Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

speaking of mining

i was macroing mining surfing at the same time, then i needed to take a shit, went to bathroom, wasn't gone more than 20 mins.. i come back i'm jailed :/ i page and noone is there to answer me.. paged like 30 mins ago..

wtf!?

Thats the risk when going AFK...Rolleyes

Need Logs? PM Me.
Support Your Local Log-Dealer!
-> Mark Forums Read <-

dude what pisses me off is that noone is answering my page.. i hate it when gms go afk logged on instead of logging off.. at least when they're logged off u get a message that noone is on.. right now at least 1 gm is on.. no answer..

I must admit it sucks.. What's your chatlog saying ? Someone spoke to you.. before jailing ?

That must've been one epic shit if it took you 20 minutes.

[Image: sig.png]
First Ray of the New Rising Sun

He must eat like wicker chairs or something. Some hell of a fiber intake he has.

P!nk Dr@g0n Wrote:i was macroing mining surfing at the same time, then i needed to take a shit, went to bathroom, wasn't gone more than 20 mins.. i come back i'm jailed :/ i page and noone is there to answer me.. paged like 30 mins ago..

wtf!?

So lets clear things up a bit..

Here's an "answer" to your first question:

You were AFK for 20 minutes while mining. What was your character doing during those 20 minutes at IN-X? Now what is the punishment to what you were doing during those 20 minutes? Now think about that and then let me know if you still think the staffmember did something wrong.

The staffmembers should answer if you page tho, if they're online that is. But most staffmembers can't do much to change the punishment without talking to the staffmember who jailed you, and I guess that may be why some of them did not answer your page. What they can do however is to check your jail time and why you are jailed, and that is what I did when I saw your page.

Regarding if you will get an reduced sentence due to that you were back again after 20 minutes (if you were) is up to the staffmember who jailed you tho. But apparantly he has caught you many times before (at least that's what I've heard), but decided not to jail you those times, but instead send you to an dungeon as a "warning". That is by the way an real weird thing to do if you ask me, but I guess that is better than jail time for you, so you should be happy if that is all he did to you in the past, even tho I think it is the wrong way to treat AFK-miners. I'll talk to him about not doing that anymore in the future tho.

I'll tell the staffmember who jailed you to come to you in-game or post an answer in this thread to clear things up, but he did the right thing by jailing you, because you did AFK-mine, the question is just if he wants to reduce the sentence or make it stick the way it is now, and that is completely up to him to decide. The only reason the sentence might be reduced would be if you actually weren't "AFK" much, but only surfing the web and using the toilet or whatever, but that's not up to me to decide, so you'll have to talk to him about that.

Anyways, if he has actually seen you do it many times before, and if you do actually automine a lot while AFK, then I'd say your punishment should stick the way it is, no matter if you (as you phrased it yourself when I spoke to you in jail) "got caught" the other times or not. That way of phrasing yourself makes me believe that you do automine illegally, why otherwise would you phrase yourself that way?

Regards,
Hate

Hate Wrote:So lets clear things up a bit..
But apparantly he has caught you many times before (at least that's what I've heard), but decided not to jail you those times, but instead send you to an dungeon as a "warning"
Hate

I used to summon a mob, if they responded or ran away, they were good. If they did not run away, the mob killed them and took care of it all. This of course applied to a shard that no afk macroing was allowed. Therefore, this was commonly done in a house.

blablabla.. this has been worked out now

You know thats one thing that does create a hassle. When thinking about things, counselors should not have the .jail command, for they do not have the key abilities to explain a situation, or release such as .add or .release. This creates a hassle on both the counselor and the player if there was a mistake. In this situation, I believe if a player comes on the forums *****ing about a mistake like this, and provides a decent explanation, whether rude or polite, should be justified in his actions of taking a shit. I for one take anywhere from 1 minute to 30 minutes, depending on how much I eat. So you have to figure in an individual's personal attributes. It is daunting to wait 20 minutes, I would have jailed him for the same reason be unresponsive, but, to come out and beg like this trying to prove his innocence, is rather convincing enough he was justified by taking a shit. Although on the other hand, he could have stopped his macro, but without the prior knowledge of his lack of colon abilities, I still feel he is justified in his actions and deserves compensation, at least a get out of jail free card if he truely does screw up.

But then again, I'm just a peasant again. Not a higher up.

Stop talking Galens. Keep it all on a pad. No one listens here. Best thing is to be a silent majority. Then when the kids get bored of 3 button victories that astonishingly dont result in them not being called fat/ginger/short/spotty at school, they'll **** off and let intelligent adults inhabit the server. Intelligent adults with a steady income that is. See the plan?

*noted*