Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A little update on what is going on..

Well I thought I would take a min and update exactly what I have been doing on the shard..

At the moment I am testing the loot on a majority of the monsters and on all the boss's and custom creatures that were created. I have noticed so far several of the custom monsters were made harder to kill but drop the same loot as if it was the easier version of that monster. I have also spot checked ALOT of the monsters that are around the world and checked them to the loot tables on static uo and they all seem to be the same so I don't think I will be making any changes to them.

As far as the boss's go. alot of the loot will be altered.

Just so you have a idea. This is how I am testing to see where the loot should be at.

1. The boss is fought by one fighter with max skills using what ever means possible to kill it.(almost 100% of the time you can't kill it alone!!)
It is timed to see how long it takes to kill it and then the loot is copied down.

2. 2 people fight it and time how long it takes to kill and copy down loot.

3. If we are able to beat it with 2 people we repeat the process using diffrent methods (provok,EV's ect..)

4. We move on to 3 people fighting it and repeat the same as number 2 and 3.

With this a chart is slowly starting to appear and we can get a estimated time on how long it takes to fight the creature and how much resorces it takes from you and what there loot is now. With that we can make adjustments to what the loot should be.

For example: The saphire deamon at the bottom of covators was alot harder then a reguler deamon but he droped the same exact loot as a reguler deamon. behind him was a saphire dragon that took half the time to kill but droped double the loot as the deamon did. (so they will be adjusted as need be.)

Also I am working on some things to bring a better feel to the game and to give people more things to do and see in the world. Im not going to get into that at the moment but construction has started.

I would estimate at the rate I am going at the moment the loot that I am persoanaly working on should be all done and set by the end of next week.
after that I will concentrate on some other projects that need to get finished.

That is all I have for now but I will try to keep everyone updated on my progress a few times a week.

Thanks,
Viz

Confusedurprised: Ty man, u rox

Word, thanks for the update, Viz.

Regards.

Oh, thanks man. Very interesting info Big Grin
Nice to see how you fix the monsters Smile

yey pritty cool man i cant wait to try them Smile thnk u

Yay! Hope I'm at least a little help Viz Big Grin

Anything else going on? Havent seen activity in a little...

Yeah im still working on the monster loot and have been working on some things in brit. Big Grin

Do you know if anyone is currently working on scripting?

2 people are looking at the scripts and doing bug fixes. They do not have super much experience, but they are getting better and better.

maka Wrote:2 people are looking at the scripts and doing bug fixes. They do not have super much experience, but they are getting better and better.

Excellent Smile

Thank you for the update, Maka.

Regards.

Thx all the work Wink

Could you put a % of the problems has been done? ( no pressure) just for sometimes look at that and think how much time we need to wait to see u all ingame other time Wink

Also we wouldnt need to ask how much time left all the time just watch that post and wait Smile

Thx anyways if you dont like the idea u dont need to do it. Wink

see u