Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fishing suggestions. Please post here!

We need more risk to fishing. I have gone from 30% to 71% in a couple days now, and I have hardly had an encounter with monsters. The only real contact with monsters I have had were the ones I used a special fishing net to draw up. As of right now, there is almost 0% risk involved with deep sea fishing. There are only 3 monster types that I have seen so far aswell. They are: sea serpents, deep sea serpents, water elementals and a kraken. The krakens aren't even worth the fight except for rope and special fishing nets. There should be a higher amount of spawns in the sea, as well as, more monsters to fight. More rares should be obtainable from fishing aswell, but with a very low success rate of finding, giving the decorations a value. Rope as of now, its very common. Special fishing nets are common aswell. Decorations should be hard to obtain, and have a decent sale value to them. This gives a fisherman or a Pirate rper the chance to make money and enjoy his trade at the same time. There should be more fish to find aswell. The same fish over and over is pretty boring. Maybe we could fight an occasional octupi, or maybe a king star fish, baby star fish, lord star fish, etc. The possibilities are endless.

These are just some thoughts for right now. I will add more.

The highest priority, is making fishing deco items work again, then give more risk to it. But I would implement both at the same time. :/ Just some thoughts.

Well, once the other fishable items are reactivated the risk will go up, because you will fish up sea serpents and deep sea serpents. And the Treasure Maps etc etc will be on there corpses after you kill them.

As for risk in general, it has as much risk as any other resource gathering skill, your still at risk of being pk'd if someone comes by.

I have more opportunities to scratch my netherland regions before a pvper finds me, and thats whats bad. I want ship wars!!!! Tongue

Yarrrrr time to get your booty!!!