Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why the Taming system is flawed.

Here's the deal, I'm sure you developers worked really hard on the current System that we use, But it is very flawed.

I've been searching for diffrent mount locations for a few weeks now, I've come up with three so far, Still I kept seeing new mounts pop up everywhere, I was like what the hell is going on seriously?

Anyways so I got in touch with a Counsler and a GM I believe it was Hawk and Vulcan, and they explained to me in detail how the Current Taming System works, with spawnpoits timer and such, And I was like wow this sounds great, All I need to do is check the spawnpoints every once a day.

And no one will be able to find my spots, and those who know I'll just have to beat to it, so no one will be able to get them....

Then I realized wait a minute, That's what everyone else has been doing.

Take the Guild SIN for example there's like 10 active players in that guild and they've got a Tamer who's abit lower in skill% then me. What they've done is being the lucky-first to find the locations, then they've kept the secrete safe inside their guild, and camped the spawnpoints everyday, so they be sure to get most if not ALL of them. And Myself and Others have problably runned right past all those spots more then once, because they've already tamed the Mount that spawned there, So what they can do is simply just keep taming those Mounts and no one will problably ever be able to find them, if they ain't extreamt lucky and run past it in the exact right moment..? I mean come on?

Are you guys telling me that, if I find the spot first? I get to keep every single mustang that spawns from that spawnpoint forever?

This is not why I spent more hours then anyone here has done on any skill for, this is not fun in anyway, You can't even make money of it, you've turned taming useless and unfair if you don't find the Spawnpoint first.

Yeah, whiney post I know, but it's true, I really hope something can be done about this. Thanks.

-Mag

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... They can't get away this time"

sry Magus ;/

"Time is never wasted when you'er wasted all the time"
"Spanking Since 1982"
ingame name: Bart von Horst [SIN]

I just tamed a yellow mustang and a blue orn today..

Need Logs? PM Me.
Support Your Local Log-Dealer!
-> Mark Forums Read <-

I think the issue is the taming skill itself isn't working properly. People with 0 taming can just as easily tame a stang than someone with 80 or 90 taming. People under 50 taming shouldn't really be able to tame a stang at all. It should take them like 3 or 4 hours at 50. Like 6 to 9 hours at 0 taming. Something like that. That is how it worked on sphere and that is why people actually trained taming.
Currently at 0 taming you can tame one in 5 minutes easily.

Personally I think it'd be better to just do it how it was on runUO and if you don't have the minimum skill you can't even attempt to tame a stang or orn. Either way the skill needs to be fixed and it should fix this issue.

In addition SIN would not have found spawns if it wasn't for the effort of the entire guild. For one man alone it will obviously be harder. You need to trade information with others about where they found things and buy and sell and trade spawn locations with others.

Selling Forges and Anvils, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Looms and Spinning Wheels, 15k Each, 25k for both.
Selling Water Troughs, 10k Each
Help me help you, contact info in my profile.

Skorpion Wrote:I think the issue is the taming skill itself isn't working properly. People with 0 taming can just as easily tame a stang than someone with 80 or 90 taming. People under 50 taming shouldn't really be able to tame a stang at all. It should take them like 3 or 4 hours at 50. Like 6 to 9 hours at 0 taming. Something like that. That is how it worked on sphere and that is why people actually trained taming.
Currently at 0 taming you can tame one in 5 minutes easily.

Personally I think it'd be better to just do it how it was on runUO and if you don't have the minimum skill you can't even attempt to tame a stang or orn. Either way the skill needs to be fixed and it should fix this issue.

In addition SIN would not have found spawns if it wasn't for the effort of the entire guild. For one man alone it will obviously be harder. You need to trade information with others about where they found things and buy and sell and trade spawn locations with others.

I agree with everything your saying, but for the last part, you still know of them before me, and because of that you can tame ALOt more then me and I've still got to be REALLY lucky to be able to find them, and that goes for the rest of empire aswell.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... They can't get away this time"

Magus you have found 3 spawn locations. SIN so far have is it 6 or 7 locations. But we are 14 members in the guild and almost all of us have been running around like madmen for days searching for the spawnpoints, so you got 3 your self, we got 6-7 from 10-14 players work.
I hardely see how that is unfair, that we got around twice as many spawn points as you have alone. As already said, trade spawn points with other players, thats what we do.
Also we can't camp a spawnpoint, the spawn timer is something around 24 houers for the common rare mounts. So that mean that we after 24 houer from the last mount have been tamed, we should return and sit at the location, i highely doubt we will do that. If we do. Well then start looking for SIN'ers out in the wild.

Need pots or stangs drop me a PM, i got it all.

Ingame char: Es [SIN]

Shadok Wrote:Magus you have found 3 spawn locations. SIN so far have is it 6 or 7 locations. But we are 14 members in the guild and almost all of us have been running around like madmen for days searching for the spawnpoints, so you got 3 your self, we got 6-7 from 10-14 players work.
I hardely see how that is unfair, that we got around twice as many spawn points as you have alone. As already said, trade spawn points with other players, thats what we do.
Also we can't camp a spawnpoint, the spawn timer is something around 12-24 houers for the common rare mounts. So that mean that we after 12 houer from the last mount have been tamed, we should return and sit at the location for up to 12 houers, i highely doubt we will do that. If we do. Well then start looking for SIN'ers out in the wild.

Your missinturpeting what I'm saying, I'm not saying you did a bad job or anything. I'm saying that now that you know of the spawnpoints and most other's don't you can check for them everyday, and you know where they will spawn so when it has you get them within a very small time. while other's cant wich let's you camp them. And have a HUGE advantage because you found them first because all you need to do is recall a few times a day, and if your whole guild is doing that, well.. chances are you'll get it first.. and if you are really seriouse about only your guild getting them, you could "own" the spawnpoints. And it's true, you could.

Is this thread serious? You're upset because a guild is camping a spawnpoint and taking all the rides that you want. Umm... lol? Go do something about it. There's nothing wrong with the system just because you don't have spawnpoints "to yourself". Props to SIN or wahtever for finding the spawnpoints before anyone else. It's their right to camp them.

How did it work on IN1 back in the day when spawns were out in the open? Did they spawn every 10 minutes? I never tamed anything on IN1.

I cant really remember any spawns from IN1 that were out in the open. Most spawns had uber tough monsters guarding them, and there were a lot of times the mount died before you could tame it.

Maybe it would be better if they spawned on every random location, be it a lower % ofcourse.

[Image: sigpic786_3.gif]

Kano Wrote:Is this thread serious? You're upset because a guild is camping a spawnpoint and taking all the rides that you want. Umm... lol? Go do something about it. There's nothing wrong with the system just because you don't have spawnpoints "to yourself". Props to SIN or wahtever for finding the spawnpoints before anyone else. It's their right to camp them.

I'm not you read my post good enough, The problem is that they can keep it forever, and no one can do anything about it with the current taming system... but yeah im just whiner who wants all the mounts for himself, i mean nothing wrong with owning every spawn in the world, so no one else can tame anything for a year, i mean come on?