Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The beginnings of Setheron

The story of Setheron...

I can't really tell you how my life began but I will start from the part that I do know. I was taken in by a man named Drucidian after he and his men fought off the deamons who killed my parents outside Britain. My new father took me in and taught me the way of the warrior. I grew up learning the discipline and skills required to defend others who could not defend themselves. As I drew nearer to completing my training my father presented me with a weapon of my very own. It was a black double bladed staff that he called Wolken Blad. I trained for months on the dummy outside of our camp. When father saw how my skills were progressing he sparred with me until dusk almost every night. Being the young apprentice it was often my job to go into town and buy the supplies needed to prepare for their next cleansing of the roadways outside Britain. Just after my eighteenth birthday on my way back from a trip into town I was ambushed by a group of deamons seeking revenge for my fathers violence against them. They beat me to within inches of my life and left me to die on the side of the road. They took everything I had purchased in town as well as Wolken Blad. My father and his men found me and nursed me back to health. I regained my health and vowed to follow in my fathers footsteps cleansing Britain of the deamon that haunt the innocent citizens of this fair city. Over time our group has dwindled down in size through battles and the coming of age. Until recently it was just my father and I fighting as much as we could to protect this fair city. Unfortunatly my father passed away and I am left alone trying to find someone , anyone willing to carry on the good fight by my side. Until then I must lay low. I travel to Minoc regularly in an effort to hone my skills in mining and blacksmithing. These skills allow me to sell my wares in order to provide nutrition and to save for a place that I may call home and that will provide protection against the onslaught of evil forces.

Well after speaking with Galen and Fable I have realized that there are many hours of training needed in order to keep pace with my fellow warriors. I now know that in order to survive in the new style of fighting I need to become both a mage and a healer. I have been working tirelessly on my swordsmanship and my tactics but that is not enough. Not if I want to survive. Master Galen has offered to help me in my training and I am always looking for sparring partners. I hope that my friendship with these Viking fellows will lead to nothing but good. I remember my father telling me stories of the vikings of old and their ways. Much has to change over the coming weeks. With some luck and some dedication I think that I shall reach my goals with ease.