Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Drag and Drop QUE ?

Whats with the drag and drop queue ? I'm playing around with scavenger, and I don't get why There is a queue to picking things up.
In-fact if I manually loot a monsters body to fast it wont let me pick the loot up. It puts it back in the corpse and I have to wait for the queue timer to be finished ?

Is this apart of the shard or something my razor is doing ?

I believe it is server. For I experienced same problem when i smelted to many ore and it stacked them in piles of 1 under me and it took forever with que.

Thats caused by razor 90% of the time. Scavenger loots about 2-5 arrows a second for me. You can turn off auto-queue object delays in razor as this is the most likely culprit with this issue. Also putting the Object Delay to 0 could work as well.

I put it to 0 and it made it worse lol, It freaked out and went faster.

Ill play around with it. Thanks

It's definitely a server-side limitation. I can auto-equip all my gear in a split-second as staff, but I usually freeze if I try to do it with GM toggled off. Edit your drag/drop delay in razor if you're having problems with freezing.

Well then it will take me some 10 days to pick up all my bottles from doing alchemy.
I remember doing a quest and trying to loot the body I got 2 scrolls while the other players were able to just raid the corpse. I figure it's your stop to auto looting ?
I can manually pick up the bottles so fast it tells me i have to wait :S .
It doesnt bug the shard to get you cant perform this action yet 100000 times in 5 seconds ?

And I hope GM's have 2 accounts 1 playing account 1 gm account, Otherwise if you dont untoggle being a gm you loot faster than everyone else or Equip faster.

I think that the drag/drop delay is like 4 or 500 ms, so you could pick up two things per second with perfect ping. It shouldn't be much of a problem if you're drag/dropping by hand unless you're super fast. It's mostly there to stop people from hitting an auto-loot script and having a corpse go from full to empty immediately. Imagine how angry the normal drag/drop players would be if they were in a monster bash and a boss with 300 items got looted in one second. Tongue

(For monster bash / quests )well I don't like the whole loot idea because someone could do jack and sit there and loot have the body, or if your like me who can loot faster than the 2 objects per second and freezes then crashes uo. Sad basicly now i just loot like a turtle and count 1 mississippi 2 miss ect.
But for the people who cant loot fast and there are some who just quest and hunt, its pretty shitty for them to come to an event and get nothing just cuz they cant loot like a MOFO .

soma
P.S
This delay is to slow for me possible to speed it up like 1 second ? lol

^^Yeah I feel the delay is too long... I crash all the time trying to loot bodies, even when I intentionally slow down. There shouldn't be a delay IMO, but that leaves room for auto-loot programs as stated...

Habibi Jones Wrote:^^Yeah I feel the delay is too long... I crash all the time trying to loot bodies, even when I intentionally slow down. There shouldn't be a delay IMO, but that leaves room for auto-loot programs as stated...

For the staff, about the freezing while trying to move objects that you can't move:
The delay isn't really the problem, it's the freezing. If you can't move an object (for example if you're too far away from the corpse, but also if you're too fast for the delay) then you freeze at this server and have to restart UO. This is caused by the client the players are all using, the "recommended client" that is added in the patcher. If you (the staff) would find you an client that doesn't do then then your problems would be gone, but lowering the queue timer on the looting will just make autolooters have a blast.

What you (the staff) needs to find is:
A client that works with Razor but that still does not make you freeze while dragging items that you can't move, OR a solution server-sided WHY the freezes happen, because I don't think that the client freezes up with other shards, since it's a commonly used client for razor last time I checked. I have found several working client but the problem is that they don't work with razor because they're clients that Razor does not support, and razor is a good program so finding a client that works with razor is a better option.

Most clients around 6.0.4.0 has the same issue tho, so I think you'll have to go much higher, unless u can figure out why the 6.0-clients freeze the way they do with our server, and fix it that way instead.

Good luck!

Yes, the freezing issue is related to the client. 7.X clients sometimes don't have this issue, so now that the SVN is updated, we can probably start using higher clients now, so I'll start checking to see the max client we can use for our RunUO Version. I'll make a post when we find the right client and have people download the update to fix the issue.

Also, @Shade: You should make a Statics Update thread. The updater script I made creates a nice copy/pastable log file that would be perfect for it. It even auto-opens it for you at the end.