Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Important for the server. What should be Fixed First

Personally i think Mining and Lumberjacking are way to hard... and also Stealth (from 70 to 100)

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

I agree with Elcid about Stealth, its batshit insane after 70

The only skill you have to worry about really is tailoring. The rewards for GMing tailoring are already enough (tub). So, I actually can see not making a profit from it, but the other skills do need some work. I recommend removing that forge and anvil further from the bank so they can't make a macro to put shit in or take from the bank.

OH well.

Shadok Wrote:Then make items other players wanna buy. I know players that makes quite a nice profit without being GM in there craft. I really don't see a problem in that. The house vendors are great for selling what items you can make with your craft skills. Also some skills are perfect for player to player trades. We have a really nice trading forum for that. As said i really can't see the problem in that. Except that peopel wanna be abel to make money standing afk in a guarded town making items to a vendor and wake up x amount og GP's richer.

Right now the shard has the worst economy and the circulation of gold comes only from the people who hunt. What shards have you been playing on? You are suppose to be able to craft items and sell to npcs for a reasonable price. There is no, go to sleep and wake up richer because they use resources you gather. Are you telling me that you think a gm blacksmith, carp or bowcrafter should be able to do NOTHING with ingots and logs other then make a loss or sell to players who are training the same skill? So maybe your guild has made some decent money so far, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there are problems with the economy. Stop be so selfish and prosper while everyone else struggles. I'm probably richer then people in your guild and I still say there is a problem.

Love Wrote:Shadok why don´t you let people make the list they want? ¬¬ Staff will decide.
Don´t do another complaining post, OMG
As far as i saw they just said economy and well frankely that can be a very large and overall thing they want change (though they did't say in which way they wanted it to be moved) or it can be a very specifik thing they want changed. So yes i ask cause you can't say fix the economy and belive evryone understand what they want fixed when there are alot of different views on how it should be.

Smurtle Wrote:Honestly, Shadok, you have to be blind. Because the statement was made that skill gain should be a bit easier so that they can see some gain, any gain, for the thousands they'd spend and the hours and hours of macroing, doesn't mean everything is fine.

Erhh as i can see it from the post above they have nothing to do with skill gain, only that peopel wanna be abel to make money while training a craft skill. Heck i really don't want the situation to be the same as in the start of IN:X where some peopel made 200-500k in the first few weeks just standing in a mage shop crafting and selling fireball scrolls AFK.
What comes to the gain rate of BS and some of the other crafting skill i have no clue and i have never said it's to fast or to slow i just know that it shouldent be easy.

Smurtle Wrote:Maybe on your end where your transfered skills come into play, or the people you know who make and get all this money.
I did't get any crafting skills with me, i am fine with training alchemy and drinking the pot, it's slow as hell and cost a nice amount of money but i manage, i can make pots and yes i have some frinds that can make me scrolls or other things that i need. Thats called a guild.

Love Wrote:Shadok why don´t you let people make the list they want? ¬¬ Staff will decide.
Don´t do another complaining post, OMG
They can make the lists as they want. But i don't see how it can help if you don't specify what you want changed about a subject on a list.
Also i really can't see how my posts here have anything to do about turning this into a complaining post. As far the critics i have brought up have been backed up with a explination of my oppinion and what i see wrong about the subject. In Denmark we call that positiv critisisme and not complaining.

