Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some stuff players want

I've been talkin to other players in game a lot the last few days and theres a couple things it seems like everyone wants added, but are not terribly difficult to put in and wouldnt effect gameplay balance at all.

1. More armors/igs of some classic xuo or IN colors. The selection now is very limited and you really get bored of the same armors as a player, variety is always good and adding new cool armors doesn't effect pvp any or from what I can tell take away anything from the IN side of the server. From what people tell me IN had some really cool armors. Our current lineup is just lacking it feels like, plus if you're adding in new leather/scale armors for tailors why not take the opportunity to give the players more plate types as well.

I know a few of the staff feel like its fine as is, and maybe they are right, it is ok just now. But if you can make it better by adding 5-10 more colors whats the harm seriously? And I might be wrong about this but isn't this quite simple to do? As in not nearly as time consuming as some other stuff.

2. Add more of the ML housing and clothing. I know a lot of people want to preserve the sphere style and keep everything oldschool, but even oldschool players like a bit of something new. Adding the japanese housing and clothing doesnt effect pvp any, and its as simple as turning it on isnt it? The clothing could be something else that tailors have to quest for to get the recipe's. Would help fill out the skill as more then just a tub.

I'd be interested in hearing reasons why this shouldn't be done, I mean maybe theres something drastic I'm overlooking. To me though it just seems like, if there is content you can add easily to give the players more flexibility when it comes to customizing their char and their homes, who can complain about that?

I miss reactive and serpent armor, multiple green armors ftw!

This is hardly up to me but I think it would be nice to bring in any armors that were cut out originally from both shards. They don't need to be anything special if they once were, after all I think my main reason for agreeing with this is because it would be nostalgic for many players. After all, isn't that half the reason we are playing a game so old.

Of course this isn't up to me, which is good because I would go overboard and add 150 new armor types after reading this. Anyways, I look forward to reading everyone's feedback about the armors.

As for the newer style clothing, well I can't say I disagree with the clothing really. We all want to have our own look. Some of it isn't entirely appealing though. There might be a few acceptable items that could be added and would still blend in sphere wise maybe but if green looks bad on it, it just doesn't belong.

The house addition could be argued the same way but again some of it just doesn't fit in to the world. I do like some of it and it would fit in but I have a feeling it would be hard to do, as far as turning a few extra walls and floors on but not all.

Again, I hope to see feedback from everyone who reads this!

Well for the housing, if enabling it for customs would cause too many problems problems you staffers could always get together and design a few new houses with them that are bug free and feel like they fit in with the world. When I first heard about the samurai and ninja expansion I almost died of laughter, but the one good thing about it was the housing, you can do some really nifty stuff with those tiles. Also isnt there a bunch of deco items? Maybe give to tinker skill or something to help flush that out a bit?

About the armors, I dont think we need like, a bunch of super high end armors like sapphire and adamantium. I think a lot of the IN and XUO people would love stuff thats just medium grade armor, like Ice sort of, cool looking but not so expensive you dont want to wear it outside of pits. Everyones tastes are different and I know when I first came to the shard the one thing I was heavily disappointed about was my armor from every sphereshard I played wasnt on your list. And neither were any of the mounts I always used spawning.

Armors: FIRE (COLLLLL, I still dont understand why we dont have it)
Reactive
Vampire Stell from Vampire Lor
Had a pink one I dont remember name but was nice

I agree with cloths , cant see why dont add it, I like kasa, jin baori, the wood sandal and the samurai pants xD

Houses: I have a ****ing cool house on another server and wanted to move it to here, but its Samurai Empire floor, walls and ROOF so I cant make one here (sad).

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

if we'll add clothes i think ppl with r/r clothes should have a chance to change their clothes;p Cause ive picked my only cos we didnt have others...

seiken, lunar, undine!!! green xtreme back? Big Grin also titanium would be cool, new hardcore ars for pvp so that u see different colors not just xtreme sets or adamantium or invul =/

maybe we should create a new SUPER HARDCORE PVP AR- with higher ar rate than the best ones right now?(not to much ar tho)..? a new in-x ar, has nothing to do with xuo or in. achieving it maybe by killing a monster stronger than those who allready exist, or maybe by hard-made quests? maybe mining? :o

- regards, Fable

Fable Wrote:maybe we should create a new SUPER HARDCORE PVP AR- with higher ar rate than the best ones right now?(not to much ar tho)..? a new in-x ar, has nothing to do with xuo or in. achieving it maybe by killing a monster stronger than those who allready exist, or maybe by hard-made quests? maybe mining? :o

Thats a great ideia, dont neet to be SUPER HARDCORE, but its a good ideia have an in-x armor... about how to get it, why dont use all ideia you said,..Kill a stronger monster, get something from quest and use materials from mining?? all combined!!

I miss Superior Diamont Katana too.

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Super hardcore armors are a waste of time honestly, every tourny is autosupplied and its not like anyone is gunna wear anything more expensive than blackrock outside of guards, and even that is very rare :/
The only thing it would be good for is duels, but obviously someones not gunna duel for 100k against someone who's wearing armor they cant land hits against, may as well just hand over a cheque and save yourself the 10% lol

The pvp is good how it is now and moving up the AR of the high end armors would just make it so too few hits were landing on folks, I mean if I put on a set of 58AR extreme and invul or crafted shield, its really really tough to get any sort of hit consistancy on me. If you put in say a 65 AR set of armor, plus the shield again, you make it so people dont do enough damage for pvp to be interesting, just becomes boring, autoattack and wait for a minute to land a hit and dump.

Might be cool to have custom armor suits only available through quests, but inside pits it would have to be like the new weaps are, nerfed for fair pvp.

Like shade was saying its nostalia value when it comes to this stuff. Theres a lot from both XUO and IN that are missing, if its supposed to be the two shards merged it should have them all, and this is totally doable without messing with the gameplay balance.

I want to see Fire, Reactive, and Wiz armors again! Also i want the Heavens Fury and Soul of Vampire back they pwnt!

[SIZE="2"]The Horny Pink Daemon[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Worst typer on the World[/SIZE]
[Image: sigpicpaulieq.png]

Paulie Wrote:I want to see Fire, Reactive, and Wiz armors again! Also i want the Heavens Fury and Soul of Vampire back they pwnt!

Here, here! I loved those armors.

BUT... do we really need 100 different armor types?

Rabbi Samild Wrote:BUT... do we really need 100 different armor types?

Naw not at all, I wasnt suggesting a massive increase in armors rly. But the selection now is kinda gimpy and everyone I talk to remembers certain old armors that they love which arent available here. Its always a different set, but I think if the staff picked out the most remembered and best of each shard, that'd be enough to keep people from complaining about lack of colors Smile