Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Weapon Selection

Now I expect plenty of flames from those who "like" this system or are used to it. And that is fine but it flat out doesn't make sense.

I will warn you, I am really not worried about what is 100% Sphere, Sometimes shit just doesn't make sense and it needs to be relooked at.

Weapon Selection.

Ok, So, What weapons Do people Use?

Bardiches....BattleAxes...Occasionally Halberds.

Thats it, Oh and Elven Bows but those will be nerfed soon.

So I understand Bardiches are the best, point blank. You know what, Thats fine, terrific. But what about all the other weapons? I mean, a Qstaff of Vanquishing, is Terrible. Let alone the DMG that Vanquishing adds seems to not matter UNLESS its a Bardiche/Battleaxe/Halberd.

There are hundreds of weapons, well not hundreds but a lot. And its downright silly that only 3 of them are used.

Fencing and Macing and Archery all need weapons on par with the bardiche, and the fact that we have to spam double click(because attack last apparently doesn't work) makes it all the more annoying to get that ever prevalent Kill Shot.

Having more weapons being useful will Boost the Economy for crafters, and allow some god damn diversity into this server.

Im not saying Make anyones precious Bardiches worse, Im saying pull the other weapons up so they are near them.

Flame On.

Id have to agree... id love to have a staff on vanq that did some decent damage... otherwise they just become useless ornaments...

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

I agree. We need MORE diversity in the shard. Not low level items, HIGH level items. Extremely rare items. It would also benefit for balanced weapons for fencing. I grandmastered parrying,tactics and fencing. I know fencing does hardly any damage at all. It doesn't help that its faster, wow, I could slaughter an executioner in like 4-5 hits with a sword. A fencing weapon would take me a lot more. The only decent thing about mace fighting is the stamina drain. Its completely ridiculous anyhow. Who in their right mind would pk with full weight?? Or overweight for the matter? It also takes to many hits to drain the stamina bar. It isn't balanced whatsoever.

*bump*

Try war hammer. It's actually useful in PvP.

I use a fish pole, Smile (and sometimes a pickaxe)

Pum Pum Plaka Plaka

Don't you know I'm Loco?

I use my Spellbook..

Bow Down To The ScareKing! jeje

[Image: scarecrowinxkd2.gif]

This isn't about you guys NOT using weapons, its about what weapons are useful.

If your not going to say something constructive, don't speak at all.

I agree 100% about the lack of weapon diversity.

With Fencing, the Warfork is by far the strongest weapon. It is as it should be, since while it is stronger than most swords, it is actualy slightly slower than them (which is still fine, there is always the kryss if you want to be fast).

The short spear is the next best thing, but actually isn't much stronger than the warfork (despite being two-handed). Its speed is about between the warfork and kryss, but its strength doesn't seem right (not like going from almost any sword to almost any axe). Lastly, the regular spear is almost useless. It isnt any stronger than the short spear from the small amount of testing I did (I was quickly discouraged by the disappointing effectiveness), but it is significantly slower.

Then, at the same time, a halberd of ruin can do 60+ damage in one hit on somebody wearing full Shadow WITH a Shadow heater (what, like 55-60AR?)... Does a Vanq Hally give 1-hit kills? Heh.

Not complaining, as I can always adapt (and planned on it), just adding my findings to the thread if the Staff decides to follow up on it.

I agree with you. It is boring seeing 2 weaps all the time.

Yeah definitely agree. I am a fan of fencing weps but they serve no use to me right now compared to swords. If I wanted to hunt or pvp with a spear or staff it should be possible to do near the amount of its sword counterpart.

At least we should have some craftable weps soon so that might add a bit to the diversity.

[Image: mariozl3.png]

wasnt the point of fencing weapons to apply poisons hence the speeds? I used to use a kryss with deadly poison and the damage quadrupled. made it entirely worthy as a weapon. But yeah there deffo needs to be a reason to use say a heavy crossbow or a double headed axe rather than a bardiche or a elven bow. Its awful when number crunching reduces the shard to clones.