Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Craft money making

Hi all, for those of you who don't know me. I'm a IN member since 1999 and was once Kapuna. I'm rl friends with Buck. I try to log on when I can these days.

I was just trying to find a way to make money crafting. I'm a Gm tailor but I can't make profit with making shirts or any other item. If i take wool and do all the steps to make it into clothing I make some money but on the old IN and other shards it isn't that difficult. Also daggers don't sell for very much. Exceptional quality ones are only 12 gold and on the old IN they sold for 27.

I'm wondering if this was made like this on purpose or it hasn't been tweaked yet. Does anyone know of profitabnle craft skills besides selling to real players? I beleive if your high enough or GM in a craft skill you should be able to make at least some profit off crafting. Selling ignots to npc's you can make more gold than if you make them into daggers. Although I don't know about gorgets yet.

I was just thinking that if it was up to me...

I would make npc's buy colored ignots and armor at almost market price. I might not want to take away from the uo player business but on the original IN i used to make all my crap ores into gorgets and sell to npc's for a decent price.

Darklink Wrote:Hi all, for those of you who don't know me. I'm a IN member since 1999 and was once Kapuna. I'm rl friends with Buck. I try to log on when I can these days.

I was just trying to find a way to make money crafting. I'm a Gm tailor but I can't make profit with making shirts or any other item. If i take wool and do all the steps to make it into clothing I make some money but on the old IN and other shards it isn't that difficult. Also daggers don't sell for very much. Exceptional quality ones are only 12 gold and on the old IN they sold for 27.

I'm wondering if this was made like this on purpose or it hasn't been tweaked yet. Does anyone know of profitabnle craft skills besides selling to real players? I beleive if your high enough or GM in a craft skill you should be able to make at least some profit off crafting. Selling ignots to npc's you can make more gold than if you make them into daggers. Although I don't know about gorgets yet.

I agree about exceptional tailor items, they should sell for more. I remember GM shirts sold for decent money. Tailoring should be looked into.

Regards.

Problem with tailoring is that it doesn't require a lot of harvest, in fact, it doesn't require any. It's quite easy way to make good money with it if you have some of your own wool i think.

Taran has said he is trying to figure out a way to make exceptional items sell for more, and if I have time and energy, I might try to help out.

Tailoring does need a money maker. As maka said getting tailoring materials doesn't require much effort so I was thinking it should have something that has demand on player market instead of just being vendor trash. Like inscription has scrolls that are used in pvp and alchemy has gheal and mana pots. This would help economy, player interaction and it would require some effort in form of finding a buyer instead of just having your macro running in a tailor shop.

What could this item be? I have no idea yet. Open for suggestions and keep the ideas flying! Big Grin

You could always set some kinds of really rare crafting clothing to give some kind of small skill/stat gains, like a robe that gives +5 magic resist or something, but I already know this would be a "no" but it would be nice to have and very popular, it just would need to be thought through about what skills to addon, what's too much of a skill on an item, etc, but it could work without over-powering people, plus you could make them really really hard to make.

However, you had a handful of good items on IN1 that were craftable by tailoring:

Elven Armor: GM Magery and Tailoring (I won't give the recipes)
Dragon Scalemail: GM Smith, Tink, Tailoring, 50 alchemy
Craghash Ringmail: GM Smith, ItemID, Tailoring

Of course, this still isn't much when concentrating just on the Tailoring skill because you have to have all those other skills to create them as well, so I suggest some sort of leather armor addon that requires just tailoring to create, similar to Elven Armor.

This is a signature.

Malik Wrote:Tailoring does need a money maker. As maka said getting tailoring materials doesn't require much effort so I was thinking it should have something that has demand on player market instead of just being vendor trash. Like inscription has scrolls that are used in pvp and alchemy has gheal and mana pots. This would help economy, player interaction and it would require some effort in form of finding a buyer instead of just having your macro running in a tailor shop.

What could this item be? I have no idea yet. Open for suggestions and keep the ideas flying! Big Grin

Well bandages would be the obvious if your looking for a tailor item that would be for player trading.
1 cloth = 1 bandage
Skill req should be 70-80 or something since tailoring isnt that hard to raise.

Another idea could be to let tailoring be part of the (hopefully) comming crafted weapons recipies. Like where you have to tailor a part for a weapon and not just as a skill requirement.

I'm remembering reading a post before the shard went down that had something to do with dragon scales, and I don't remember if they had a use or not... But, a new type of armor would be kinda nice, craftable from GM tailoring, cloth and dragonscales.

Might I suggest 2031 as the color? Smile

-edit-
It would also be nice if it didn't look like platemail. Possibly studded armor, recolored and renamed with higher armor. It gets old seeing nothing but different shades of the same platemail armor.

Also, have daemons drop Daemon Bones that can be crafted into armor. But make it look like bone armor with high armor rating and either a reddish or blackish color.

-edit2-
Another cool idea: A craftable "pocket" that can be attatched to your backpack that raises the amount you can carry. (Lets say from 390 stones to 400) The materials would be simple and you could make different qualities of pocket that require more time and energy to get mats for. You could probably go up to 450 stones from pockets if the +60 stone pocket was really hard to craft. Also, the attachment would probably have to be permanent since you'd have to make some sort of variable or flag on the player with it on. Is it possible to set its layer to the 'ring' layer and have it be equippable and unequippable via the little boxes next to your paper doll?

maka Wrote:I have time and energy, I might try to help out.

Word up.

I love the idea of special craftable decent armors that give small bonus to magery, meditation, or a combat skill. Make it so it requires different combinations of skills for different sets and give them relatively low durability (so that PVPers can't just horde them) and there will always be a demand to make them (like consumables).

Regards.

darklink=kamal? ;]

Kamal? lol no thats my cousin Jon. At one point on IN1 I got my mad and quit and deleted my character. Then i gave the account to my cousin who played as kamal. He played quite a bit didnt he? I havent talked to him in awhile since he moved but i might contact him to let him know about INX. After he had my account I started to play as Kapuna. But i'm the original Darklink.