Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

You stumble upon an old book titled "Keir's Treasure"

We raced for the valley, speeding dangerously close to the thick-branched trees of the jungle, jumping our rides over treestumps and undergrowth and we finally arrived by the cave that led to the valley. Fortunately we met no resistance and barged into the house. It was empty. We frantically searched every inch, knowing the stakes were great and time is of the essence. What we left behind was a home turned over, and mayhaps made someone very angry upon arriving home. As we escended the stone stairs in despair, a loud, painful scream echoed from over the jungle. My heart raced. It came from so close. We came to the wrong place and now Keir was dead, or at least captured. "Where to now?" I asked of Kyo, already speeding past the cave leading out of the valley. He took out a map while riding, checking landmarks around the valley. "There's an abandoned house by the beach I passed earlyer, we should go there." I nodded and said we should separate and approach from both sides, having greater chance of actually running into whoever screamed. I chose to approach from the west, Kyo rided along towards the south. Riding through the forest I smelled ashes, and it wasn't natural fire. Soemone used magic not far from my location. I followed the pungeant odour left by the magical consumption of sulphurous ash, and stumbled upon the burnt out remnants of a small sandstone ouse. There has been a magical battle not long ago, and a torn, bloody shirt was one of the things still in decent condition in all the rubble. As I touched the shirt, everything went white, and a vision hit me. Lord Ciro, who now I recognized as the member of the Trinsic Counil, has been reading something that looked like a bloody parchment made of human skin. I catched a glimpse of a white tent, and the sandstone towers of Trinsic in the distance, when the shaking and yelling of Kyo brought me back to reality. After assuring him that I haven't just fainted from the sun and humidity of Trinsic's forest, he believed that my vision might've been a strong magical imprint upon the shirt, left behind by the horrible death of it's owner. Thus finding the location of the murder, we made our way back to Trinsic, to inform the council of the crime, and to assemble a search party, finding Lord Ciro and bringing him in for the council to judge his actions and serve justice. Trinsic, while in decay since the great war and reclaimation of Britain, still had it's allies, and soon warriros answered the magicall call from around the country. Cochise, a Holy Paladin of the Ministry, Psycho of the warrior guild Hateful Target from Britain, and Nazgul a headhunter. Of this illustrious group it seems I've been the only one lacking combat experience for the the task, but despite the warning of the Council I decided to see the end of it. As we closed in on the hiding place it was obvious that he made precautions of his own. Reapers, creatures of dark magic, blasted their way through the forest, and a fierce battle broke out. I tried to dodge spells and stab with my bardiche whoever approached, but before I could notice I was hit by a spell from the side and fell from my ride. Narrowly hiding behind a treestump averting a second spell from hitting me full-on, I began running towars the white tent on the clearing. Right as I reached the clearing, Lord Ciro exited the tent, wearing full plate armor in the colour of vibrant blood, wielding a strange blade. As he murmured a spell pointing at me, I tried to duck but it was of no use. With deadly precision his spell flew towards me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What was the start of all this?
When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?
Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

But for a certainity, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...
Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
Whilst our laughter echoes,
Under cerulean skies...

Messages In This Thread
You stumble upon an old book titled "Keir's Treasure" - by imported_Gwynn - 12-27-2007, 04:23 AM
You stumble upon an old book titled "Keir's Treasure" - by imported_Gwynn - 12-27-2007, 12:58 PM
You stumble upon an old book titled "Keir's Treasure" - by imported_Vulcan - 12-27-2007, 08:34 PM
You stumble upon an old book titled "Keir's Treasure" - by imported_Gwynn - 12-27-2007, 11:25 PM