Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Iron %

Iron is no way 25% chance. Old Copper and Rose are more common than Iron. I think that the tables dont work right. They check for mining chance then roll a % for the ore. But it should be a check for mining success then a check for ore type then a check vs Iron. Because as it stands at the moment, being on 85 mining starting from scratch its about a 10% chance to hit iron, and I'm being forced to leave tons of coloured ores behind to focus on Iron (which sells basically). And also as I level im getting more and more rarer ores. As I just passed 82.5 mining every other node was Opiate. There is something very wrong with the ore tables. Maybe its checking the highest you can get then the next etc ewtc, when it sould check the easiest first then on and on through the table.

sorry, please move this to bug reports.

Swanny Wrote:Iron is no way 25% chance. Old Copper and Rose are more common than Iron. I think that the tables dont work right. They check for mining chance then roll a % for the ore. But it should be a check for mining success then a check for ore type then a check vs Iron. Because as it stands at the moment, being on 85 mining starting from scratch its about a 10% chance to hit iron, and I'm being forced to leave tons of coloured ores behind to focus on Iron (which sells basically). And also as I level im getting more and more rarer ores. As I just passed 82.5 mining every other node was Opiate. There is something very wrong with the ore tables. Maybe its checking the highest you can get then the next etc ewtc, when it sould check the easiest first then on and on through the table.

Iron shows up in one in four veins at GM level. It is indeed 25%.

Heres an idea.

Create a "special" craftable pickaxe which requires GM Mining and 80+ tinkering to make. This pickaxe could reduce mining by 40%, which would therefore let you mine more iron even as a GM Miner.

2 cents

Horacio Wrote:Heres an idea.

Create a "special" craftable pickaxe which requires GM Mining and 80+ tinkering to make. This pickaxe could reduce mining by 40%, which would therefore let you mine more iron even as a GM Miner.

2 cents

Or you could make a miner that can only mine iron *smirks*.

Regards.

Make a miner and lock his skill at 49.9 .. you will mine a couple of shitty ingots but you will still mines more iron than normally

Or what about a series of axes that mine a colored or iron ore with a better chance of success of getting that specific ore?