Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

So, I accidently bought 20,000 blank scrolls, and started inscription. I was wondering what the benefits of scrolls were. Is it just lower mana cost and cast failure rate?

Also what the fuck is a killbook?

Scrolls are faster than standard casting and take less mana but they do less damage. A quick guesstimate, without looking at the numbers, I think they are 42% faster take 44% less mana but do about 5% less damage. Again estimating here.
They work this way to advance the basic pvp a bit so that they become situational items, to make sure they aren't worthless but not the only pvp item either.

As for killbooks, they record the name of everyone you ever kill. Merely a book of bragging right.

awesome B> KillBook

I didn't know you could ACCIDENTALLY buy 20,000 blank scrolls. You'd think you would stop after the first thousand

There was a vendor that sold 20 stacks of 1000, for excessive prices too, 240k. Buy scripts that buy 160 scrolls buy all 20 of those, since they 'are' scrolls. This is UO though, shit happens, I can deal with the 120k I'm out if I were to buy them at the other vendors, its not ideal, but what can ya do.

Wait, I'm confused. Did you try to buy from the NPC with a buy script that ended up buying 20K?

I can refund them if you didn't mean to buy that many since that's a bug, but I'd like to try to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Well, I have my buyscript set to buy 160 scrolls which are usually 6g/e. I double clicked the guy on accident, thinking he was a reward vendor, and bought 20 1k groups of scrolls, since the buy script considered it a normal scroll.

My only complaint would be that the scroll prices are double the normal price, while everything else is equal or maybe 1-2g more per item. I've already used most of them, so it would be hard to refund them. If you were to lower the prices on the scrolls to match up, it would be hard to prove I actually bought 20 of them anyway.

EDIT: I went back to look, scrolls are going for 8g/e for 1000, im not sure if that was lowered, or I overlooked something when my eyes went red with rage when my buy agent bought them. I could have sworn I spent nearly 240k on 20k scrolls, not 160k

the razor system message doesn't give the right amount spent. When I buy regs it always tells me I spent more than I did.