Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Surprising End. Or So One Thought...

When My human companion Vicious was Captured, he over heard what became a 'lead' to the whereabouts and location of the Ancient leader of Plague.
I have been seeking The leader of the Nosferatu for months now and...
Still nothing. We've torn that cave inside out.

We decided to search the cave one last time, for revenge, to fulfill the oath we took together.

Vicious was 15 or 20 paces behind me and My torch had gone out. It was Darkness, Black. I then felt swift air come up from my feet, and the floor drop out from under me. It was cool and damp, and a steep slope I was going down. Vicious was calling out, and I screamed for him. Never to see him again.

When the slope came to a stop, I was spit out into what looked like another world. It was bright and snow was falling, and the ground was a couple hundred yards away. There was a group of what looked like humans below me.. They had obviously been expecting me.

Upon landing, It felt like I broke every bone in my body. I couldn't move. I could barely see Black and Blur, and snarls is all I heard. Two men were ordered to lift me up, I screamed in pain. They held me up, in front of who was obviously the leader. They were clearly not human. Whatever they were, the leader was staring me down in the eyes and spoke, "I have been expecting you Darken". I was confused.

I began having flashbacks, of pain and pleasure. Family and friends. Times of war and times of peace. It felt like my head exploded when I started to see blurs again..but then they slowly focused. I began crying out. The 'man' before me was no man, he was the Leader of the Nosferatu. He was, My Father. I felt Lethargic. It made no sense, but thinking in shades of gray, it made PERFECT SENSE.

I knew this was the end.

He demanded, "You are no longer my son. "But a threat to my throne". "I'm sorry". He spoke something in a tongue, I didn't quite understand. And a bag flew over my head, and a Stake drove into my heart....
And that was it.

I am nothing but a wondering soul, a pile of dust. Lost in the lands to be forever forgotten. My mother's Amulet fell off of my neck, and sunk into what was left of me. Ashes. I was beginning to enjoy the urges I was feeling, being plagued, my hunger. It was all taken away with a swift blow, then it all came clear, and I was re leaved of the darkness and torment that had haunted me. I was especially glad of the after-life ahead. Never to be bothered again.

It was the end of Darken....

Or was it?

I began wandering around, and continue to wander as a helpless soul, through the lands I have always wanted to travel, but have never seen. I have seen places that are so Beautiful, places that should be ripped off the face of the world. Places of Honesty, and places of Chaos.

Danke.

Upon me thinking it was the end, it was truly only the beginning.
Life as a Ghost, has gone stale. Aimlessly wandering, I have seen the whole world by now. Every hidden land in every hidden cave. Or So I thought.

It was somewhere South-west, I place I had not recognized. A cave door turned into a hall, decorated with ancient markings and pillars rising from the ground to the rough ceiling that was dripping. I couldn't feel the water that was coming down, or any breeze or any sign of another path. I began hearing what sounded like Growls, that were deep, deep, from within'. Whatever it was, it didn't sound happy. But what harm could I inflict? I am Ghost. Nothing more.

I see in shades of black and white, and when the white gets really bright, thats how I see light. The light was growing brighter and brighter from a corridor that looked like it was leading down. I continued to follow.

Everything was white, I couldn't see anything at all. I thought I was in a dream.... I am a dream. It pierced my after-life eyes, it was painful, even as a soul.

Suddenly, it all cleared. Like something had been purposely making the light so I couldn't see. It shot away and I was re adjusting to see what was standing One hundred feet in front of me, Fifty feet ahead of me.

It was amazing, it was truly beautiful. And in all my travels of life and death, I have seen nothing like it.

Everything was silent, but then there were echos filling the halls that surround me, and growls.

Before me, was the most beautiful King of kings. The most honorable, the most decorated, and the most forgiving. It was the King of Dragons. I started hearing his voice in my mind, which was wandering elsewhere in the lands. It seemed everything pulled back to me, even my ability to repetitively think. I gasped out like I was for air, but I did not need air, I could talk, and I could smile.

He was obviously intelligent, and could speak, and sounded as good as me when speaking. Well, somewhat.

"Hail Wandering Soul"." What brings you to my halls "? His voice echoed. I merely uttered words, as I have not spoken in years, and still find it hard to do so. He interrupted my failed speech. "I know what brings you here, Darken, son of Darcoth". "I have brought you here".

I dropped to my ghostly knees.

"I have brought you here for the chance to serve me, the dragons in this land have no bind, no peace treaty's, with ANY of the creatures of this world, save a few elves. We used to be the key ally every race would try to summon in battle. Now we are but hunted by them all". He said.

"We are order"."I'm bringing you the chance to live once more, to breathe cool air. To serve and gain. Does this interest you?"
"Yes my King". I uttered.

"You wish to serve me Darken? I would be your king, your master. You would be immortal, you would be of Dragon Kin. You have a body of a human, for the most part. You would barely remember your past life, though you may not want to remember it."

"Do you accept, lost soul?"

I actually had the ability to think...Do I really have a choice? Dragon kin, or a lost soul....

" I accept my king." I shouted.

"Good". he nods.

He summoned what looked like some sort of mage, a high ranked priest of some sort maybe. She looked human as well.

She started muttering some sort of incantation. Some words in a tongue that was obviously of the dragons. I did not yet know this tongue. The light re appeared and struck me down. I felt like I was in a dream for the past... well however long I have been a helpless wanderer.

Words echoed through out me. " Bring justice to those who do harm . Bring order to the lands that are being crippled by villains and by evil. I will be watching you Darken, of dragon kin. I will summon you soon."

It all cleared.

I awoke for the first time in a hundred years, well that's what it felt like. I don't think I'm far off. I cracked open my eyes to colors and light that stung my head, it was the worst migraine ever. I heard horses hooves hitting the ground, and felt something moving under neath me. I sat up, and noticed I was in a wagon full of hay, straw, being pulled by a horse with no master. Aimlessly wandering like I had been. I recognized the area well, and decided I should make my way into town. I jumped off the wagon and fell face first into mud. My legs were not ready for that. I pushed myself up slowly and began learning stability once more.

I looked behind me and the horse continued on, looked ahead of me and headed to town.

Applied for items;
Skin hue of dragon kin ( can discuss in game)
Hooded shroud of dragons (A Death shroud, renamed)

Danke.

Your story is accepted.