This score board would work off total points, each monster is worth a certain amount. Like a skeleton is 1 pt, extreme skeleton 5pts, dragon 5 pts, extreme dragon 25 pts, etc. At the end of every week or every month the winners get a small trophy saying something like "March's best PVM duo" or bonus cash for winning the contest.

That's all I have for now and I hope this will get other people thinking and posting their ideas as well!

Quote:-Make a "for fun" pvp area where you can't be looted. Limit the time in this area to x hours so people don't abuse, or under x skills like the training grounds. This will also serve as a good place for people who want to try out pvp but are scarred to lose their stuff.

yea seriously cuz i got no gold on my account to even buy regs lol (hopefully u was talking about an auto supply 1vs1 duel area.)

Eighty Swords Wrote:-Make a "for fun" pvp area where you can't be looted. Limit the time in this area to x hours so people don't abuse, or under x skills like the training grounds. This will also serve as a good place for people who want to try out pvp but are scarred to lose their stuff.

Already in game, its called deathmatch. It was on a 4 hour timer for a while, so every 4 hours it opened up for people to join and play. I hope they start it again though.

Eighty Swords Wrote:-Make a giant quest that's a war between two countries or factions and you have to choose a side. Players work with each other to fight the mobs and players on the other side. Killing a mob is say 2 pts, a player on the other side is 10 pts. Killing the general is 50 pts, a lieutenant is 20. Some thoughts for this: Each side has a 'general' who can direct monsters where to go, or promote a few lieutenants and they can control 1 monster each. Each player has a certain role, like if there are 10 people per team only 2 can heal, only 2 can cast offensive spells, only 2 can cast defensive spells, others can only use combats, etc.

This quest can be revisited, and the team that wins the fastest earns a trophy in pits with their names on it and every player on the winning side gets a smaller version of the trophy to put on display in their house. The smaller trophies would only have a 1 line message like "War veteran" or "Evil triumphed in the great war" If your time gets beat you lose your trophy and the one in pits gets renamed. This will encourage people to keep coming back so they can keep their trophy.

Sounds cool, but it sounds like a cross between savage and color wars. Might be a little too complicated though with assigning people roles and such, I think people would be very confused. Would be pretty sick though as a monthly event.

Eighty Swords Wrote:-Set up a hunter lounge where you can go and talk with other PVMers or find someone else to PVM with if you don't want to go on your own. Before leaving you agree to an alliance with the person and can't kill or loot each other.

In this lounge there could also be a score board keeping track of the kill count for every team. This score board would work off total points, each monster is worth a certain amount. Like a skeleton is 1 pt, extreme skeleton 5pts, dragon 5 pts, extreme dragon 25 pts, etc. At the end of every week or every month the winners get a small trophy saying something like "March's best PVM duo" or bonus cash for winning the contest.

Dib's on Rabbi. WOOT THIS IS IN ZE BAG Big Grin

Naw I kid, I like this idea, assign monsters value based on str or whatever and keep a monthly leaderboard.

Just to let know all new players. If you are new, you can go talk to few ppl like Jiraiya, Rabbi, Me (Hiroshima) or some others and Im pretty sure they can give you some things to start.

And ppl who need places to macro, I have a big house totally empty i can lend to all new players. Msg me ingame. Or pm me in forums

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Do what i do, when i see ppl in Msn that used to play. I talk to them and convince them to get in. Or ppl that played UO in general, not INX. I tell them i will give them house to macro, that they have 3 free skills and many cool shits. Ive got some in already Smile!!

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

imo what we need is more active staff encouraging players to be more active, for example say before time that you're going to host, then if you feel like hosting more after tell them to go gank abit and there will be another tour shortly (an hour or so) and then tell them to go back to ganking or to the duel stones. This would be a great combo imo

Gank/Tour/Gank/Tour/duels or gank

Not everyone enjoy just ganking and tours Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Kepi Wrote:Not everyone enjoy just ganking and tours Wink!

that's the thing they don't all have to be just pvp they can host mosters with pvp/pvm with statue and goods where you can only get in that monsters and not anywhere else in the world. That way the people who like pvp get pvp and the people who like the rp items have a chance at looting and killing a great monster and getting some cool loot.

Smoke's posts reminds me of a cool event we had 2 XUO's ago, yankovic hosted it a lot. I think it was called LOD (Lair of Death) or something close to that.

It took place in a custom made area where several waves of monsters spawn (increasing difficulty) and then a final boss spawned in the middle by a 3 storey tower so you could go and bank your drops here and also to heal up. The boss had some nice drops on him and dropped like 50k-100k of gold spread all around him in piles of about 500gp.

There were 2 or 3 different sets of guys that could come; 1 was arachnids and those dudes, another was lizards, and I don't remember the other sets but it was really fun and sometimes took like 2 hours to get to the final boss. Also, once it was started I dont think the staff had to baby sit it because it was mostly automated.

It was a great event because there was no PVP here and everyone was working to kill the waves of monsters because everyone wanted to get to the boss for the big payoff!

Luda Krishna Wrote:yea seriously cuz i got no gold on my account to even buy regs lol (hopefully u was talking about an auto supply 1vs1 duel area.)

Ye something like that but not always 1v1, if you wanted you could do like 2v2, 3v3, 3v2 etc.

Jiraiya Wrote:Already in game, its called deathmatch. It was on a 4 hour timer for a while, so every 4 hours it opened up for people to join and play. I hope they start it again though.

I was thinking more along an area that you go to whenever you want, not an event.

Keep the ideas coming guys, maybe the staff want to give some input? Anything you guys have secretly been planning and want to gain some attention for? Smile

Eighty Swords Wrote:It took place in a custom made area where several waves of monsters spawn (increasing difficulty) and then a final boss spawned in the middle by a 3 storey tower so you could go and bank your drops here and also to heal up. The boss had some nice drops on him and dropped like 50k-100k of gold spread all around him in piles of about 500gp.
There were 2 or 3 different sets of guys that could come; 1 was arachnids and those dudes, another was lizards, and I don't remember the other sets but it was really fun and sometimes took like 2 hours to get to the final boss. Also, once it was started I dont think the staff had to baby sit it because it was mostly automated.

Its called monsterbash here. For like 2 months it was the only event hosted. Sad

Eighty Swords Wrote:I was thinking more along an area that you go to whenever you want, not an event.

I'd probably be for making 1 town of the game perma DM town like that. But there was some pretty good arguments against it if I remember right. Mainly centered around PvP not being free to participate in all the time. Skillcaps dont really work here, that just severely limits the amount of players because of how easily you can buy 2k worth of skills the first 10 minutes of play. Thats how the deathmatch auto opening every 4 hours came about, everyone gets a chance to participate no matter their timezone, and its not perma free pvp. Same sort of deal as the free duel box area, opens up only once in a while to give players a place to practice.

Since i came back, there are no monster bashes hosted.

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

And i love those Sad!!!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.