Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I installed UO patched it and installed required files, then installed Razor. Whan I try to connect using razor or the UO client.exe I get the - server address can not be found and unkown origin error in game start up, any ideas?

Hm well, first off, you can't connect using the standard client.exe as the client is encrypted and will not be allowed to connect. Using third party programs "fixes" this issue and is the easiest way to connect. Just make sure in Razor the Patch client encryption is checked.

The first thing I can think of that would give such an error is a possible typo in the server field in razor. Just double check that everything is correct: imaginenation.dyndns.org port 2593

If that is correct, make sure you aren't using a 7+ client as these tend to have issues with our server. If you have patched too far, you can use the INPatcher to possibly correct this. Open the patcher, making sure the directories were correctly detected, and press the fix client button. This may not work if the client was patched fully up to date with the actual UO servers, as I have not tested it beyond the first few 7.0 clients.

If the login information in Razor is correct and the client is a 6.0 version, it could possibly be that an old Razor download was used. Make sure that your Razor version is 1.0.12 or higher, you can see this after hitting okay on the welcome screen as it will show in the title bar or you can select the Help & Status tab. This is the newest version of Razor just in case.

If all else fails, run everything as administrator.

If none of this is helping, let me know your client version, operating system and which method you used to patch our files.

Levatei Lasmanos Wrote:I installed UO patched it and installed required files, then installed Razor. Whan I try to connect using razor or the UO client.exe I get the - server address can not be found and unkown origin error in game start up, any ideas?

Hopefully you've figured it out by now but if you need my MSN it's [email protected]
I will walk you through everything on msn if you still need help.

thanks for the help dudes it was my Razor having problems with win7 got it sorted tho Smile