Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Strange One (rp story)

It was in the graveyard were she found her kicks, this young girl new to the outside world. It was as if she had lived in a box all of her life for she knew nothing about fighting or economy or anything of the sort. Then again, when you are born with a few mental ticks, people don't really feel to associate with you, so she figured that the graveyard was the safest place for her. It had been for the past few years since her parents were killed by robbers, leaving her alone, and that was what began her fixation with her "new home". Today though, was different, today was the begining of a new life for her, outside of her strange little dwelling.

Priest
" Should you still be here girl? iIt's late, Have you no home to go to? You disturb the dead. "

JD
"The dead are dead, father" *flips her long black hair from her eyes as she looks up at the man standing over her*"besides, i do not think my parents would mind if i visited them here. I believe they love seeing me here if they can."

Priest
"either way, you must leave this place now." * turns and makes a hand motion to show her the way out* "i don't understand why we must go through this every night."

JD
" Nor do I. You should just let me stay" * walks past him and in through the back of the church then out the front door onto the semi-abandoned street* "not much night life" *sighs*

Our girl with the long black hair dressed in blue mages robes, she had found dropped on the ground, began to walk towards the bank, usually people at the bank could give her food or a couple gold peices if she asked nice enough. Upon arriving at the bank she saw something strange, it was empty...

JD
"the britian bank is NEVER empty, what sort of trickery is this?"

She walked closer and felt a strange and dark aura surrounding the building, it was almost enough to make her sick. Then she saw a man fighting with what looked to be a demon. A scream escaped her lips then

Jd was staring at the bank. It was filled with the right amount of people, mostly campers training their skill in a safe area. JD always had an overactive imagination. She smiled and rolled her eyes

JD
"i wish that would have been real."

She walked forward to one of the people practicing a clumsy spell

JD
"can you spare ohms for a sick woman?"

Man
"Should you not make yourself gold?"

JD
"I haven't been taught how, nor do i have the gold to buy training in any skills."

Man
"hmmmm.... I believe i can help you. My name is Gale, what about you?"

JD
"people just call me jd, it is more simple."

The man nodded and motioned her to come closer to him. He then gave her a bag of magic ingredients and a spell book with a few mediocre spells in it. She took it and looked them both over before taking the bag she wore slung over her shoulder off and putting the ingredients into it. She then looked up at him and thanked him.

Gale
"It is no problem, girl, I would ask you now though, to pay attention to my every word, i am training you now and as your trainer i expect nothing but the utmost respect and attention."

Jd nodded, a little confused. Did this mean she wasn't living in the graveyard anymore? She was too caught up in the moment to care though, because she felt this man might actually bring her some fortune and take her from her hellish existance. IF she was trained and could fight and hunt, she could make money, then buy the graveyard from the church and put a house on it. Then she'd live with her parents for always.

JD
"when do we begin?"

Gale
"we begin tommorrow, but for now sleep. we shall get you more supplys and i shall show you your first lessons."

Jd nodded again and turned to leave. she then stopped and turned back

JD
"meet here tommorrow?"

Gale
"of course" *smiles*

Jd then smiled back and left. She went to the bridge on the other side of town were the miners cross to get back and forth to the mines, climbed down the steep embankment and snuggled in underneath it. Tommorrow would be filled with many great things. She looked up to see a blue and black butterfly, it was fluttering around in a zig zag fashion, then it caught fire and burnt to ash. Jd blinked and the butterfly was gone, as if it was never there. She shrugged the normally strange occurance off, for to her this was normality and she wasn't about to be stressed out now. Now she could find a way to make money. She yawned and fell into a dreamless sleep.

(cont. when my hands stop hurting)

complicated, self addicted
feeling like i'm twisted
i'm gonna fight it (what ever it may be)
compensated, self sedated
feeling bored and faded
i gotta find you (wherever you may be)
soul conflicted, self inflicted
feeling like i'm driftin'
i gotta find me (wherever i may be)

So came the next day. JD had met up with her new trainer, Gale, and together they set out, but not before buying some needed supplies. The man had bought her a long sword which she found somewhat difficult to hold right, due to it's size, and more magic supply. They were to train her swordmanship and her magic skill on simple easy creatures. Since she refused to kill kittens puppies or horsies (as she called them) they set out to into the newbie dungeon. During the coarse of their training JD ended up getting hit alot, but as she went further into the dungeon her skills seemed to get better. She moved away from attacks quicker and she could hit more accurately. She enjoyed this, it maid her feel strong. After a days worth of fighting the extremely tired pair went outside of the dungeon and sat outside britian bank for a few to talk over the plans for the next day.

