Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Minas the half blood murderer

It was a crisp spring morning as Minas awoke from his slumber. The scent of new life filled his nostrils, and again aroused his deepest desires. Desires that until recently he had never known, nor felt before. As he rose from his bed he pondered the strange and frightening dreams he had endured through the night. For weeks now he had been experiencing bizarre and wicked nightmares. They had all seemed so real. Some mornings he awoke with the screams of his victims still lingering in his ears. Of course these were only dreams, Minas could never commit such heinous crimes against humanity.. the very people he served daily with his work at the church. He would never betray his god, nor the minister who had taken him in and treated him as his own son. Minas had never known anything of his biological father, and knew only that his mother had died while birthing him. At an early age he had pledged his life to serving his church and its members. Although he had passed his youth, and would soon be reaching 21 years of age, he had decided not to leave the church that had given him all he had ever really known in life. Minas walked over to his small window which he had shaded with a thick black drape. Pulling back one edge slightly he peered out into the town, then quickly retreated. Why could he no longer enjoy the suns warm rays of light on his face, and furthermore hardly even bear it. Minas was going through many changes, and understood none. He had been growing stronger daily since he began having those dreams. Not only physically, but mentally as well. His senses were sharper than they had ever been. He decided he needed to talk to someone about the strange occurances that had entered his life. Today he would talk to the father, the only guidance he had ever known. As Minas approached the fathers quarters he could hear voices. In them he sensed sorrow, hate, and most of all fear. Upon reaching the fathers personal chamber Minas saw that the person who had been conversing with the father was the mayor of their small community. The mayor looked at minas in terror and made a hasty retreat.
Baffled Minas asked the father, "What has gotten into him?".
In a saddened yet calm tone the father replied, "There has been another murder my son."
Memories of the last nights gruesome nightmare came to Minas's mind as he replied, "Oh my, that is terrible news father. Who was the victim?"
"Another church member." said the father, "Ariana Sune."
At once Minas could see clearly the face of his victim. As he realized that his nightmares had been real life encounters, and that this must mean he had been murdering for weeks, he began to shudder. How could he have done these things?
The father noticing a change in Minas's demeanor said calmly, "This is not your fault my son."
Placing a hand on Minas's shoulder he continued, "I have been keeping a secret from you all these years, and I'm surely damned to hell for it."
"You're mother was a wonderful woman Minas, and an avid follow of our church's teachings."
"Roughly one week before you were to be born your parents were attacked in their sleep."
"You're father was murdered that night while freeing your mother from the beast's grasp"
"Your mother survived with only a few cuts, and a strange mark on her neck, as though she had been bitten."
Listening to the father recount the events that brought him to be, Minas could feel his pulse quicken and his stomache begin to churn violently.
The father continued with a solemn look on his weathered face, "Soon after you were brought into this world your mother began to change."
"I cared for her as long as a could my son, but rumor that the beast by which she was bitten my have been a vampire soon got out."
"I am afraid it was more than just a rumor." "Within days of your birth your mother was beyond my help, and in a rage no man could control."
"The townsmen heard her screams and moans, and soon they're fear turned to hate."
"They raided the church and drove a steak through your mothers heart."
At this Minas felt a surge of anger rush over him. Losing control of himself he grabbed the father by the throat and squeezed until blood ran over his fingers, and down the fathers robes. Slowly regaining control, and realizing what he had done Minas panicked. He fled the church he had called home for as long as he had lived. He left town as quickly as possible, and never returned. Minas spent months wandering the earth. Thinking always of the father who was murdered before his birth, the mother who was murdered after, and the father he had murdered himself. Every night he had a new nightmare. Only now he knew that they werent dreams at all. Only another side of him awaking to feed. What was he? All his life he had thought he was only human, just as his friends and fellow members of the church had been. Now he is a monster, a murderer. He lives in constant turmoil, hating not only his dark walker side, but his human side as well.

Sorry I'm a terrible writer, and this is my first attempt at anything like this. Please be gentle with your critiques. Just to summarize. He's half vampire.. half human.. His biological father was killed by a vampire.. his mother was killed by his townsmen.. and he killed his "father". Also he no longer has faith as you may have guessed. Not sure where hes going as far as guilds and such. Probably not going to join up with vampires, but maybe. I'd like to have him in a guild at some point, just not sure where he'd fit in. Anyway if you like it I wouldn't mind having his skin be rather pale, but not quite white. Also i think he should have a Black death shroud. I understand that comes with time. For now please just let me know what you think. Appreciated.