Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sea serpents are annoying to hell

Hey. Don't hit me in the ass if I'm not the first one to complain about it but it seems that there's a flood of sea serpents in the sea.
As far as I know, we the fishermen cause them to appear by fishing them out and the problem is that they stay there until somebody kills them.
Can't we make them disappear overtime? I mean, I just did a couple of fishing rounds with my ship and I brought like a million of them. They cause a terrible lag to the server and they're nearly useless so why can't we make them disappear after sometime? Like, you fish them out and then when you go away they decide to go back to the deep.

Anybody likes my idea?

There are less then 200 sea serpents in the ocean and under 100 deep sea serpents. It is roughly the same amount as the number of skeletons in the world.

Quite honestly that doesn't cause lag. Even putting them all on one tile wouldn't cause lag, server lag anyway. Really it wouldn't hurt to have them despawn after a certain amount of time but I don't think it is a big deal.
I figure miners can get pk'd pretty easy so the least fishermen can do is deal with some serpents.

Then again if the numbers keep growing there would be a need for a despawn timer.

right, I agree that they should exist. You fish them out, and they endanger you but if they could disappear that would rule.
There are LOTS of them where I sail Smile

Maddox Wrote:right, I agree that they should exist. You fish them out, and they endanger you but if they could disappear that would rule.
There are LOTS of them where I sail Smile

Are you letting all the ones you fish up escape?! Sounds kinda fishy (get it fishy, haha) that there are a bunch near your fishing spot.

I LOVE running accross sea serpents. I only fish for MiBs though, and the fish steaks are just bonus. What I'd like to see less of is water elementals. I hates them.

let me know where the sea serp are and ill come and kill them all.

go east of Britain Bay all the way towards Moonglow. You'll finds zillions of them.