Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is wrong with people?

I just got reskilled 7 times, is this seriously something people like having allowed? I get killed one time, fine1 maybe even 2 times, thats also fine, but when people start to reskill just to be annoying it gets out of hand. What does seriously someone get out of reskilling someone else 7 times? I dont mean to sound like a crybaby cause i actually dont even bother that much about the game in total anymore but i just think its redicoulos to not having a rule against it. Shouldnt it be considered harrassement? On top of that i got killed while mining, and i get people like checking if someone is afk by killing them and thats fine. But really i am an defenseless miner in the first place no need to harrass me by being following me to the ankh and kill me over and over again. I get it, i suck at pvp, especially when all i have on me to defend myself is an pickaxe and recall regs.

On a side note to this. Sure this is a pvp shard we´ve all got that by now but what if i were someone who just started playing here. Its hard as it is making it on your own with a new char without money, skills or resources. Reskilling would, at least for me, make me quit if i were new.

Please spare me the "youre a crybaby" replies cause i know and i dont care but i want to se where people stand on the reskilling matter cause i think it really should be set illegal. I didnt know people did this until now and i hope we havent lost any players due to it. Because no one really gains from it, only the server loses from it IF players are quitting due to it.

You really don't have to keep going into war mode. The majority of people who are killing you want to do so, more than once. It's not about the loot. For me it's about the kill counts and the sheer fact that it's an easy kill. Other than that, the easiest way to combat something that has no true beneficial claims is to stop feeding it. Tab, go res, and then come back to fight again or stay away.

Making res killing illegal is just another meaningless rule that will probably drive more away than keep. It's really easy to avoid getting res killed. Tone the ego down and stop tabbing, and stop assuming that these people are going to care about your situation or feelings. Most of us have been res killed, so we'll return the favor.

Well, if somebody keeps harassing you and following you to the ankh just to ress-kill you over and over, then feel free to page and we'll talk to him and make him stop, since there is a rule against harassment.

However if you're just killed in a town and he keeps ressurecting and killing you over and over again, then there's an easy way to make it stop, just tab out of war mode and he won't be able to ress you anymore, then walk on the pits-rune to get back to pits ressed and safe.

I think that it would be good to have some rule against idiots tho, and what I mean by idiots is people that keeps ress-killing a newb and there by making him quit the shard, instead of helping us grow. The server is more fun to everybody if we have a lot of players, ress-killing new players won't make us grow, so that's just stupid. I think players who wants to be "evil in game" should think a little bit more about how they would feel themselves if they were new to a shard, and 5 red guys show up and ress-kills the shit out of him. Most newbs would probably quit right away, so seriously, think a little before you ress-kill them, it is seriously not worth it, no matter how "fun" it may be for the moment. This is not a warning or a rule, it is just some "wise words" from me to all you PKs out there whose ress-killing newbs. If you want to ress-kill somebody then do it to somebody who deserves it - somebody who has done it to you or something - not to some innocent poor newbie.

Regards,
Hate

Werd. Res-kill me. I give you all permission. :icon_twisted:

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

Hate Wrote:I think that it would be good to have some rule against idiots tho, and what I mean by idiots is people that keeps ress-killing a newb and there by making him quit the shard, instead of helping us grow. The server is more fun to everybody if we have a lot of players, ress-killing new players won't make us grow, so that's just stupid. I think players who wants to be "evil in game" should think a little bit more about how they would feel themselves if they were new to a shard, and 5 red guys show up and ress-kills the shit out of him. Most newbs would probably quit right away, so seriously, think a little before you ress-kill them, it is seriously not worth it, no matter how "fun" it may be for the moment. This is not a warning or a rule, it is just some "wise words" from me to all you PKs out there whose ress-killing newbs. If you want to ress-kill somebody then do it to somebody who deserves it - somebody who has done it to you or something - not to some innocent poor newbie.

Regards,
Hate

Yea thats exactly what im talking about. I know i can avoid getting res killed but the point is that when youve killed someone youve made your point theres no need to keep doing it just for the fun of it. It just pisses me off that im not able to go res then go re suit or whatever i wanna do. Its just one of those things like dieing in a dungeon you guys talked about, wanting pit runes for ghosts, instead of getting re-killed over and over again by the mobs. You really just want to get away and leave all resources behind.

And Smurtle, you say yo res kill because you want the kill count. Well you cant seriously mean its fun having a high kill count when all you did is followed someone to an ankh to get 50+ kill counts, cause theres absolutely no skill involved in it. And definatly no respect whatsoever.

Anyhow the point wasnt to make this a personal thread for me but to bring up an issue, or decide wheter it is an issue or not.

Kreole Ragehead Wrote:And Smurtle, you say yo res kill because you want the kill count. Well you cant seriously mean its fun having a high kill count when all you did is followed someone to an ankh to get 50+ kill counts, cause theres absolutely no skill involved in it. And definatly no respect whatsoever.

Kreole, when you open the status at the webpage and see: "Very Bad PK: 1734956 Killcount" You don't know the way he/she used to get there... so somebody would think... "wooooo :O what an amount of deaths..."
Well, back to the topic, I think the resskilling issue is a never-end issue in the UO world. You can go to another ank or healer. Moreover, here at IN-X you have the possibility to go to the pits at least.
I agree there should be an anti-idiotic rule or something, but to be honest, that's impossible Sad
That thing which Hate told you about paging and he'll warn the resskillers is a possitive actitude. I don't think he'll have much work, because I think we are all very mature Big Grin

Thats if GM's answer the pages in less than 2 hours.. *Cough* (Not me personally but people i know.)

- Just some Newb who wants to make this shard the best!

"Don't Just be good, Be good for something."

http://www.apollopony.net/video/breakdance_pope.mov

Most res killing occurs in:
* ganks when the kid doesn't know when to stop tabbing, mostly because he wants to talk back at the people who did the deed

*isolated events, say hunting, and someone follows someone to a res ankh and continues to trash talk and/or res kill. The rule for that is harassment.

Other than that, res killing isn't exactly a bad thing. Res-killing keeps you from looting your body to get the regs to FS us back. Tongue

There's a rule for harassment, which in some cases res-killing can be, like Hate said. Like Shadar said though- we need someone there to enforce it.

simple solution; GO GET RESSED SOMEWHERE ELSE or DONT REVEAL

Eighty Swords Wrote:simple solution; GO GET RESSED SOMEWHERE ELSE or DONT REVEAL

werd.

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

Man just go other place to ress, get things and pwn them, quite easy.

Otherwise if u cant kill em, just dont go there.

I dont know why people like to be resskilled, i learnt the lesson that if u got reskilled just dont wait there or dont go there Quite EASY.

pf

In my case i will reskill all the times necessaries for been alone while looting. so you can do whatever u want.. if u want to be reskilled just come my lightning will be waiting for u, also my elven bow Wink

kind regards

Kreole Ragehead Wrote:Please spare me the "youre a crybaby" replies cause i know and i dont care but i want to se where people stand on the reskilling matter cause i think it really should be set illegal.

!