Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

reduce weights please please please

Rabbi Samild Wrote:Shoulda called myself Rambo Samild.

LOL Big Grin
If only they allowed name changes. That'd be an awesome alter ego. I can see the jokes now, okay a Rabbi, Rambo, and a llama walk into a bar.

Btw have you ever killed the dark guard? Has anyone? I think I heard warmachine did it through an exploit of some sort back in the day?

Kepi Wrote:But, you cant afk mining, so you will see the guy trying to kill you or your ride.!
Jaaa!!
Caught you afk miner Wink!

Well if I am an AFK miner and I get past the anti afk macro, then there's nothing wrong with it now is there? Smile As far as UO is concerned I'm a good little boy hahaha.

The reason I'm against pack animals is because a red is red because he wants to be, so he doesn't care if he kills my blue pack animal. It's not like he's losing the ability to go somewhere (blue towns) when he doesn't want to go there. And not every mine is like Minoc and guarded or 20 steps between guard lines.

Yes I could polymorph into a dragon or I could recall between areas to avoid the reds, but that means I have to carry regs and have less space for ore. About polymorphing into a dragon; if I turn into one and can now carry say 1000 stones, when the time is up do I drop everything over 440 stones? Because if I miss the recast by just 1 second and drop it all that really defeats the point.

The quest idea is great, but miners want to mine. They don't want to spend time going to kill a monster for a bit more strength. And the problem with giving more strength is that you get more HP, and it was agreed to have max stats of 100/100/100. Besides, how much more strength are we talking here? Another 10 points? That's only about another 10 ore or 30 ingots I'd say.

I'm just looking to be able to carry more weight when resource gathering, not at all times. How much gear or regs do you need other then when you're in a tour? Not that much and you don't have to recall every 5 minutes to restock when hunting.

Yeah, a day back then there was a way to kill wrong guardian in less than 1min, warma was going to blue town, opening gate delucia and casting harm on some vendor in that guarded town, so when guards showed up he just went through gate and died in delucia, and he brough like 6-7 guards like that. After it he gated wrong guardian to delucia also, casted explosion or something, not sure how he provoked guards to attack him, but he was dying pretty quick;p And bodies of wrong guardian/guards didnt decay after they die/kill not in guard zone(I think it was fixed now). That way we had lots of those mythril/verite longswords. I still have some of em.. Altho he killed wrong guardian like 50 times, max what he got from him was +15 vanq ba;p
There also was other way to kill WG, like 50x slower than warma's way , but it was guaranteed that u won't die. U was gating him inside some building in unguarded town, then run outside and cast EQ;P Ofcourse he can't harm you through the wall, but alone it was taking about 20-25mins to kill him even with eq scrolls^^ And his loot was sooo junk... It just didnt worth killing him, those days mobs in deceit were so brilliantSmile

Rabbi Samild Wrote:No monster takes a team of 3-4 when Rabbi is around Wink.

Shoulda called myself Rambo Samild.

Rambo Norris Samild

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Eighty Swords Wrote:Yes I could polymorph into a dragon or I could recall between areas to avoid the reds, but that means I have to carry regs and have less space for ore. About polymorphing into a dragon; if I turn into one and can now carry say 1000 stones, when the time is up do I drop everything over 440 stones? Because if I miss the recast by just 1 second and drop it all that really defeats the point.

When you get back to normal form, things stay with you , they dont drop, you just cant walk and the NEW incoming ores gonna drop if you continues mining.

Eighty Swords Wrote:The quest idea is great, but miners want to mine. They don't want to spend time going to kill a monster for a bit more strength. And the problem with giving more strength is that you get more HP, and it was agreed to have max stats of 100/100/100. Besides, how much more strength are we talking here? Another 10 points? That's only about another 10 ore or 30 ingots I'd say.

I dont think you need to add str to be able to carry more weight I think GM can improve your max weight without needing to add more str. Or I'm Wrong?

Eighty Swords Wrote:I'm just looking to be able to carry more weight when resource gathering, not at all times. How much gear or regs do you need other then when you're in a tour? Not that much and you don't have to recall every 5 minutes to restock when hunting.

Maybe you dont need to restock every 5 min when hunting , but you have the risk of someone come and kill you getting ALL you have (armor, regs, scrolls, wepons, your hunted money), but when you are mining and someone comes and kill you, what you lost? a pickaxe and a bunch of ores ¬¬.

Also I have a EUO macro that mine, smelt, mine,smelt till you get in max of weight with just smelted ore, so recall to a bank and stock your things. 60 each recall reg dont add that much of weight at you. and you can go to bank 30 times with it. If you need 10 min to fill your pack its 300min (5hrs) of mining.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!

I remember someone giving an idea about weight issue, there could be craftable side backpacks, like pockets for you to store items. There could be 3 side backpacks, 1 can hold 50 stones, another one 100 stones, and the last one 150 or 200 stones. Make them kinda difficult to craft. (Samild will craft like 100 of courseWink) But yea, i heard something like that before.

[Image: 2cn76h2.gif] [Image: avatar20124_12.gif] If you liked my posted, dont forget to thank me Wink!

Best Regards,
Hiroshima.

Ryuuku Wrote:When you get back to normal form, things stay with you , they dont drop, you just cant walk and the NEW incoming ores gonna drop if you continues mining.

Good to know but I still don't think you should have to polymorph just to carry some more ore.

Ryuuku Wrote:I dont think you need to add str to be able to carry more weight I think GM can improve your max weight without needing to add more str. Or I'm Wrong?

