Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MagicResistance...

In the past, it took some people 4 hours to GM it...

But since the last update.. it took me 10 firefields to get 1 point at 60.0...

I think it's a bit too hard.. You should be able to GM MagicResist at the same speed you would GM Magery.. Nope ?

Nex Wrote:In the past, it took some people 4 hours to GM it...

But since the last update.. it took me 10 firefields to get 1 point at 60.0...

I think it's a bit too hard.. You should be able to GM MagicResist at the same speed you would GM Magery.. Nope ?

Yah kinda pissing me off that they are making skills harder to gain, pretty unfair advantage since most of the people that need the skills are nubs and havnt got the time, and the people that have the skills all ready have it from a transfered char. Eh whatever though, what are u going to do.

We will not die this way , this is absolution
Death claims us no more
Do not grief, end the suffering
We will live, live eternal
~KSE

It's like Alchemy.. Some people gm'd when it was possible to sell low level pots to shop...

But at the moment, I think MagicResistance is way too hard...

Yes, they are "reharding" many skills! Sad
Don´t set too hard PVP skills, please...

do you Gm Magery in 4 hours from 60.0 ?

Man I hate to cry too but my resist has been stuck at 35.0 flat for the oast 8 hours

magic arrow doesn't raise resist past 35....

Not to counter any of you or start an argument but I feel skill gain is way too easy here compared to other shards I've played on. Then again, I played for 5 months before my char on another shard was really good.

Same here.

On one shard i trained magery from 50-80% in 400 hours(we had age system) and fishing from 50-100 in 140 hours.
But then again i was one of the best mages and one of 3 fishers and made millions out of it.

If it took 4 hours for some people to GM it before the update, it should take the same person 8 hours now since I made the skillgain twice as hard.
It's really easy to gain, just cast a firefield, run through it, heal, run back, heal again etc etc.

Taran Wrote:If it took 4 hours for some people to GM it before the update, it should take the same person 8 hours now since I made the skillgain twice as hard.
It's really easy to gain, just cast a firefield, run through it, heal, run back, heal again etc etc.

What for though? Why make it harder for people to gain PvP skills as all they are going to do is sit there and macro anyways. Just now for 2X longer. Which means twice as long until they are helping the economy and being an active player in the community. You are useless until you have GM some crafting skill or PvP skill. Why not aid it by making it a bit faster to help new players who are as of now, so disadvantaged compared to those who had an easier time when they themselves macro'd skills to GM. Why?

*edit* To be honest, in my own experience. The PvP skills such as Healing, Weapons, Magery, Tact. Take far too long. I Can't spend 8 hours a day macroing like a demon. I also cant always leave my computer on all day macroing. If you try and raise skills casually it could in practice take you weeks and weeks to be fully prepared to PvP with all the damn scrolls, pots, armors, and general amount of cash you need to support yourself. Why make it harder to become useful?

*re-edit* I am not asking to carebare the server as some people will think, but i have to PLAY like a carebear for a long time until i have a shot at taking on someone in PvP. Which is not fun, grinding, grinding, grinding...... Oh yeh .1% gain! only 15% until i can start grinding the next skill.

We are not going to make any more major changes to skillgain. I had to change magic resistance because I calucated the delay wrong, 4 hours to GM a skill is just ridiculous. Even 8 is actually, but I didn't want those that already GMd it to get such a good head start.