Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Iris (for RP and PvEers)

Iris is such an amazing little client if you do not have high performance requirements, e.g when you PvP.

When you have time, check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmINRZ6zFz8 and I'm sure that you'll agree that it looks quite amazing for UO. I hope that we will make it a priority, If there is issues connecting with it. A guide might be needed too.

I still prefer 2D

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

I'm impressed that a hobbyist came up with it. Tongue

maka Wrote:Iris is such an amazing little client if you do not have high performance requirements, e.g when you PvP.

When you have time, check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmINRZ6zFz8 and I'm sure that you'll agree that it looks quite amazing for UO. I hope that we will make it a priority, If there is issues connecting with it. A guide might be needed too.

Yea i was actually like one of the first few people to try it out or something like that, it seemed really awesome when I tried it, but I never got it working on a server. It rocks because it's ACTUAL 3D in UO, but I think you can still play with everyone else.

Here is their home page: http://www.iris2.de/index.php/Main_Page

I'm downloading it now, I'll see if I can connect to IN first, and if so I'll test things like pvp and hunting out to get a sense of the pros/cons

Proximus Wrote:stop beeing gay please..

Prox.

I'm a purist too, ultima in 3d isn't ultima Sad The client still looks pretty impressive.

Might be a better sell if you try to new people to play the gameTongue

I know that I sure as hell would use IRIS if a still played, and obivously didn't PvPBig Grin

It's amazing how long way they've come since I first checked it out. It's quite laggy though when I tested it on IN:X and some models showed only as 2D billboards (placeholders?). Unfortunately, it was quite unstable and laggy (crashed several times during testing and froze a lot while moving around, especially around Britain).

On the positive side I found it had some really neat features like zooming minimap all the way to see whole continents and using cursor keys to move your character (up arrow goes forward, left and right turns your character around). It's also quite refreshing to see the good old Britain bank from a whole different angle Big Grin

Just jumped on with it then... ive always been laggy so its not a good test, but it looks kinda cool....

I've been on the last runuo xuo or whatever with it , and on in x once with it it ran good besides vertical sync issues with it. Never really crashed ran pretty good. Iris ok if your just rping , but pvp no way . I tried out the first iris it was pure garbage ran like crap fall through normal ground tiles it was junk. They started all over with iris , and now its starting to come alive a bit although i cant say i want to play with it just yet. Perhaps if the shard was pure iris it wouldn't be so bad , but i dunno it seems unbalanced with out it being pure iris im just crazy tho ; ). I have a duel core system as well as 2 gigs of ram and a 300+ dollar video card so that's probably part of reason it runs good on my system. : P Any ways if your curious then go for it give it a try for sure Smile thanks for your time all *SmIlE* Oh
don't forget to place a vote on top sites thank ya 's -.-

Nemesis Wrote:iv been on the last runuo xuo or whatever with it and on in x once with it it ran good besides vertical sync issues with it never relaly crashed ran pretty well good its ok if your just rping but pvp no way but yeah i tried out the first iris it was pure garbage ran like crap fall through normal ground tiles it was junk so they started all over with iris and now its starting to come alive a bit alltho i cant say i want to play with it just yet perhaps if ashard was pure iris it woudnt be so bad but i dunno seems unbalanced with out it being pure iris im just crazy tho ; ) but yeah i have a duel core system as well as 2 gigs of ram and a 300+ dollor video card so yeah thats probly part of reason it runs good on my system : P any ways if your curious then go for it give it a try for sure Smile thanks for your time all *SmIlE* Oh
dont forget to place a vote on top sites thank ya 's

Got Punctuation? :eek:

World's longest sentence. Don't **** with this guy! Big Grin

Yeah what smurtle said ! Joking joking -.-.