JD
"that was so fun. "smiles" We should do that... like every day"

GALE
"we will, untill you are trained well enough"

JD
"good, i think that it is for the best. "yawns" well now i am tired so i will take my leave, tomorrow we will meet here again and do it all over."

Gale
"yes, i believe that is a good idea. Farewell JD"

JD
*nods* "goodbye Gale."

JD made her way back to the bridge and again climbed the steep embankment to go underneath. When she got there she saw a green gnome sitting were she slept.

JD
"what are you doing here?"

Gnome
"sitting. What does it look like?"

JD
"this is MY shelter"

Gnome
*shrugs*"theres room for two is there not?"

JD
grrrrr "you smell funny, go away"

Gnome
"well you're crazy"

JD
"what makes you say that"

Gnome
"becuase i'm not even real" *poofs out of existance*

JD sighed and walked over to her spot to lay down, mumbling bad things about gnomes under her breath. She slept well that night, dreamless as always.The next day brought the same things, along with the next and the next. After about a month of training the newbie dungeon with both swordsmanship and magic her trainer brought her to harder dungeons outside of britain. She found that after months of training spells and fighting came quite easily to her, and she was stronger too. The sword was light in her hand and the armor she began to wear almost felt like the robes she started out with. At the end of a year Gale left her to wander and make her own living, upon were she started to make her money. She didn't buy anything meaningless at all and rarely ate or slept, her main concern was with acquiring the money to buy her parents graveyard. Along the way in her journey she met another person, who graciously helped her out. This woman was named Ares. As they traveled together, Ares balanced JD's craziness. When JD would hallucinate, Ares would tell her that it wasn't real, helping her distinguish fact from reality. Even though the gnome still taunted JD her craziness seemed to be controlled. Eventually, after about two years of saving JD had the money to buy her graveyard, with much objection from Ares.

Ares
"are you really thinking about buying a graveyard? I mean you'd have to buy the whole church wouldn't you?"

JD
"so? what's so bad about buying a church? It's my family in there, and i want to be with them. They love me and they miss me when i'm not there, the little gnome even said so"

Ares
"the little gnome isn't real, in the first place, secondly you're family is dead, they are in another world. Just becuase you are with their bodies doesn't mean that you are with them"

JD
"And just becuase you can't see gwayn my green gnome doesn't mean he's not there either. And besides, i want to be with my family and that's the end of it. So i am going to buy the britian church and make it my home and be with my family."

Ares
"the church is the home of the gods. I doubt that they would relocate for 100,000 gold or 1,000,000 gold. They are more faithful than that."

JD
"what's so great about that land that they have to have the church their anyway? Is it sacred? Did the gods piss on that land and now it's holy? I think not. It's just anyother land and any land can be bought and i will buy this land becuase i want to be with my family."

Ares
*sigh* "whatever, you'll see, You can't buy the church, it's impossible."

JD
"oh, i'll buy the church you'll see. Just like the little green gnome said i couldn't kill a dragon, and i did."

Ares rolled her eyes and shook her head as they walked onward towards britian. The bank was in the center of the town and it took about 4 hours walk to get there from were they were. JD stopped by the bank and withdrew her money. After taking out all she had (a substantial amount) she walked behind the bank were the church was. She recognized the pastor and walked straight up to him. Ares followed her with a look of worry on her face.

Priest
"Alas, The poor insane one. How has life treated you child? Where have you been?"

JD
"i've been obtaining money, to buy your church. I want it to be my home, so i can live with my parents and never have to leave them.

Priest
*laugh* "you are joking right? You can not buy a church. This is the home of the gods. No amount of money could make you so lucky."

JD
"I will give you enough money to relocate and buy everything you need for a new church plus enough to feed a hundred homeless for 5 years"

Priest
"hmmm. come inside"

JD left Ares standing outside , dumbstruck by just happened. After about an hour JD came out of the church with a smile on her face.

JD
"we stay here tonight my friend "

Ares
"what happened?"

JD
"Gold is always stronger than faith"

And so JD bought her church and lived in it with her parents dead bodies in the grave yard, never having to be sent away when the night fell again.

THE END

(I don't know if i want an item... )

complicated, self addicted
feeling like i'm twisted
i'm gonna fight it (what ever it may be)
compensated, self sedated
feeling bored and faded
i gotta find you (wherever you may be)
soul conflicted, self inflicted
feeling like i'm driftin'
i gotta find me (wherever i may be)