I can't say if it's definite or not, but I think that's the way it works. 1 STR = 1 HP and 1 STR = X Weight

Ryuuku Wrote:Maybe you dont need to restock every 5 min when hunting , but you have the risk of someone come and kill you getting ALL you have (armor, regs, scrolls, wepons, your hunted money), but when you are mining and someone comes and kill you, what you lost? a pickaxe and a bunch of ores ¬¬.

Well that's your choice to make; how often you go back to deposit your earnings. If we had higher weight limits I'd have to make that decision too; when traveling between guarded areas or mine and guarded town I run the risk of losing my ore. Imagine you finally get 100 mining, pull up a few adamantium ingots and BAM you're killed! That was the risk you made to stay out that long.

Ryuuku Wrote:Also I have a EUO macro that mine, smelt, mine,smelt till you get in max of weight with just smelted ore, so recall to a bank and stock your things. 60 each recall reg dont add that much of weight at you. and you can go to bank 30 times with it. If you need 10 min to fill your pack its 300min (5hrs) of mining.

Great, care to share the EUO macro? Smile Yes or no this is the whole part I'm trying to avoid and not do as often. The fact I gotta do this tedious task of mining for a long time and its made even longer by having to run back and forth, or buy regs to teleport back and forth. Not all of us have huge stockpiles of regs to just grab a bunch at a time. So add to the time it takes me to mine the time it will take me to run around and spend my few gp on regs. By the way, 180 regs = 18 stones = 12 less ore at a time or 18 less ingots at a time.

Kepi Wrote:I remember someone giving an idea about weight issue, there could be craftable side backpacks, like pockets for you to store items. There could be 3 side backpacks, 1 can hold 50 stones, another one 100 stones, and the last one 150 or 200 stones. Make them kinda difficult to craft. (Samild will craft like 100 of course) But yea, i heard something like that before.

Honestly, the miners I know and myself don't want to have to go out of their way to carry more, we just want a quick dirty solution we don't have to repeat every 2 minutes (polymorph) or reduce our amount of town trips.

To help convince some people who pray on miners, imagine a RED camping outside the mine (if it's a guarded mine) or in the mine... He might wait longer for you to get more ressources and all the more payoff for him since you can carry more now Smile

In the end I'm looking for the easiest way for the devs to help us all out here. Changing a 1 to .1 is a lot easier then designing some new item and setting up the crafting tables for it (chances to make it at certain skill levels) or for adding another line or menu to the existing gumps, etc.

I really like that idea of a craftable pack type item, sorta like how wow does backpacks that increase carry capacity (ala onyxia bag). Or a gem/jewelery type item, whatever works. Non newbied craftable items always help the economy, I'm sure a lot of people would buy stuff like that for a 20% increase in carry capacity or whatever.

hm it would be possible to add a special bag or box that reduces the weight of its content.

If it was added should it only allow certain items added to it? That way it might only be for resource gathering. Just a thought.

How much (in game) would this item be worth to everyone? 50k for a box or bag that lets you carry, lets say, 5x more ingots or logs?

How much do you guys think it should hold? Maybe it should reduce weight by 50%, 75%, or 90%... If it reduces it too drastically though it might only end up for resource gathering...

Just some thoughts about this to get some additional feedback.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]it should be diffrent bags for diffrent proffs.
like in wow Smile

ie, "miner bag" to carry ingots/ores - "lumberjack bag" to carry logs/planks - "fishermans bag" to carry fish/steaks

The bags should not work on everything that would make the point of weight useless, also there should not be one for every proffesion. example alchemy inscription etc should not have any bags. only gathering proffesions and maybe not even all of them.

also 10-30% less weight is more than enough in my eyes.[/COLOR]

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3

50k for 5x more resource is awsome.

Also maybe do like Resource Pack and War Pack

Resource to put Resource ¬¬... ingots, logs also I think some itens used just for train shafts, blank scrolls.

And the War to hold Armors, Bolts/Arrows, Potions..

Bah I think the second ideia dosnt that good, need a true pvper to come and say what add more weight in his pack.

Or Just make one too reduce the weight of everything that inside it , but with a iten limit.

EDIT: Odium posted just after I clicked on reply.... So.... He got good ideia I thinked about the bag for diferent proffessions, but at end its just two real professions to get resources (mining/lumberjac) so I dont see problem in do one for both.
Also his rates are good 30% less weight.

Cut weight in half at least on ore and ingots and that really helps. While some people might find it a cool idea to have a quest or item so you can carry more, and while it's nice to have some quests to earn stuff, I'd hate to think every addition will be in the form of a quest or craftable Sad

If it's a craftable my guess is it will have a special ingredient list that you have to follow a series of quest steps to collect it all or to find out what it is. Not everyone wants to do this kinda thing and not everyone can run around the world following the quest hints because they are brand new to the shard and don't know their hand from their foot.

I'm also gonna guess that it will take multiple high level skills to make the item (provided it's a craftable), again giving the advantage to people who have been around long enough to train the skills and more catch up to be done by the newer players.

If it takes even 1 GM crafting skill to make, thats just as much an advantage to players who have been around and not the new players who need it most to train their low level skills.

Please just make this a small tweak in the next update and not some long drawn out thing.

I just came back to UO after almost 2 years of not playing... I got a lot of stuff to catch up on and adding something else to my list of things to do so my time on UO is a little more enjoyable is not something I'm looking forward to. And I got skill transfers from XUO! Imagine a new guy who comes here from a new shard! He's so far behind just to train his skills as it is.