Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I need some help.

Hello, I been macroing some skills, but it's been very difficult. I am having trouble gaining money. Anyone care to give a beginner some tips on how to get it alittle easier? Atleast alittle bit of money, for skills to be gmed on?

I have got the money I got now; from Gang Bang, and Aeorox. And some help from Rabbi Samild.

*I am not being negative or anything like that, I don't really no where to start.

:Rost

Protip: Use a bladed item on the corpses for extra loots. Scissors on hides to make them lighter. Cook ribs and sell them to a vendor in one of the taverns, then turn skins into leather hats to raise tailoring, then sell the hats to a vendor.

What I do to get money usually is go out and gather resources (logs, ingots, wool, etc), then use the resources to raise my craft skills and sell the finished products to vendors. It's slower, but the cash is decent and I'm raising my trades at the same time.

Thanks for the tips, Sindern. It's well appreciated.

:Rost

One of the first skills I raised on my player char was Provocation, after stealthing, so that I could make monsters fight one another. It kills them way faster and you can take out whole mobs fairly quickly. I also did Peacemaking so that I could attack them myself without getting attacked back.
Usually I hunt Dragons/daemons, but dragons tend to be harder to provoke

Although teadous and somewhat boring your best friend when it comes to making money is Mt Kendell in minoc... you can sell your iron from 7 - 10gp per ingot and at low level mining its all you will get... thats probably your best way to make money.

Im also going to be redoing the newbie dungeon soon to make things a little easier on new starters.

Hey Rostrob,

I know what it was like to be a new player and not knowing your way around,

what i can do is if you like, msn me on [email protected] and i'll be more than happy to help you make a start on your character. gold, training items, etc

Or if you dont use msn, then type .on ingame and send me a message and we can meet ingame.

We need more new players like on this wicked server... you'll definately enjoy your time here once you master your skills

OkanSmile

Good luck on your journey Rostrob Big Grin

There are a number of guides available to help you as well! Don't forget to check them out!

http://www.in-x.org/index.php?option=com...&Itemid=36

All this excellent feedback, wish I started at start up, this would been a fun journey, no need tho, I will be there eventually. I can't wait till they fix top 200"bugged?" and the 3rd one, so we can attract more RPers/PvPers/and Crafters. GO GO GO IN:X!!!!!

:ROST!

Rostrob Wrote:All this excellent feedback, wish I started at start up, this would been a fun journey, no need tho, I will be there eventually. I can't wait till they fix top 200"bugged?" and the 3rd one, so we can attract more RPers/PvPers/and Crafters. GO GO GO IN:X!!!!!

:ROST!

I've said this a lot, but I think that the best way to get more people is recruiting friends, family, and other online buddies. I doubt that the top-200 lists have a lot of influence.

Anyone have any kind of stats on the number of new players looking to join a free UO server that those websites get? I can't imagine it being a lot since the game is 10+ years old.