Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My economical take on things!!

Known Economical Issues!

1. You guys messed up the economy when you transferred stuff. You transferred money (Key to economy stability) and threw it all off. All the old players run around with 100’s of thousands of dollars while new players can’t make anything. You have unaccounted money. The economy has to make up for all that money before it will profit itself, stabilizes.

Let me explain:

You guys give no chance for the economy to regain itself. There is nothing to let it make money to balance itself out. The economy is going to be rich because well you transferred money in the first place. I can understand skills… but items (gold)?!? The first balance would have been tailoring…nerfed. Now it is mining! Mining is not that good in fact it is nerfed to a point. (The Gump). You
can’t gain enough iron to fund anything the gump stops that, plus the no afk macroing. You are going to spend COUNTLESS HOURS train mining. A handful of people only buying iron anyways, not enough to balance the server. The gump kills you and you lose you iron that slows economical growth. The skill is not easy to gain (Slows it even more).

2. No Supply and Demand! Everyone knows that for an economy to be self funding you need this…IT IS A MUST! (Ex. The only thing is trade is Scrolls, Pots, Mounts and mounts are rare. ) There are something like 52 skills in UO but yet 3 are being used! You need to create a must for the rest of the skills.

Let me explain:

You Gm mining only to sell the iron because well it takes 500k iron to GM Blacksmithing…. Glad I wasted my life cause of no afk macroing. What is the point to GM Blacksmithing… pvp uses 3 melee weapons (Hally, Bardy, Elven Bow which s bowcraft) and everyone is nude. So selling Armor is out of the question. Glad I wasted my time again.
FIX: Make crafted weapons strong and wearing armors a must.

So after you sell it you get money…. Odds are you macroed it away! Poor again!

Lumber jack is the same thing. Carpentry also so hard of a skill and for what reason… cause only a couple people can afford to Décor. their houses or even have houses….glad I wasted the countless hours on those skills
FIX: More house addons...stone on so. when money gets into the economy this will pick up. Colored logs.

Fishing what is the point to that skill, SOS, Special Nets? You make nothing off of selling them because no one wants them. Nothing good about them FIX: rewards are good just like Tmaps... make where a lvl 5 is worth doing and better then going hunting. they can still be hard.

Tailoring is good for a tub. WOW! After you get your tub what is the point? Make leather armor…. No cause well leather sucks and nude pvping.
FIX: make to where leather has a purpose, people need it for pvpin or another skill

Tinkering what is that skill used for?
FIX: Colored Craftable Items, House addons.

You want to skill gain to crawl and people to play and put in time, in exchange the economy is doing the same thing, it will kill the server. Player base has dropped!

That afk macroing don’t do anything to the economy. People are going to GM skills cause they want to not cause there is no afk macroing rule. Frankly with as high as the requirements are on crafting skills (500k bullshit) Many people don’t want to waste their time. Take it away and allow people a chance to make money.

The reason the economy is f**ked cause there is no DIVERSITY. Sphere as an emulator is not diverse, that is why everyone uses RunUO. RunUo has the economy standards of OSI. Everything works, there is a use to everything, skill caps, and on so. You guys scripting it like sphere you took out the diversity and means to the economy to function. Skills don’t work the way they are suppose to, or to the advantage you should have. You must make it to where it is not pointless to macro the economical skills (crafting). If that means making pvp, pvm, and whatever else different you guys better cause like Diabolical said the player base Is dropping!

NPC not restocking the items that are used the most slows shit down too

I'm that Crazy Muthaf*cka named Ice Cube!

why is it that no one replys to things?

Dont play then

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lamby Wrote:Dont play then

Intelligent. You must've been valedictorian.

Lamby you must of played Xuo....

Because even while several are your points are "good*," and most all your points are "valid*," it is still kindof "the same old crap" that has been said day in and day out.

*Your suggested Fixes are all pretty good. A few of the complains, IMO are, while not "good," still valid.

