Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cannot cast harm spells on item's?

I was going to macro magery tonight, but then found out if i try to cast poison on an item the spell fizzles. Therefore I will be logging off for the night due to frustration from lack of possibilities I have found to macro it.

Seems kinda weird to "harm" items honestly. You could cast it on yourself or a creature either raise healing and resist or vet. There are plenty of other skills to cast as well, you could use the bless spells for easiest macroing or firefield for multiple gains.

Use Magic Arrow. 1 Reg and its a joke. took like 6 hours to GM Magery

Shade Wrote:Seems kinda weird to "harm" items honestly.

Ever punched a wall, or thrown a wrench?

Kind of on topic, kind of not: I am assuming that one can't train resist by using weaken or other nondamaging spell right? Would be easier to just macro it that way than having to script it so you don't die or buying bandages.

Eruliaf Cipe Wrote:Ever punched a wall, or thrown a wrench?

Yeah but the wall broke. Therefore if you could harm an item you might destroy it Tongue

Ramza Wrote:Kind of on topic, kind of not: I am assuming that one can't train resist by using weaken or other nondamaging spell right? Would be easier to just macro it that way than having to script it so you don't die or buying bandages.

Curse spells don't give resist gains. That could be changed though. I'd have to check if they can actually be resisted in the first place though because it would be silly to resist a spell without it being resisted to some degree.

Not scientific, but I tested weaken and got no gains, then used a fire field for a few minutes and got tons. Weaken or bless would still work magery at least. Resist seems to go pretty quick running up and down a firefield anyway.

Firefield is the fastest way to gain.

Protip: If you cast two fire fields, you get hit twice every time you step into it (double the gains, but double the damage)
Protip2: If you run back and forth in the field, you get hit much more often than just standing in it.

Couple those two tips and you'll GM Resist (or kill yourself) super quickly!