Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tone of discussions

Read alot of topics by now, and I have one main concern when reading them. It is the tone they tend to develop in into.
Right now the shard is in Beta. I say that again cause that is very important for peopel to understand, if we are to go ahead with this great project that IN:X is.
Beta, now rember that.
This means that the forum is mostely used to discus good or bad things about the shard, things that need to be changed for some, and things that other wanna keep as they are.
There are as many oppinions on things as we are players and staff members. Most are from IN and XUO, and then we have some newcommers.
But some how as i started out with, the tone of the debates are to say it gently ****ed.
The general idear of generalising is
IN'ers like to yell out carebear to evrything and all they do is RP
X'ers yell out noob and i can kick your ass any time
etc...
The above is a rough statment i know, but the main point is, if we are to disccus anything in a constructive way. Then lets us break down the ohh your a IN noob and your a x carebear. Let's keep the discussions in a civil way. If you can't argue for your oppinion simpely don't post. cause a fast post telling some one to **** of ain't helping anyone in fixing and tweaking this server..
Then let's save all the flame wars and drame, to when the server is as it should be, and we get the guild wars and house lootings going.
So let's finish this post of to announce us all as IN:X'ers not IN'ers, X'ers or newcommers.
Thanks for your time, now i just hope this helps for a day or two.

Need pots or stangs drop me a PM, i got it all.

Ingame char: Es [SIN]

Exactly. Some people just want to be smart alecks about it and bash it with the word carebear, or some people just want to be outstanding pricks.

Both sides need to abide or it won't work.

Good post Shadok.

I get your point. Yet i've no doubt this post will too turn into a flame war. :/

[Image: nori32ef6.png]
-Ya. I'm Oracle. Cry more.

It's inevitable someone will come on and start spraying "Carebears" around and I'll get pissed about that and turn it into something bigger. Rolleyes

Shadok Wrote:Read alot of topics by now, and I have one main concern when reading them. It is the tone they tend to develop in into.
Right now the shard is in Beta. I say that again cause that is very important for peopel to understand, if we are to go ahead with this great project that IN:X is.
Beta, now rember that.
This means that the forum is mostely used to discus good or bad things about the shard, things that need to be changed for some, and things that other wanna keep as they are.
There are as many oppinions on things as we are players and staff members. Most are from IN and XUO, and then we have some newcommers.
But some how as i started out with, the tone of the debates are to say it gently ****ed.
etc...
The above is a rough statment i know, but the main point is, if we are to disccus anything in a constructive way. Then lets us break down the ohh your a IN noob and your a x carebear. Let's keep the discussions in a civil way. If you can't argue for your oppinion simpely don't post. cause a fast post telling some one to **** of ain't helping anyone in fixing and tweaking this server..
Then let's save all the flame wars and drame, to when the server is as it should be, and we get the guild wars and house lootings going.
So let's finish this post of to announce us all as IN:X'ers not IN'ers, X'ers or newcommers.

:thumbsup:

Need Logs? PM Me.
Support Your Local Log-Dealer!
-> Mark Forums Read <-

Well said Shadok. I might remind people that if you're in a thread with heated debate and somebody does enter into it as an ass, its better to give them minimal credit and hardly respond to their post at all, than to blow up against it and try to fight them. If you're a sensible person, don't pay too much attention to that kind of debate. Other sensible people will do the same, and your opinion will be of a more respected caliber.

[Image: Cole_Green.JPG]

I think it is great to start ingame battles on the forums, just not in issues that addresses the shards future and development. They need to stay somewhat clear and factual to make it easier for the administration that will benefit the server.

maka Wrote:I think it is great to start ingame battles on the forums, just not in issues that addresses the shards future and development. They need to stay somewhat clear and factual to make it easier for the administration that will benefit the server.

Couldn't agree more.

Smurtle Wrote:It's inevitable someone will come on and start spraying "Carebears" around and I'll get pissed about that and turn it into something bigger. Rolleyes

Smurtle Wrote:Exactly. Some people just want to be smart alecks about it and bash it with the word carebear, or some people just want to be outstanding pricks.

Both sides need to abide or it won't work.

Good post Shadok.

Your taking the use of "carebear" a little to far.... im happy to keep removing your posts if its all they are going to be about. Wink Atleast try to add something useful to them.. and i may be a prick on the forums.. maybe thats why we clash we are both pricks... oh well Tongue

Shadok Wrote:Read alot of topics by now, and I have one main concern when reading them. It is the tone they tend to develop in into.
Beta, now rember that.
etc...

Well said Shadok... INX4EVA <3

Saintful Sinner, The Ministry

It's the word "carebare" that starts arguments. The word carebare on this server is a way of of a discussion. seems like when people dont know what to say, they end up saying shit like. "no thats a carebare idea, forget it"

God that word frustrates me

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

I don't post anything with carebear in it. Maybe the actual word, yes. I never call anything carebear in a serious tone. I prefer actual discussions but they end up being ruined by people who insist that every suggestion is "carebear."

Real cute to threaten to remove posts when "your side of the country" is making all the remarks.

That's the only way to say it dude, straight forward.

true say.

yeyeye!

[SIZE="3"]I DONT LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE! I KEEPS IT REAL![/SIZE]

Yeah. Most will challenge anything I say because I'm a dick. ;/