Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Search for the Vikings

*Walking up to the barmaid* Excuse me Madame, maybe you could help me... I'm looking for a group of fellows that often keep to themselves, save the dark elf I hear they took in many months ago. I think they were known to outsiders as Vikings.

*The barmaid replies she hasn't as she blushes deeply*

No you say? Would it help if I said they sometimes speak a language unknown to others, something Nordic, what was it called again?

"Mhmm" she replies.

So you have have heard of them then? ...pause...

As the barmaid begins falling forward without acting to brace herself, Don Tazione realizes something happened to her and quickly reaches out to catch her. He gently lays her on the ground and sees a needle so small it would be almost undetectable if it weren't for his special training. He places two fingers on the left side of her neck and slowly starts counting... 1...2...3...4...5... With a sudden look of terror he quickly lays her flat on the stone cold floor and tilts her head back, pinches her nose and starts kissing her. Or so that strange old man in the dark cloak thinks. After 'kissing' her for a few seconds he puts his two hands together and starts pushing on her, just below her bosom. He repeats this a few times and the barmaid begins vehemently coughing. In a dazed state she looks at Don Tazione and says 'what happened?'

Indeed, what happened? What were you doing to her and why did she faint like that?

Don Tazione slowly rises helping the dazed barmaid to her feet. As he does so he reaches behind her neck and carefully removes the small needle to try and minimize the mark left behind. Instead of tossing the needle to the floor he instead holds it between two fingers so as to conceal it. When he feels confident that the barmaid can stand on her own two feet again, he slowly extends out his right arm to greet this man in lavish clothing. When he sees this mans eyes focus on his outstretched hand he casually slides his left arm behind him and reaches under his louse shirt and grasps the handle of one of the few possessions he brought with him to this land; the small dagger he's used to train in hand to hand combat since he was a small boy.

After holding out his hand for a few seconds and realizing this man has no intention of returning the respect showed him, Don Tazione begins to wonder if this man saw what he did with the small needle and laughs to himself at the thought.

"Hello Sire, as I was heading to that table along the back wall, I saw this lovely lady fall so I in turn helped her to her feet". Turning to the barmaid he says, "are you alright my Lady?", she answers with a slow "yes, thank you" and another blush, even deeper then before. Don Tazione gives a small bow as customary in his land upon receiving thanks.

"Excuse me Sire, but I'd like to order my drink now. You're welcome to join me if you'd care to" Don Tazione says as he turns to head to his table, "I'm always open for interesting conversation" he continues. The man doesn't answer him but just continues staring at him with piercing eyes.

Don Tazione tries to take a step and feels himself move forward but after a brief second he finds himself on the same cold stone tile. At this newest of surprises he turns his eyes, the only body part he could move, towards the barmaid who he was beginning to take a liking of his own to and raises an eyebrow in a puzzling look as if asking 'what's this'? Remembering another valuable lesson from his fathers long time friend, Don Tazione slows his breathing in an attempt to in turn slow the poison flowing through his veins. After a minute or two of not being able to move or speak, he realizes it's not poison or some kind of paralysis and turns his eyes to this lavish man he now notices a faint glow around, almost like an aura of the Gods of old he once revered.

so... about these vikings and the dark elf.. what business you got with them, eh? :evil:

- regards, Fable

What? Who's talking to me? Where are you? Can't you see I'm frozen in place friend? And don't try no funny business now that I tell you that, I don't quickly forget a voice. Why don't you come in front of me so I can get a good look at you. Someone's pulling some kind of witchery on me and I'm not too keen on it I can tell you that. Wait 'til I find out who's gone and done this. Well we'll see what they can do with a knife stuck between two of their ribs. Haha.

i am the darkelf you're talking about, so why do you wish to speak with me?

- regards, Fable

"Ah well now that you're standing in front of me I can see that Sir". Pause. "I can call you that, yes"?

Don Tazione looks at Fable with intensely focused and dark piercing eyes for a few seconds studying the dark elf's posture, muscle mass and tone. Don Tazione attempts to clear his mind and enters a deep trance as his mentor once taught him to do and in mere seconds he has a clear picture of what this dark elf create is capable of. How much weight he can raise in a single hoist, how far he can run in an hour, how long it would take him to run from the western bridge entering Britannia to the sandy beaches to the east at a full run, and most importantly the reach of Fable's arm with a dagger and how fast he could swing it into an opponents chest and pull it back for a devastating blow.

"Do you think you could help a friend and find out what's gotten me frozen here? Maybe you can work some of this mag...mag... what's it called again? Oh yes now I remember, maybe you can work some of this magic I have been hearing of since my arrival here? I have important matters to discuss with you and I hardly think a tavern full of eavesdropping people is the appropriate place for such matters."

i could try and help you. but what do i get back for it?..
meet up with me and i'll see what i can do for you.

- regards, Fable

A week later Don Tazione finds himself back in the bar where he saved someone's life and was almost accused of assaulting her, and he also found one of the people he was looking for. Now it was time for his work to begin. Sitting at a small table at a back corner of the bar away from where everyone else is focusing their attention; on two dancing light haired beautiful women, Don Tazione is waiting for his guest to return and drinking a deep red wine which reminds him of the grapes he grew in his vineyard back home.

After waiting for some time, Don Tazione notices a tall person in a cloak with the hood drawn low over their eyes enter the bar. Even through the cloak Don Tazione recognizes it is the dark elf he was waiting for. He waits for the strange creature to sit at the bar and finish a drink or two before he approaches.

"Hello my friend," Don Tazione says with his arms open wide as if to embrace an old friend and to show he presents no threat. "I believe we have some business to discuss. Care to come with me?"

Hello. yes, i believe we have some things to talk about. so tell me now. what is that you want, and what can i help you with? im listening
fable sat down and joined the man with a few drinks

- regards, Fable