Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Things That don't work....

Heya.. Bongminion here.. .

Just a thread to bring up things that don't work in the server that I rember from olskool osi ... .. There may be reasons for it .. but maybe this thread will warn new player .. if and what is available to them....

Taming - Dragons and drakes and serpents are not tamable...
Poisoning - Deadly poison doesn't seem to work in pvp or on npcs effectively
Potions - Str, Agility, work , but don't work after all stats maxed... Explosion nerfed
Begging - Nerfed
Stealing - I understand there is a balance issue.. but also Nerfed
Magic - Buff Spells str/dex/int/ mana vampire / magic unlock/ poison/

I'll edit it as people bring things up .. but i think adding the potions and spells would make things work with a little more variety... taming a damn dragon was hard stuff... but the payout was worth it .. Smile

Bong Minion Wrote:Heya.. Bongminion here.. .

Just a thread to bring up things that don't work in the server that I rember from olskool osi ... .. There may be reasons for it .. but maybe this thread will warn new player .. if and what is available to them....

Taming - Dragons and drakes and serpents are not tamable...
Potions - Str, Agility, work , but don't work after all stats maxed... Explosion nerfed
Begging - Nerfed

I'll edit it as people bring things up .. but i think adding the potions and spells would make things work with a little more variety... taming a damn dragon was hard stuff... but the payout was worth it .. Smile

First of all, we're an Sphere-relica, not an OSI-replica.

Most of these things you mentioned is things that we've made this way in order for the PvP to be balanced, and to stay true to Sphere.

Taming - Dragons and drakes and serpents are not tamable
That's because people will use the dragons/drakes to hunt with, and to gank with, and it kind of messes it up more than it helps it, at least at our shard. I see no reason why we shouldn't make serpents tameable tho, except for that it may not be so very Sphere-ish to have it that way, and if it's not then that's probably why we do not have it that way.

We've made the deadly poison into a sneak-attack at our PvP. After you've poisoned somebody it takes some time before it hits you, but when it does you'll start loosing life fast. This is to avoid the PvP from turning into an neverending poison & cure - pvp, which it will if we make it too strong. And for the NPC part - well if it's too strong then it'll kick the ass off any hard monster with a lot of health in no-time since it does % damage to the creature.

Potions - Str, Agility, work , but don't work after all stats maxed...
That's because it would imbalance our PvP (during duels) if we would make it possible for you to gain 120 strength (which also means 120 life), or 120 mana, etc etc. Anyways, with strength pots it would make players survive the duels way too easy, and the strongest attacks will just "tickle" them. With INT-pots you'll be able to heal or attack way more with lots more mana, and most likely survive easier as well, also a thing that would imbalance and slow down the PvP, and make it too easy to survive. Agility potions would make you hit way faster, and is disabled because we like our current hit-speed..

Explosion nerfed
It's set to do an good amount of damage which works well with our PvP.

Begging - Nerfed
Don't know about this one, I've never really begged in my UO-life, and I'm proud to say so! Wink Anyways, it's probably set this way for a good reason, but I'll let some other staffmember answer to this one.

How is it nerfed? Anyways this one goes to another staffmember as well, I'm the PvP coordinator so I focus on the PvP-answers.

We do not have buffs that can buff str/dex/int above 100 because of our PvP, same as with the potions. What's wrong with mana vampire and magic unlock? That's none-pvp questions again so somebody else will have to answer that. The poison is (as I mentioned above) this way due to that it will affect the PvP in an negative way otherwise.

I hope these answers helped you to become a bit wiser regarding these issue. I'd also once again like to point out that we are NOT trying to be like OSI, we are trying to be like Sphere. We're an Sphere-replica, not an OSI-replica.

Regards,
Hate

Stealing is only disabled due to a fairly complex to fix exploit.

Yankovic - "... Oh Nasir, sorry, you are teh greatest. I'm a fool, you were right all the time. please forgive me. ..." (possibly out of context)

but we can have some more funny things cos we r half run uo Big Grin those elvens/bardies peekaying is very boring Sad

dvlsmnd Wrote:but we can have some more funny things cos we r half run uo Big Grin those elvens/bardies peekaying is very boring Sad

We will be adding new cool weapons soon, we're balancing them at the moment. I think you'll like them, but also learn to like the PvP if you duel a few times in it :] There's way more to this PvP than Elven bows and bardiches, trust me ;p

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:We will be adding new cool weapons soon, we're balancing them at the moment. I think you'll like them
Regards,
Hate
<3 <3

i know this pvp its my style i played all those tus/sphere things only Big Grin
just want something new now hehe

As long as they fix the shield damage, i was using a max bard vs sapphire set with sapphire shield n i dealt 3 damage critical LOL. Thats very unbalanced.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

ScareCrow Wrote:As long as they fix the shield damage, i was using a max bard vs sapphire set with sapphire shield n i dealt 3 damage critical LOL. Thats very unbalanced.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Yes that is very imbalanced, and I'll tell them about that if they doesn't already know.

Regards,
Hate

thnx for all the info .. sorry for the refrence to osi... i meant sphere is supposed to be ol skool no? did ol skool have these things...?

regardless thes thread is to lets others know what is and isn't available regardless what the reason..but it's great to have staff imput on the matter!

Ill update according to your info hate thnx again

-Bongminion

Werd. we need these ideas to come up. Every idea has it's place as long as it encourages the shard and doesn't attack it Smile i think these posts are a good way for scripting staff to understand what the players want.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

Bong Minion Wrote:thnx for all the info .. sorry for the refrence to osi... i meant sphere is supposed to be ol skool no? did ol skool have these things...?

regardless thes thread is to lets others know what is and isn't available regardless what the reason..but it's great to have staff imput on the matter!

Ill update according to your info hate thnx again

-Bongminion

Sphere is not only Old School. Sphere is a DIFFERENT way to play UO. It's an original emulator than gives you a new UO experience (Very different from OSI style)
For example: Moving while casting spells was never allowed on OSI. Nevertheless, that is the most famous characteristic of Sphere (Ok, bugs too XDDD)
But yes, those things you mention in your post were partially implemented in Sphere by default Tongue