Duke Wrote:Right now the shard has the worst economy and the circulation of gold comes only from the people who hunt. What shards have you been playing on? You are suppose to be able to craft items and sell to npcs for a reasonable price. There is no, go to sleep and wake up richer because they use resources you gather. Are you telling me that you think a gm blacksmith, carp or bowcrafter should be able to do NOTHING with ingots and logs other then make a loss or sell to players who are training the same skill? So maybe your guild has made some decent money so far, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that there are problems with the economy. Stop be so selfish and prosper while everyone else struggles. I'm probably richer then people in your guild and I still say there is a problem.
Aye right now the economy sucks thats true. But let's make the list of crafting skills with free resources.
Tinkers, BS, Fletchers, Tailors can all get the resources to train there skill for free. It takes some time yes and they get a bit of gold from it. I ain't saying they will get filthy rich by gathering there resources and selling what macro item they make to a vendor and they shouldent as long as they are training there skill.
The real problem as i see it is that Blacksmiths have no use of there skill, since it's pointless to buy armors for PvP, since armor gives no protection what so ever against spells. Fix that or bring in some AR bassed spells and you will start to see the crafters earn a decent living.
Tinkers have a nice market for there items, even though they ain't GM tinkering.
Tailors they get a sweet reward and the cotton fields and sheep farms makes it easy. While giving a profit.
Scribes and alchemists, well thank god the the prices on selling leser pots and fireball scrolls have been changed. (This was what i was refering to when i said you could go to sleep and wake up rich, you simpely made a macro to buy you resrouces when you were out and selling what ever item fireball etc... when the item was made)
Heck i ain't rich or anything, but a crafting skill should not bring in cash while you train it by selling items to NPC's and buying the raw materials from the same vendor. Thats what i am saying. Nor should you be abel to mine 1 iron ingot and turn it into 10GP when you sell what ever item crafted from it to a NPC.

But as i said fix the problem with armors being usefull in PvP and we will get a market for that, and that should in the end bring money to all the crafting skills.

Need pots or stangs drop me a PM, i got it all.

Ingame char: Es [SIN]

Good idea for a post.
However, we are already aware of everything posted so far. We just lack the devs to fix everything.
Crafting skills should be more profitable if you have GMd it, meaning you should get more from selling GM crafted stuff than regular crafted stuff.

About monsters loot. It would help if you told us exactly what monsters drop too little/too low. And dont just say they all drop too low gold, compare different mobs instead based on how hard they are to kill and then give your input. It makes it a lot easier for us to change it.

Kitiara Wrote:Economy of the server
Exactly how would you like the economy to change?

Kitiara Wrote:give more info about skills
What info would you want on skills?

Kyo Wrote:Roleplay Events
There will be more roleplay events soon. I know Calabose and Minax will want to host events when (if?) they become GMs. In the meantime they can get help from other staff members to help them out with their ideas.

Love Wrote:Adjust SKILLS as they were in Sphere in every aspect
Exactly what aspects? I think most skills are very "Sphereish" already. About failrates, I know I changed the failrates for blacksmithing. What else do you think should be changed?

Tabion Wrote:1. Make everything sphere style
2. Make everything else sphere style
Care to ellaborate? I thought most stuff was Sphere style already...

Tabion Wrote:Make armor and weapons more useful
I'm not touching PvP, and I don't think Maka will either. Maybe some tweaks, but that's about it.

Tabion Wrote:Fix hiding(to work correctly)! Fix Stealing!! Fix tracking to work like sphere
Hiding and stealing is on our to-do list. Tracking already works like Sphere unless you meant the menu?

Kano Wrote:Fix armor ratings.
I agree, plate should defenitely be more protective than leather. At least regular leather. I'll look into this

Kano Wrote:Fix skill gain
Honestly, I don't think it needs fixing.

Many of you say that the economy is screwed. How is it screwed? I need more input than that. Do people have too much money? Too little money? Should crafting and hunting be more balanced? etc. etc.

I don't have time to test all these stuff myself, so I have to rely on you to give input and be honest about stuff.

The economy is not screwed, but i think they feel its a little underactive. This could be helped by 2 things you already mentioned will be changed: making GM crafted items sell for more, and continuing to increase some hunting drops (on certain mobs).

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

Yeah I meant the tracking menu Big Grin I like the sphere one better!

As for making everything like sphere... its just a bunch of barely noticeable differences, ie: evs, hiding, crafting (fail rates still seem based on 120/powerscroll junk, minus alch, or maybe they are just unusually high), being able to lj a yew tree in like 4 spots, the way mobs agro is almost a total opposite, think you could cook individually, taming, etc. None of it is really important that I can think of but I just run into things daily and think its not sphere, unfortunately I forget half of it immediately.

As for mobs that drop too little: Elder Vampires or Altegaes (I think) are pretty much pointless to kill. They don't drop a vampire heart for starters and only drop 400ish gold. In comparison to normal vampires, which you can just sit back and ev if you want, this is unbalanced as vampires drop double the gold. Can't think of any specific other monsters right now, that one just stands out in my mind but I will go hunt around the world later.

