Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spell book (gm magery)

I have not fully sat down and tried this out but
If you start a char and do not do the quest for your spell book but instead go upstairs and go in the little room with the bats.
So long as I didn't start the quest I would gain magery but after starting the quest I stop gaining magery.

How ever my char was below 30, and not sure if that makes a difference.

(there for you could gm magery for free just sitting there)

I noticed that before, but I'm not sure why it's happening. That region is flagged to disallow skill gain, but it's still happening sometimes.

Could be something hard-coded into the scrolls, perhaps? Shade will have to take a look at that.

When I did the quest I got evaluating int gains definitely.

yeah it lets you get int gains and eval int but not magery. Tho if you dont start the quest it lets you gain magery. Anyways thought it was odd and id mention it.

Must be something wrong with the region, because I just added a regioncontrol and set AllowSkillGain to false and I couldn't gain any skill past 10.

Did you get a message saying "You cannot gain skills here" but still gained? Or did you just gain without the message?

When i did the quest i was getting the message, but also gaining a few skillpoints in eval int i think

I would gain skill, (magery) no message or anything. Then I went shit I forgot the quest why am I doing this.
Started the quest, and stoped gaining magery but I still gained eval int untill i think 30 then that stoped.
Only gain magery if you didnt start the quest but still gain eval even if a message poped up.

Does this still happen?