Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Go ahead and flame me.. but

I really think we should have house banks.

As it is now everyone is macroing at Brit bank, or well any other city bank.
Having house banks would spread people out in the world.. make it more active outside city's.

Also people who gather stuff like me who chops trees pretty much has to do it in a city.. because wheres the fun in moving 10k+ logs from your house to a city bank if i can only take 300-400 at a time.

IMO having house banks would spread people out in the world.
Also it would make chaos players life more interesting (hide behind houses kill people when they bank etc.)

Take a walk as it is now and you wont see anyone outside the cities.

I know many of you call it carebear.. but i fail to see how that can be carebear? Imo its carebear to stay safely in a town and bank..

Just my 2 cents.

And please don't make this an IN vs XUO thing since we are one big community now

Need Logs? PM Me.
Support Your Local Log-Dealer!
-> Mark Forums Read <-

Aghast Wrote:Also it would make chaos players life more interesting (hide behind houses kill people when they bank etc.)

chaos is intended this way here (chaos = pk) ??

anyway, u are safe in town with bank..then why u need a house? so i assume u want a house...now that u got town with bank and house with bank it become a little bit carebear imho..

How can having a bank at your house be carebear.. PK's can kill you when you bank at your house.. they cant kill you at brit bank.. So its more carebear to have brit bank really

edit*
I'm not talking about a house bank inside your house.. but at your house sign outside.

Need Logs? PM Me.
-> Mark Forums Read <-

Well ok.. so it's the same risk if (for example) i chop near my house then put logs inside(personally i think this is more risky than havin a bank at home)..u say u chop near town and not house...ok less risk to be pked but u need to carry them to ur house.
I think it's fine the way it is, also because i think towns should be the most populated place and bank is 60% of a town need..(with a nice rule against bank macroers ofc..now it's rlly sick)

House banks are carebear and there's nothing else to say about that. The purpose of there being no house banks is to force PKs to bank where they can always be killed. It's not carebear to have Brit bank or any other guarded bank for that matter. They choose not to be a PK, so they get the luxury of banking safely. You pick, safe banking, or pking people for their loot.

About moving resources. There's plenty of ways to move them. Recalling 400 in and banking them isn't hard, it would take you 3 trips max there and back.

Also, you can polymorph into a dragon getting a lot of strength and recall and bank them.

That being said, I believe there's way too many unguarded towns. From what I hear it's way too easy for a PK to bank. There should only be 2, 3 MAX. Especially with the player base still growing and macroing. It's not fun checking 5 cities looking for a fight. I personally liked it when it was just Bucs Den and Serpents Hold, then Occlo came (still not fond of that city).

So in conclusion stop whining about things being convenient, and take the extra time to do it like everyone else.

[SIZE="4"]____________Vote for IN:X______________[/SIZE]

[Image: Top100.jpg] [Image: votenew.jpg]
[SIZE="4"]____________________________________[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Diabolical [DSL]

Actually its the opposite why would i bother to take my logs to my house?

Theres no point for me chopping woods outside minoc. Because if i chopped near my house i would have to put the logs inside my house first and then carry them to the bank.. or recall to a bank when i coulden't carry anymore

Need Logs? PM Me.
-> Mark Forums Read <-

magicnia is unguarded too

aim: umba111
yahoo: deadbi_misociety44
msn: [email protected]
[SIGPIC]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1171/adtp6.gif[/SIGPIC]

Only thing disabling house banking really does is making resource gathering more of a pain in the ass. I don't see why would anyone want that though?

grab a pouch or backpack. Put all the resources you want to take to the bank. Set a hotkey for Recall and use it, then when you target your rune for the bank , pick up your bag of items. Then when you arive say bank and drop the bag into your bank. Easy peasy. Banking from home will be crap. It will make PK's start to camp peoples homes and the sad idiots get too much for free as it is. They have 90% of the mines covered and almost all towers. Dont let them have a reason to start house camping. It takes 2 seconds to transport to a bank. Far better than any other option.

Or you could visit a banker and pay 5gp for a commodity deed, put 50k logs into the deed and have it weigh like 5 stones.

Vulcan Wrote:Or you could visit a banker and pay 5gp for a commodity deed, put 50k logs into the deed and have it weigh like 5 stones.

/agree commodity deeds would sort this problem out Confusedurprised:

house bank are for lazy people....