Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Halp!

The deal is I cannot get UO to work. It's from a fresh install..it ended patching around 5.0.7 or so, which I suppose will suffice. I get a "unable to launch specified client." I have only one client, the 2d client. Razor installed fine and works, just the UO will not work. I'm not sure why exactly it won't work (and this is with all the required files unzipped and installed in). I'm going to re-download the UO again...this is about the tenth install.

Also, I open the UO folder and open the client directly to just log on and it will not advance beyond Verifying..I'm not sure if that will help anyone demystify my problem.Sad

Try going into razor and pointing at the client you tried to open manually (quite sure you can do this). To me it seems like razor is looking at an old UO install for the client.

Otherwise, if you just want to log in, download the injection clients (from the download section) and use them as is (or with injection). Beware though, these clients cannot be used with razor, so don't overwrite your client.

I'll try that after I'm finished installing the UO and see if it works. Thanks for the timely response.

im sure you checked thousands of times make sure all your settings are correct: patch client encryption checked, osi encryption unchecked and the uo data directory is correct. and the client should be namned client.exe nothing else. There is also a client in the download section/misc 5.0.8.2 try that too.

Best of luck Ginz

Also, if you're sure it's installed right, check your network firewall. I think I said that in someone else's thread too. Tongue UO uses port 2593 so open that up if you have a software firewall or one on your router.

I'm connecting with client 5.0.7.1 if that helps.