Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Born again(rp item/skin)

Vagabond. Hero. Bandit. Savior. Murderer.

A man is known by many names during his time, but no one ever knows the truth.

Born Kaytar of Moonglow, I learned many lessons as a child. Reading, writing, arithmetic, and many more lessons guided by a "little voice" telling us the difference between right and wrong. A conscious the called it... I just always believed that's who it was.

Aucifer the conscious. I'm sure he found that thought very entertaining.

As I became a young man, my formal studies focused more on the art of war. Swordplay, tactics, medical, strategy. All things that would be useful to a new adventurer in his travels, trying to make a name for himself. However he had other ideas as to how to use this skillset and the possibilities greatly interested him. He would lurk in my mind, making suggestions and comments, which I would suppress at first... but he made some very good points and more and more he seemed reasonable. I began to make decisions I immediately regretted. He started to make decisions I immediately regretted. And I had lost the struggle before it even began. He was no longer a voice in my head, I was a voice in his. And I soon went mute. What would my tender hearted mother say if she saw me like this? Probably "No, Kay, please, you don't have to do thi..."

That tender heart tasted even sweeter than I had imagined. She was just the first of many. My blood lust had been begun, and there was no telling what I was capable of doing.

After the unfortunate and unexplainable string of murders, the majority of my family line had died out. Moonglow offered nothing for me and I had to relocate before the guards found out. I took to the city of Paupa. A quite town. A deserted town. A bandit town. There I met Darren, a pale skinned fellow in a strange robe. There was something different about him, but he seemed just the right brand of crazy for me to think well of. I entertained his ramblings of legends regarding Goblins and Vampires. Is it possible there was someone more crazy than me?

I left him alive. I had enjoyed his story.

However, what if the crazy albino was telling the truth? It was a thought that crossed my mind often. I would never put much effort into the search, but I noticed myself paying more attention to insignificant details I normally wouldn't register, all in hopes of possibly confirming the rumor. A Vampire. What allure. What style. What power.

I must have it.

My search for the legend became an extremely active one. But it seemed the more I looked, the farther away I got from the truth. Until one very frustrated night, as I lay in an uncomfortable Inn bed...

"I heard you've been looking for us. Why do you care?" asked the stranger. He seemed familiar, but we had never met.
"I don't know you, old man. Is there a reason I should care?" I reached for my weapon, but it wasn't there.
He smirked at my efforts. "We are the creatures of the night. The Nosferatu. I know everything about you, even though you know nothing about yourself. We create chaos. We create war. We are evil incarnate. And no one is even sure if we exist. I heard about you a while back. You impressed one of our elders in a bandit town. We've followed you ever since. We are the power that you seek. We are Vampire. And I have come to collect your soul."

I had deduced his purpose before his last couple of sentences, but I kept a cool facade. But is this really what I wanted? I sought it for so long, but now I must make an educated decision on my next few words, for they will change my path forever.

To Hell with educated decisions.

"Lets go," was my reply.

The good in us is weaker, for we are born again. A child of darkness.

bumped for edit

Much better.

Short, Brief.... but very well written.

I Especially like this line "The good in us is weaker, for we are born again. A child of darkness."

I popped in to see you today but you werent there, ill be keeping an eye on you over the next few days.