As for people who think EVERYTHING drops crap loot, try killing things 5 or 6 times before complaining. Some things don't drop the same stuff every time and you may just be unlucky.

[Image: mariozl3.png]

I think a lot are more disappointed in the crafts because as they progress they do not see a real profit in the skill, other than possibly selling the harder to make armors to other players, and that's even if they bother to sell them. Tailoring is easily done with the cotton fields, so I don't see it being profitable, maybe outside making 1 or 2 gps extra on each thing sold, as opposed to each piece being worth one gold, crafted or not. The reward is a tub in the end, but I still think if you're going to risk running around, you should have a tiny bit of profit as opposed to actually coming out "Even" even though you harvested it for free.

The real money makers should probably be carpentry or smithy, as I can see them being used in more ways than anything else. I said earlier that with about ten to 15 minutes of mining I can average about 300 iron ingots. So, in an hour about 1200. From crafting those 1200 (this is at 51-55 smithy) at 150 a time at at 3 iron ingots per 150, averages out to almost 50-55 daggers per 150 load. I usually sell them for 10-12 gps on average. So, about 550 gps on average.

That's 1100 gps for every 15 minutes of work (a load of 300 ingots), so in an hour's time I can average 5500gps per hour. Provided I never fail.

That's about what I've managed to do everytime I've mined. When I get into a higher range I can compare them.

Bowcrafting I do mostly because I find it easier and less people are hacking wood in my area. I tend to make about 700gps per 400 logs. By making bows at 7 logs per piece. I sell them for an average of 17-21 gps per bow, so in about 57.1 bows per 400, that's about 970 gps when using the average 17 gps per bow price.

So, when comparing items, I make crappy bows that sell more per load than smithing makes and I don't have to worry about smelting and weight issues as much. So, smithy seems to be the bigger hassle for less money. That's not including if you buy ingots to raise it. But, to me that seems more like convenience but there should be..what, a standards? I'm gonna guess, from what I've mined, 6-7gps should be the going rate.

I'll do more analyzing of this if you want next week after finals.

Tabion Wrote:Yeah I meant the tracking menu Big Grin I like the sphere one better!

As for making everything like sphere... its just a bunch of barely noticeable differences, ie: evs, hiding, crafting (fail rates still seem based on 120/powerscroll junk, minus alch, or maybe they are just unusually high), being able to lj a yew tree in like 4 spots, the way mobs agro is almost a total opposite, think you could cook individually, taming, etc. None of it is really important that I can think of but I just run into things daily and think its not sphere, unfortunately I forget half of it immediately.

As for mobs that drop too little: Elder Vampires or Altegaes (I think) are pretty much pointless to kill. They don't drop a vampire heart for starters and only drop 400ish gold. In comparison to normal vampires, which you can just sit back and ev if you want, this is unbalanced as vampires drop double the gold. Can't think of any specific other monsters right now, that one just stands out in my mind but I will go hunt around the world later.

As for people who think EVERYTHING drops crap loot, try killing things 5 or 6 times before complaining. Some things don't drop the same stuff every time and you may just be unlucky.

See, you need to list things like Tabion did. You can't just generalize hunting every time.

1. Caster mobs seems way to fond of FS and they can cast stuff on u even if u cant cast on them = very annoying.

2. Maybe this is just me but im used to Titans drop Force/rarely power. Ophidians also Force/power (The harder ones obviously) Terathan Matriarch dropped vanq last shard i played on havent tried em here thou, Ogre Lords dropped Invul plate but they were harder then here.

3. Too much deco in Dungeouns = not enough space to move around.

4. No newbied rune to use as ur "I want to go to town and bank rune" Im lazy i admit but its boring to buy a new rune everytime i die and cant get to my corpse.

5. In some places there are too large groups of monsters too close meaning if its a group of 2-3 casters they can insta kill you.

6. Skillgain on Blacksmithy is to hard maybe up it just a little? Same for Carpentry.

Thats all i can think on atm, guess ppl will just think im lazy but i do play a game to relax and have a laugh not as my secondary fulltime job...