Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Staff interference

ScareCrow Wrote:Hmm, Vulcans a responsable guy, im sure he made a good decision.

I agree. Vulcan and Hawk have been two of the best staff I've seen so far. (sorry for those I have not met yet :p )

About half the time i have paged and gotten a note up in the upper left corner, have almost always lead to the page note being answeared and i have to page again, since i mostely page about bugs, and the bug get's confused with another bug. So i hardely see how that one way message can handel pages each time. Instead it's way more preffered if the staff members shos up and makes sure the issue is handeled correct.
So i really don't see the problem.
What comes to interfearing in a one sided PvP against a player getting help from a GM. I sure as hell understand the GM's why the are protecting the player. What should the GM's else do.
Should they half way through fixing the problem, just go invis, let the PK's kill the players asking for help and come back 10 min later when it's all over, start back up again on the problem, and have wasted all that time, where they could have helped several other players. No ****ing way. As far as i rember some players have complained about not getting help fast enough at times, on there pages, now you start to complain that the GM's are doing there job.
I say it's you thats disrespectullf, towards the player trying to get help, and the staff spending there free time to help others.

Need pots or stangs drop me a PM, i got it all.

Ingame char: Es [SIN]

Id rather have GMs active and seen around in a community who help out face to face and you can joke around with. I dont want some "behind the scenes" GM just sending messages. Much Respect to the staff, and Nostalgia, please never apply as a GM here, I dont think you're cold approach with stick with this community

Nostalgia Wrote:That is really unprofessional and annoying, on Hybrid, we would NEVER show up, we would never interact with PVP and if players had questions, we would send them a message, whats the use of showing yourself and interupting fights and such?

Let's see...

IN: R staff - Friendly, respectful, helpful
UOG: Hybrid staff - Rude, cold (that about sums it up)

I gave up paging on Hybrid. My questions were usually met with rude comments that were boredline insulting. The higher ups were generally nice but rarely did you get a response from them. And before you ask, no, they weren't "newb" questions. Most of my questions were about things unique to Hybrid.

Guys its not right to come out and lash out at him for this... Hybrid is a shard of 800+ players on at any one stage and an active community almost 1600+ strong... we are not even half that yet. Tongue

For a staff member on Hybrid getting to know people is hard. they would have anywhere from 50 to 100 pages queued at any one time and the last thing they would wont to do was answer every small question with a personal appearance... sometimes a simple message is all thats needed.

Here on INX we get at most 15 - 20 pages... most can be sorted with a quick in and out minute or so... and with only 15 - 20 pages we can quite easily have a bit of a social chat with players if we want to. However how would you like it if you page was sitting 80th in the queue and i wa shaving a social chat with someone...? So you can kinda see where his point of view would be coming from.

Anyway... i try not to pop in unless i can see someone is not busy, and for now i think the way it works is fine. People just need to understand that when staff are around not to attack anyone. Wink

Wow... If I was helping a player Personally and someone came by and started attacking them... That would be like a .kill + [send ghost to tiny little island. Its one thing to show up when PvP is already happening. But to stumble apon a Staff member helping a player and attack that player knowing he's being helped by the staff. RUDE!!

And I Don't wana hear a damn thing about Those People who call themselfs staff on Hybrid. They are the biggest bunch of Corrupt favoritist on UO period. (Which is the MAIN reason i left hybrid)

And also... more then 75% of the time when a GM sends a message instead of going to the player and talking things out... the problem dosn't get fixed, the player ends up sending more pages and it's this long drawn out process that could simply be avoided by just going to the player and having what we like to call "conversation".

I am The Good Father Juan.
Qui Tac Concentrat * Those who are silent, agree
All are born to observe order, But few are born to establish it.

Fear is not knowing what is, it is wondering what for.

[Image: meph28lu.jpg]

I have to throw in my 2$ cause I canBig Grin

If a player is getting helped by a GM why would you gank? Obviously theres something else going on and if you just have to kill them how bout a novel approach- sit around and wait for the problem to be resolved and when the person has a new found love for the game as its working properly....kill them:icon_twisted:
Simple- and while I'm sure the GM handled things as best he could at the time- next time perhaps if it is area specific and the pks dont listen to you- why not move them somewhere different? like jail- random forest- brit bank.....
just some thoughts

This thread made my day rofl

So there's a guy trying to solve a technical issue with a staff member, some guys come and decide it's normal to kill him.

The staff member doesn't loose his head and treats them with respect, asking them to stop, and they don't care..

And then I find it incredible they feel the staff lacked respect for them and come here to complain?

You should be glad that Vulcan didn't do anything worse, I would do it..

Do you guys have any common sense?

It's like getting into a store, pass everyone that is on the line to pay, then the vendor asks you to go to the end of the line like everyone, and you go like "WTF? why are you interfering with my shopping? I want to write in the complains book! I was never treated like this on other shops I go".

If you want people to respect you, respect them first, starting with the other players.

I hope that when you have a problem and you're trying to solve it, you get ganked and reskilled so you can learn a lesson.

Some people only learn when it has something to do with their own belly Smile

The fact that something like this can even happen, is sad. The player -who should be grateful he wasn't jailed for indefinite amount of time- creating a topic on the forums to whine about it, pathetic. -.-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What was the start of all this?
When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?
Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

But for a certainity, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...
Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
Whilst our laughter echoes,
Under cerulean skies...

Lady Minax Wrote:Guys its not right to come out and lash out at him for this... Hybrid is a shard of 800+ players on at any one stage and an active community almost 1600+ strong... we are not even half that yet. Tongue

For a staff member on Hybrid getting to know people is hard. they would have anywhere from 50 to 100 pages queued at any one time and the last thing they would wont to do was answer every small question with a personal appearance... sometimes a simple message is all thats needed.

Hopefully we will be as big in a few months Smile

About Hybrid, there wasnt really 50 to 100 pages.. maybe 20 because pages were answered all the time since there was always arround 5 counselors sitting in jail answering them, also, they were not allowed to answer a "yes" or a "no" they had to do complete sentences and such.

Theres not really 800 players on hybrid since you can multiclient on this shard.. 800/2 400.. Their admin once said that there was actually only 500 to 600 IPs connected to the shard which means that we are not too far from their playerbase Smile

Lady Minax Wrote:Here on INX we get at most 15 - 20 pages... most can be sorted with a quick in and out minute or so... and with only 15 - 20 pages we can quite easily have a bit of a social chat with players if we want to. However how would you like it if you page was sitting 80th in the queue and i wa shaving a social chat with someone...? So you can kinda see where his point of view would be coming from.

15 is like the maximum I've ever seen. Normally there are 0-5 pages.

I like active and social GM's .. I even like Odium stalking me in Minoc everyday :p

Need Logs? PM Me.
Support Your Local Log-Dealer!
-> Mark Forums Read <-