Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grim : Life Begins After Death [RP Item/Hue]

Grim is the name of my in game Character, I've decided not to play as Horacio anymore.

==================================================
…It seems my life began…when I died…

Back in my human years, I had always had a fondness for magic. The surge of energy you feel when shooting bolts of lightning from your fingers...nothing could top that. My interest slowly turned into an addiction. I had mastered everything there was to master at the Mages Academy in Lyceum. I hungered for more...

3 months after I had graduated, I was buying some reagents when I suddenly sensed a powerful presence. I turned to a see a tall, pale man shrouded in black and silver garments. He gave me no name. All he said was “East of Moonglow, near the Telescope…Midnight”. As frightening as he was, I somehow trusted his intentions. I decided to meet him there.

That evening, I arrived at the Telescopes. It was near pitch black, as the moon was nowhere to be seen. Thank God for Nightsight. I reached down for my reagent pouch to pull out what was needed for the spell, only to find nothing was there.

“Where is my –“I began to mutter, only to be interrupted by a loud, intimidating voice.
“Looking for you reagents, boy?” Spoke the voice from the darkness. Rain began to fall from the black sky.
“Who are you??” I yelled
“My name is not important, but you, boy, are very important. There is a great power hidden within you. Magic flows through your veins more naturally than usual. Our master has been looking for you for quite some time” Said the shadowed man.
“Our…master?” I replied.

As soon as I said that, Torches began to be ignited from all around me. I was able to see clearly now. Perhaps it was better left dark, as what I saw scared me more than anything I had ever seen. Creatures. Dead Creatures. Zombies, Vampires, and Skeletons wielding torches and weapons surrounded both me and the man.

“Do not fear boy…we do not want to hurt you…we just want…to kill you…make you like us!” Spoke the man calmly. I had nowhere to run, I was trapped. I could not fight back; he somehow took my pouch of Reagents.

“Take him!!” He said. A blunt object hit the back of my head.

…Darkness…

I woke up tied to a stone alter. I was indoors. There were brightly lit candles that had been dripping wax for like what seemed centuries. There were coloured glass windows. I was either in a cathedral…or a crypt. Dead creatures of all sorts surrounded me. The man who captured me walked through the crowd towards me.
“You’re new life is about to begin, boy. You have been destined for something more than mere humanity. You deserve…immortality and power.” Spoke the man.

“Why are you doing this to me?” I cried out, as most humans would.

“Don’t you understand? Out of the millions of people in our world, you have been chosen to lead the Armies of the Dead, when you are of course ready. He replied.

“Lead..? Armies..? I don’t understand!” I screamed.

“You do not have to, just yet” Said the man. The pale man slashed my arm with a rusty old dagger. Blood began to spill. He began painting a circle around the altar with my spilled blood. He then slit his wrists, and poured his blood over the circle, and the on my forehead.

“Please…ugh…stop…what are you doing to me?” I whispered in pain.

“This circle shall prevent your soul from exiting your body upon death. Most souls of the dead belong to their masters, yet you will be free from command. You can keep your soul, and you can take others, if you learn how to. You will understand our cause in time” The pale man spoke.

The Pale man licked the remaining blood from his hands and grinned. Once his hands were clean of blood, he pulled out a very old book with black leather bindings. It had runic text on the front. I had to learn ancient runic back in the Academy. It translated roughly to “Book of the Dead”.

The man chanted some unheard of Words of Power from the book, and then turned away from me. I began to shake violently. He turned back around; he was licking the bloodied blade he had used before. The man lunged towards me, and split my chest open. He then cracked my sternum with his bare hands, the only thing left protecting my heart. What happened next was the most painful feeling ever experienced, luckily, it was the last. My heart was ripped out of me, followed by my lungs. Breath ceased to enter or exit my body. I was dead…or was I? My eyes were wide open, staring into brownish-red eyes of my killer, but I wasn’t gone. I couldn’t breathe anymore, but...I didn’t need to. The man bandaged the gaping hole in my chest.

“You are no longer a man. You may still look like one for now, but that will slowly start to change. Blood no longer pumps through your system. Your body will begin to rot, and decay. Your “feelings”, and “emotions” will begin to fade, as your brain begins to break down. You cannot prevent your body from decaying, however this book has spells which can stop your brain from decaying. You will need that.” Said the Pale man, as he handed me the “Book of the Dead”.

I was speechless, what had happened?

“Take this rune, and if ever you need to speak with me, open a gate with it, I will come. If you have any family you wish to bid farewell to, you may want to do so. You are already a bit…Pale” He laughed.

The mysterious man spoke the words “Vas Rel Por” and a blue moongate opened.

“Wait…what’s your name?” I asked

“You shall learn all in good time. For now…just call me “The Watcher”” The Watcher said as he pushed me through the gate.

I appeared back in my hometown of Moonglow. Did that really happen? I touched my chest, I felt the hole. It really happened. I went home to collect my things. Both of my parents were working at the library right now. Probably better that way. I left home, and never looked back…

…That was 2 months ago. Time seems to slow down when you are dead. All I have is this Book of the Dead, and about 5000 gold. I found a spell which stopped my brain from decaying, and I also modified the spell to help slow my body from decay as well. My left arm is already near bone however. Luckily my face is still intact, so I am still able to enter cities for supplies. I don’t know what I am. I guess you could call me a Lich with a soul. But death still has a large affect on the mind. I can feel the madness screaming in the back of my brain. Only time shall tell. I do not dare open a gate with the rune that The Watcher gave me, as I still feel fear. I must first master this book, and discover who I am, and what I can do. I am dead…I am a Lich…I am…Grim.

============================================
skin hue #2567 (or something white with a bit of green)
skull mask with the same hue (eventually attached to my head like hair)
skeleton gloves with the same above hue

PM me or find me in game for detail please

Well done. You will begin being watched tonight. If you have other details you wanted to discuss ( as it seems you indicated at the end of your post ) then PM me or Page for me later on this evening.

Enjoyed reading Hora. Good to see you have found your place.