Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mystical Fishing Nets

The despawn timer is a bit short. T-maps last at least 4x longer if I remember correctly. T-maps you have a bit more control, horse movement is a bit quicker allowing you to maneuver a bit easier.

As it stands right now, you summon something and hope the liches target them instead of yourself, as your boat slowly moves into range, otherwise you move in one square get hit by 3-4 liches before you can see them, and turn your boat around and head to a healer as a ghost.

If you do get lucky enough for them to target your summon, the odd explosion has them switch targets to you and burn you down before you can get your boat out of the way.

Once you get through the liches, you have a captain to deal with, and his summons. Which can put you up to an extra 10-20 mobs to clear out before you head for the loot.

It typically despawns while I'm clearing the final two or three summons. Keep in mind, I'm using a vanq bow, which the majority of players won't have, as they are incredibly uncommon.

Pro-Tip: Use a large boat and turn it to point to the other boat. -- |

Then, you can run back and forth to get in and out of range of the liches and in range to cast summons. If it looks like they're targeting you or if you get low, you can run away from their ship and out of range.

As for dying at sea, we need to come up with some solution for that, because you usually can't take a boat back to town, res at a healer, and make it back to your body before you die. My first thought was to add some kind of healers to the ocean that can swim with their bodyvalues changed to some kind of thing with wings or a water elemental. But then boats would be knocking into them all the time. Hmm.

I would summon like 3 daemons on my boat before I tossed the net and med up a bit. Right after tossing I would invis and cast an EV on the boat followed by all kill. Assuming I could use prov or peace, I would put them to work in between shots with a bow. Possibly casting a firefield or two or maybe another ev if mana has replenished enough during the fight. I would also probably go to start lockpicking the chest before everything dies and begin looting while finishing up the mobs. But thats me Smile

I can see lengthening the despawn time on them, not really a problem.

Also, about getting killed at sea. I've always used stuck option, quick res and recall. Another ghetto solution is to have your boat moving while you log out. When you log back in you are tossed to the nearest shore. I haven't done that in forever but I think thats how it is by default.

It is rough to die at sea though and I would like to see some form of solution as to where it would put it on par with getting killed in a dungeon.

I've only ever been able to summon 2 daemons at a time. I also wasnt able to provo anything, saying they were too far away, even though they were maybe 2-3 squares away from me.

EVs get destroyed pretty easily by the captain and minions, which is fine.

Nothing is wrong with the difficulty of the spawn, it is tough, but it just despawns too quick.

Another fun trick is to just cast Blade Spirits, let the monsters all group together, then a lich will cast Explosion and they'll all end up fighting each other. lol

I managed to clear one just now, I tried the BS trick. Unfortunately they switched back to me after the BS died regardless of if they casted Explosion or not.

I was able to provoke this time, I must have fished it up in a bad spot earlier.

This time I had two named liches and two lich lords. I basically had to cast daemons until they ran out of mana to be able to do anything, they tore through my initial 2 in about 10-12 seconds.

The loot is equivalent of a Level 5 map by the looks of it, considering you only get 1k gold per level of your Tmap. Unfortunately you actually have to kill everything to get to this chest, whereas Tmaps you can lure them off and hide by the chest while you loot.

Had I not just had a daemon tank the second named lich while I booked it for the chest, I would not have made it in time.