I don't, however, think that the disallowance of AFK Resource Gathering is what is causing the problem. That is only there so you can't go to sleep and then wake up with 100k worth of iron. If that were allowed, either you'd become a millionaire in a week, or you could GM blacksmithy almost effortlessly, which was not the goal.

People are going to gm it with or without the afk macroing. It is all based on what you want. Afk Macroing was allowed you would afk macro to get the iron to gm Blacksmithing. If there is not afk macroing you will just buy the iron. What is the difference either way you are not really working for it.

I am only trying to work with a small portion of the skills that help with running the economy. Crafting skills are the simplest. They make the players interact with each other the most.

The economy isn't running. I still don't understand what you don't see.

Zero profit from tailoring aside getting it for free. You can purchase bolts and make considerably less, which is wrong if you (in the real world) hand make things and sell them. After the process and production, the final product is then marked up. This isn't the case.

Smithing is barely worth it unless you have hours and hours and hours to spend mining, selling, mining.

I can almost see why AFK resource gathering is popular for two reasons:

Sapphire sets are already being worn. Oceanic sets already crafted and being worn. It's always great to have these high-rare sets (I'm assuming they're supposed to be rare) in great quantities. I'm sorry, for being open this amount of time, that's very quickly and too many.

No profit really from the skills in the early stages. Hell, I looted a crafted helm and sold it for 10 GPs, yet the daggers I make sell for 12 gps and I'm only at 52 and cannot even craft plate.

See? There's too many inconsistencies, too many people who have rarer things already, such as static houses. I don't mind skills as much as I do housing. That's just pulling money out of the economy from the get go. Reserving housing, reserving spots on the map will ruin the chances for people to actually get off the money they're sitting on and purchase it.

The ores need to be more rare. I'm seeing entirely too many rare sets already.

Skills transfers are going to bite you in the butt.

For the most part, Smurtle makes a lot of sense.

Transfers took a chunk out of every new person's ass.

It did. The higher end items that are crafted are going to be stored, horded, or basically form a monopoly.

There's no way to catch up when you start off behind and on an economical stance, the only way to counteract it is to force less money, or push more money into the economy.

This is done by either raising the costs of resources, via harder macroing or more expensive items, or lowering the costs and raising the rate that skills are gained.

It's not that hard people. It really isn't. Economics is a basic study of stuff, often times considered a science.

You want more people to prosper, make it easier. To want the economy to thin because it's too rich, make it harder.

It's not that hard. I can tell you right now, monster loots aren't the problem, it's the crafts.

I'm new here, and know little about economy, but in my experience, with the current ruleset, the economy is never going to be a strong point.

With no skillcap, you can eventually GM every production skill, and likely will over time. What else are you going to do once you've capped the skills you really want? Why raise some others of course. Once you have gotten the skills to produce what ever you want, it becomes pretty simple to farm out some mats and make whatever you need. Gold becomes pretty worthless, at any amount.

It doesn't have to be viewed as a bad thing, unless you are the type of player that focuses heavily on game economics. From a casual viewpoint, it allows for focusing on what you want to do, instead of how you are going to afford it. Start a character, raise enough skills to become efficient at killing monsters, use the rewards to raise skills to become more efficient.

Of course managing a virtual bank account is something I personally don't find fun.

If it is something you really need to enjoy your playtime, a shard with no skillcap might not be what you are looking for. In a no skillcap environment gold is destined to be devalued. What are you going to buy with it?

Edit: Also, whatever state the economy is in now, it is far to early to judge where it will be later, things still need to balance out. The shrink wrap is barely off =P

Hit the nail on the head.

But, there is a small chance to make some sort of economy from a shard with the ability to macro all your skills.

Some of the crafting items are worthless, by that I mean with the time needed to gather and the amount needed, you'll barely break even some times. That's even if everyone started at 0 in every craft.

The whole big thing is what can be done to make the economy carry some weight, but when craft skills are transfered and static housing given out, it's kind of a moot point to mention economy when it's set up from the start to fail.