Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Provocation

Hey,
I am GM Musicianship and Provocation, but i can barely provoke dragons. It seems the chance to provoke them is somewhat below 5%... -_-
Is it supposed to be that hard?
After all it takes very long to gm provocation, and it didnt pay off yet :/

The chance to provoke dragons at GM prov and music is 50% not 5 Tongue
You must be having bad luck or trying to provoke them when they are out of range of each other as they must be within a certain number of tiles from each other to be provoked.
There's also a trick to increase that provoke chance but I like people figuring out the tricks themselves.

Also, fun fact: Dragons aren't the only mobs in the world. Just because you don't provoke dragons constantly doesn't mean it doesn't pay off. Try using it on lesser creatures to kill them faster. A skilled hunter can make more gold at an overly populated dungeon over places like Destard.

realy whta i try u have good chanse to provo drake vs dragon, i cant provo dragon vs dragon im gm bard

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have problems doing it to, cast something to distract them and eventually you will get them to attack each other. Id say on avg it takes me 6+ tries sometimes, it takes a long time.

but wow 50% sure doesn't feel that way but it does work.
(dragon vrs dragon avg 6+tries)
(dragon vrs drake avg 4+tries)

for me drag vs drake 20-30%
not try drag vs drag

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hm as a player I can provoke a drake on a dragon about 70% of the time, well over half at least. Dragon on dragon depends on a few things but done correctly, the chances are fair.

I find a good way to get them fighting is to discord them first. Discord lowers their stats which also lowers their fire breath. Not to mention the delay on discord is low enough where you can spam it and have them discorded in seconds. I typically discord one of the 2 mobs then target the discorded mob first when provoking.

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly, the first target should be the weaker (easier to provoke) creature.

need try it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Either way, you dont want it to easy otherwise its easy money!

@Shade: How exactly does discordance work? Is it a set minus to strength? A percentage? I never quite understood it.