Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

freeze while looting too fast.

everytime i try to loot or pick up something too fast the message "you must wait until you can perform another action", right after that i freeze and had to re-log to get back running or i can wait for 5min.

Gandalf told me it's a client related issue, and im using the latest one (im pretty sure) 6.0.10.0 (patch 71)

can someone tell me how to change back to older clients without download all that stuff over again, and which client will stop the freezing?

Lies, its not client issue. I use 5.0.1h, Pedro using 4.0.5a, and some of my friends using 4.0.11f, everyone got this problem... It always like: 2-3 people trying to drag one item to their backpack, everyone keep getting message "you must wait until you can perform another action" for 3-4 times until luckiest one dont get the item;p

I believe this was discussed about a month ago and the verdict was that this is caused by an anti-autolooting feature we use.

I have tested this with quite a few clients myself because I loot very fast personally and found that if you wait a whole second after the corpse is open then this will not occur. If you use a program to auto-open corpses, then you need to wait about 2 seconds. That's my experience at least.

no no you misunderstand my problem. i understand that this was to use to prevent auto-loot and stuff. but i'm FROZEN when that happens, like nothing moves and i can't walk or do anything. kinda like a lag spike but only ME.

while under the lag pike/frozen, i messaged my friend on msn and they said they are fine. i had to log out and log back in to fix it OR i wait for 2-3min for everything to jump back in real time.

:confused:

We have been talking about alternative ways to solve the auto/fast looting issue, but for now, my best suggestion for you is to wait a sec before looting:/

I think there are 2 issues here.

The first issue is the anti-autoloot script that has a delay of 1.5 seconds before anyone can loot a player.

The second is a client issue where you freeze if you try to move stuff in a bag or corpse that cannot be moved. I have a pretty new client though (6.0.91 or something) so I doubt getting a newer client will help.
When we are getting our new server computer though, I am going to reinstall UO and patch it to the latest version. Hopefully that will get rid of this annoying issue.

Taran Wrote:I think there are 2 issues here.

The first issue is the anti-autoloot script that has a delay of 1.5 seconds before anyone can loot a player.

The second is a client issue where you freeze if you try to move stuff in a bag or corpse that cannot be moved. I have a pretty new client though (6.0.91 or something) so I doubt getting a newer client will help.
When we are getting our new server computer though, I am going to reinstall UO and patch it to the latest version. Hopefully that will get rid of this annoying issue.

yes! the second issue is what brings me up to the forum to get help. i don't mind the first issue at all.

cool, ill wait for the new server before i go try getting older/newer clients.

The current planning is to have the new server ready to run within 2 weeks. More information on that will follow soon!