Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New changes

If you don't read the changelogs in News & Announcements or the news on the website, these are some of the major changes we have made in the last 1-2 weeks or so:
  • Added Xtreme armor and Xtreme monsters
  • Added a neutral shield (like chaos/order shields but you have to be in a neutral guild)
  • Orespawns are now random again
  • You can now get treasure maps from monsters and fishing again
  • Made a new statuspage
  • Fixed runebooks. They are NOT newbied, but instead they won't use up charges on the runes. Vendors don't sell them, they will have to be crafted. We also changed the recipe a bit, not the items but how much of each item you need. Plus we increased the needed skill to craft it.
Hope you enjoy this update, I'll keep them coming.
Most of these bugs and features have been fixed thanks to Malik, our new developer. Don't forget to thank him properly!

I'm curious about the rune books. You say they won't use charges, which I assume means that the recall runes don't fade. That's nice. Smile But, can you recall from the book if it's in your bank? Locked down in your house? In a container besides your backpack?

In short, you don't have to have the runebook on you. All those locations work.

Selling runebooks Wink

I think he means "they wont have charges" as in you dont have to put recall scroll charges into the runebook to recall from it.

i'm confused. so do the runes fade or not? and is there a place where i can see what is needed to create the runebook? or any craft table at all?

While runes are in the book they won't fade.

Sorry if was a bit unclear.

While in a runebook runes won't fade anymore. You can recall how many times you want without having to re-mark.
As soon as you take them out of the book they will fade again if you recall from them.

Runebooks still have charges as well, meaning you can add recall scrolls to the runebook and then recall using no regs. We removed the delay of using the book though, since we already have a delay on the recall spell itself.

Can you use it from the bank or if it's locked down? I'd like to get a rune library going for the friends who I have gotten to play and for myself, but it'd be a pain if I have to leave the books laying around unlocked. I trust the guys, but it's their first time playing UO so I try to avoid as many accidents as possible. (Blade Spirits in my sheep room. >_<)

What would be ideal is if they are usable from the bank or floor, even when locked down, but runes can't be removed if they're locked down.

You should be able to use the runebook from anywhere
Hmm you're right when you say that you shouldn't be able to drop runes if the runebook is locked down. Right now you can drop them even if the runebook is locked down, but I'll change that. Thanks for the tip!